Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who's going to be completely bored this weekend?

VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

this isnt a gripe, definitely not a key beg 

anyone like, register for this game back in 2011 when the registration went live, anxiously following it, watching all these guys beta and stress test and gonna be bored off their asses this weekend?

I know how frustrating it can be, man I've been really looking forward to this game for a new e-home for my wife and myself . Ive talked her ears off about it (no, not an aurin) so shes about as hyped as I am.

so anyway, gonna lurk forums or just cross your fingers you get a key? 

Comments

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    sadly, i'll be trying to enjoy wow since my friend pulled me into it again (only lvl 35).
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

this isnt a gripe, definitely not a key beg, really. I've got intentions.

anyone like, register for this game back in 2011 when the registration went live, anxiously following it, watching all these guys beta and stress test and gonna be bored off their asses this weekend?

I know how frustrating it can be, man I've been really looking forward to this game for a new e-home for my wife and myself . Ive talked her ears off about it (no, not an aurin) so shes about as hyped as I am.

I wish I had your problem, you wanna know true frustration?! Try waiting on Archeage...

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    Originally posted by steelwind

this isnt a gripe, definitely not a key beg, really. I've got intentions.

I wish I had your problem, you wanna know true frustration?! Try waiting on Archeage...

lol, im not waiting on wildstar, just seeing who is ;)

and ya, archeage looks incredible, however, Blade and Soul as well as Black Gold Online are probably my two biggest anticipated games that ..just seem to be lingering out there :(

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

My Wife and I will be enjoying the Valentine's day holiday....

otherwise, YES, I would be bored out of my mind. No Beta Invite is an ebil thing.

• Originally posted by hockeyplayr
    sadly, i'll be trying to enjoy wow since my friend pulled me into it again (only lvl 35).
    whenever I think of going back to WoW I take a few minutes to reflect over why I quit in the first place. Leveling dungeons turned trivial? Check. Leveling PvP destroyed by heirlooms and ability scaling? Check. Leveling in general trivialised by heirlooms? Check. End game dungeons trivial AoE fests? Check. Ridiculous amounts of abilities, like way more than can be reasonably hotleyed after 4 expansions? Check. End-game battlegrounds destroyed by arena players with mad gear? Check. Lobby-based PvE where you sit in the capital waiting to get inexplicably teleported into a adungeon with total strangers you don't care about? Check. Suddenly any desire I had for returning is gone.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Actually they took away the AOE spam fest in dungeons. I miss my volley :(

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by Axxar

Originally posted by hockeyplayr

whenever I think of going back to WoW I take a few minutes to reflect over why I quit in the first place. Leveling dungeons turned trivial? Check. Leveling PvP destroyed by heirlooms and ability scaling? Check. Leveling in general trivialised by heirlooms? Check. End game dungeons trivial AoE fests? Check. Ridiculous amounts of abilities, like way more than can be reasonably hotleyed after 4 expansions? Check. End-game battlegrounds destroyed by arena players with mad gear? Check. Lobby-based PvE where you sit in the capital waiting to get inexplicably teleported into a adungeon with total strangers you don't care about? Check. Suddenly any desire I had for returning is gone.

I just remind myself that i "came back" to wow before, and ended up playing for a day, followed by standing still in stormwind for a day, never to touch the game again.

Kind of a waste of money, heh.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Don't use Heirloom armor on purpose.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• phoenix_genma_kenphoenix_genma_ken Member Posts: 34

hehe i sub like a week ago max 2 week cant remember exactly and got invited for this week end

cant wait to get in

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Actually they took away the AOE spam fest in dungeons. I miss my volley :(

Not really, there are challenge dungeons, but heroics are just AE spam. They did make it take a few more buttons for some classes, although others are still 1 button wonders (Ele Shaman).

Allegedly they are going to be making heroics harder again, closer to WOTLK than Cata though, which is a shame because dungeon difficulty was pretty much the best thing Cata had going for it. I liked having to do careful pulls and use CC. But I guess that is beyond most WoW players.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    Don't use Heirloom armor on purpose.

The dungeons are now designed so you can run through in green gear from 20 levels beforehand.  Not using heirlooms won't make it harder, just longer.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Graylen
    Originally posted by Axxar

Originally posted by hockeyplayr

I just remind myself that i "came back" to wow before, and ended up playing for a day, followed by standing still in stormwind for a day, never to touch the game again.

Kind of a waste of money, heh.

its funny because when i play WoW i play it like any mmorpg is played and i enjoy it. As games keep evolving and changing (both good and bad changes) people leave and others come.

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

and ya, archeage looks incredible, however, Blade and Soul as well as Black Gold Online are probably my two biggest anticipated games that ..just seem to be lingering out there :(

If you want, you can play Blade N Soul China, it does take a bit of  work but you can totally do it 

Here's the steps you have to take to play it right now :

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/403532/Play-Blade-Soul-in-the-EU-and-US-Easy.html

Find a good english speaking guild, and you are gold, and a lot of websites have what you need to understand how to use the game even if is in chinese, like how to build your character, what the story says and so on.

Edit:

Oh and there is an engilsh patch, it does not entirely translate the game, but it does translate most of the interface , and all of teh character creation, and people work on it everyday, time to time if you reainstall it you find new translations.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

They changed their beta sign up a while back which for some reason wiped all old beta applications.
      I had applied back when it was announced and didn't hear crap for a long time after beta.  Then I went to the site and saw that it was a ll new and reapplied.  About a month later I received a key and have been in since.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• Originally posted by evilastro

Originally posted by emperorwings Don't use Heirloom armor on purpose.
    The dungeons are now designed so you can run through in green gear from 20 levels beforehand.  Not using heirlooms won't make it harder, just longer.
    And even if that wasn't true, everyone else will still be in heirlooms even if you're not. Nor does it fix non-heirloom related issues.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

You'd be even more bored in the test.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.