Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe 2nd impressions video - very positive

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Pyatra
    I honestly think we all know the first part is lackluster... all the game elements are there but none of the craziness of dark anchors and skulls in the later PVE section.  Maybe instead of complaining we can offer up some sort of solution(s)?  Maybe a zone event in the starting area that's a little hectic?  Say about mid-zone/island... basically it will break up the monotony and give incentives to keep going are to see what lies beyond?  Doesn't have to be a dark anchor, just something interesting but hectic.

I must be crazy because I continue to disagree with this lol. I do agree that there are differences in the 3 starting areas in scenery, size, quest lines etc., but I think the real problem is that compared to recent MMOs, ESO is a slow leveling experience - something many of us have been asking for. Well folks, this is what slow-leveling feels like.

Another factor is that all of us, myself included, wanted to see that Cyrodiil AVA asap. So there's an extra desire to level fast that is totally incompatible with a deliberately slow leveling game.

And then there's the leveling itself. Unlike the vast majority of MMOs out there, this one is NOT just about leveling, it's about getting skill points and using them to get cool new abilities, morph them, get your ultimate and improve passives. Leveling is just one of the ways to accomplish that.

By the time you're level 15 you will have gotten at least 5 skill points through various quest rewards and there are roughly 21 skyshards to find for an additional 7 skill points. If skill points only came through leveling, this would be like reaching level 27 instead of 15.

It's a different type of MMO and it takes some attitude adjustment but yeah, if your goal is to get to Cyrodiil asap, you will find the first 10 levels slow.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323
    Originally posted by AngryJoeShow

Sheesh,

Rough crowd here huh?

You don't seem to have much experience with the mmo crowd, they are a whole different animal to normal gamers.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by gestalt11
    Originally posted by simplius

Like I said in the other AJ thread.  He only needed to spend 15 minutes - 30 minutes to actually do a little due diligence.  Instead he has to correct himself in a second video.

That is called shoddy workmanship.  The sad thing is he has a valid point that the other two zone are a problem.  But he undermines his own point by making a shoddy although amusing product.

He should just not call anything a review or judge anything nad say its all entertainment.

it wasnt a review, it was a first impression

the second impression was on a different part of the game, so it doesnt have much relevance to the first impression

he has a show, because people like to Watch it

how many shows do you have?

Bullshit.  Labeling something a "first impression" does not excuse not doing a very very minor amount of due diligence.  You shoot your mouth off without actually checking and you get ridiculed and you deserve it.

Now fucking man up and take the lumps you deserve because you fucked up.  Or keep shooting your mouth off without  the modicum of due diligence and get used to looking like a fool.

its not BS, he clearly said that these vids he made are first impressions, and thats exactly what they are, that you don't agree with them is up to you, its a matter of interpretation. Whether you accept this or not is really irrelevant, you can be sure when AJ gets around to a full blown review, he will in fact call it that. Because he's not the one looking like a fool right now. image

• GhernGhern Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by Azzras

snip

This has to be some of the rudest comments on this board thus far...and that's saying something.

You pretty much just attacked everyone because they don't agree with you in some way?

Kind of like how half the people on this forum attacked him when they disagreed with his opinion?

• AngryJoeShowAngryJoeShow Angry JoeMember Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Azzras

snip

This has to be some of the rudest comments on this board thus far...and that's saying something.

You pretty much just attacked everyone because they don't agree with you in some way?

I'm sorry which post of mine did you read?

How did I attack everyone? Or was I replying to those implying that my opinions werent my own, that I wasnt being honest. That im a moron or that I only take a stance for views?

Which rude accusations came first? My reply to them or the original baseless accusations.

Oh wow. I didnt realize that I'm actually not even within my rights to reply to those posts. My fault and my personal apologies Azzras if your feelings were at all hurt by my reply to those people.

If you didnt engage in any of that, how is anything I said directed towards you or "everyone here"?

Do you even understand how this works?

There's so much misinformation on these boards about this game its pretty sad. I just was reading a thread where one dude said you could play PVP within 10 minutes. LOL.

You must be level 10. And in this game more than any other MMO ive ever seen or played you level SLOWLY like 10 hours slowly. Which is something I like, too many MMO have you leveling like crazy in just minutes and if thats the case what the hell is the point of those numbers? I like that leveling takes you forever in this game and you will see some complain about.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by amber-r Originally posted by Naowut His opnion has as much value as anyone in this thread.  Why does it need a thread.
      Because many people don't have their own opinion, they are simply followers and they need someone else to tell them what they should think.  This is more common than you think sadly.
    Indeed. Boggles my mind that with 4 days last weekend when anyone who wanted it could get in to play (Curse keys were still available on Sunday) people didn't just experience it for themselves.

Call me self-centered but to me, my own opinion is so much better than anyone else's. 

^ this all week and twice on Sunday.

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     Maybe he was right in both videos?  1-10 should be improved since this seems to be the criticism coming from everywhere.
  • Originally posted by Phry

Like I said in the other AJ thread.  He only needed to spend 15 minutes - 30 minutes to actually do a little due diligence.  Instead he has to correct himself in a second video.

That is called shoddy workmanship.  The sad thing is he has a valid point that the other two zone are a problem.  But he undermines his own point by making a shoddy although amusing product.

He should just not call anything a review or judge anything nad say its all entertainment.

the second impression was on a different part of the game, so it doesnt have much relevance to the first impression

Bullshit.  Labeling something a "first impression" does not excuse not doing a very very minor amount of due diligence.  You shoot your mouth off without actually checking and you get ridiculed and you deserve it.

Now fucking man up and take the lumps you deserve because you fucked up.  Or keep shooting your mouth off without  the modicum of due diligence and get used to looking like a fool.

its not BS, he clearly said that these vids he made are first impressions, and thats exactly what they are, that you don't agree with them is up to you, its a matter of interpretation. Whether you accept this or not is really irrelevant, you can be sure when AJ gets around to a full blown review, he will in fact call it that. Because he's not the one looking like a fool right now. image

You operate your life that way, that's your perogative.  It's make you a mark, but you can deal with those consequences yourself.

Me, I hold people to what they say.  And if they are constantly saying things having only checked 1/3 of the situation I consider them untrustworthy because that is one of the basics of forming a real "impression" about things. 

If "first" to you means "license to be wildly inaccurate due to pure lazines and/or being rushed/greedy" then that's cool, you do that it will work out great for you I am sure.   

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by amber-r

Sheesh,

Rough crowd here huh?

You don't seem to have much experience with the mmo crowd, they are a whole different animal to normal gamers.

yup, were kick-boxing Space vampires with nuclear machine guns

give us the game, we want , or suffer the consequences

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GhernGhern Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by Phry

You operate your life that way, that's your perogative.  It's make you a mark, but you can deal with those consequences yourself.

Me, I hold people to what they say.  And if they are constantly saying things having only checked 1/3 of the situation I consider them untrustworthy because that is one of the basics of forming a real "impression" about things. 

If "first" to you means "license to be wildly inaccurate due to pure lazines and/or being rushed/greedy" then that's cool, you do that it will work out great for you I am sure.   

The fact that he did a second video and opinion of the game deeper in to the content proves your entire rant is way off base. 

His "first impression" was accurate and honest. Just because you didn't like or agree with it doesn't make it wrong. It was his first impression. I agreed with him. It's boring as hell and breaks no new ground.

I can't even get past lvl 8 I find it so boring.  Hopefully next beta weekend I will accomplish that and see for myself if the game opens up and gets better deeper in.

• AngryJoeShowAngryJoeShow Angry JoeMember Posts: 3

Anyway,

Back on Topic Here.

Levels 1-10 in my own opinion need to be improved for the Ebonheart Pact & The Daggerfall Covenant. A starting area for a game like this need to have more impact. Those two are completely dull, totally empty feeling, and require long distance running sessions with nothing really in between to distract you from that fact (as in other Elder Scroll Games).

The best gameplay experience lies with the Dominion 1-10.

At Level 10, the PvP in this game is incredibly fun only if you have a larger group of people you know you can roam with. Siege battles are just as good if not better than they were in GW2.

The fact that there is also PvE content in this PvP Cyrodill map is also a really cool addition that will let smaller groups of roleplayers and "hunter packs" spring ambushes on each other.

The above makes this game worth $60 to me - and that why I felt I need to make that second video. Whether or not I continue to spend $15 every month depends on the later game content, how well the massive PvP battles work out and the various dungeons and end game stuff.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Phry

Well said.

Everyone wants to be a video journalist today but most have no clue about basic journalistic practices such as fact checking.

It creates a world of half-baked rumors that get re-tweeted by the mob and acquire a life of their own. It's a world where everyone is aware of the controversial allegation and no one knows a thing about the rebuttal or retraction.

You (or it) are guilty just because some loud mouth says you are.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Sigh. A guys just says how he thinks about a game, and some people freaking out.

Don't like what he says? Well don't LISTEN to it. AJ is as free to say his opinion as you are. No need to get pissed about it.

Some people... I don't get it why some people can't let anyone have an opinion without feeling personally offended!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Elikal

Sigh. A guys just says how he thinks about a game, and some people freaking out.

Don't like what he says? Well don't LISTEN to it. AJ is as free to say his opinion as you are. No need to get pissed about it.

Some people... I don't get it why some people can't let anyone have an opinion without feeling personally offended!

When one posts their opinion (or anything for that matter) on the internet, it becomes everyone's business.

You could just as easily not read the forums commenting on his videos.  (Playing devil's advocate with the last statement.  Hopefully you don't take offense to it and understand what I'm implying with it.)

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

People are very aggressive on this forum. I love angryjoes videos and even though he gave the first impressions some bad feedback I still watched the video because it was the truth, simply put not just about the early levels but the pre-order bonuses and after the 2nd video more focused on pvp and level 8+ he has ended up where I currently feel about the game too.

I mean check out the Total War reviews... SWTOR.... GW2 etc. Only one I didnt agree with is the one on sleeping dogs.

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

Because a lot of weak minded people follow every word followed people say, very few care what you or I think.  That's the difference.

If someone with a lot of influence does a half baked preview that turns a lot of people against the game it's only fair they will not like it.  Mainly talking about the first preview since this one obvious had more effort put into it.

Originally posted by funyahns
     Maybe he was right in both videos?  1-10 should be improved since this seems to be the criticism coming from everywhere.

i think, we have a winner

Sheesh,

Rough crowd here huh?

I kind of expected to be eviscerated by the ESO faithful for saying that the game has some trouble ahead of it. For saying that it would do better as a free to play game, for saying that the questlines in two of the three factions levels 1-10 were rather ho-hum and outright boring at times. For saying that the city layouts in many starting areas are borderline idiotic. OH GOD these are captial offenses - CLEARLY NO ONE THINKS THIS. CLEARLY ITS A PLEA FOR ATTENTION AND SUBS AND VIEWS TO MAKE MONEYYYYYYYYY! *rolls eyes*

That I'd expect.

Could it be that theres some truth to it? or am I just out to make money on my stupid videos? (depends on whether or not im saying what you want me too) Listen. Its not just by my account but by no less than 10 of those who played the game with me during the Public Test Server (other media included) as well as my GF who has extensive MMO experience of all types. You might find the questlines exhilarating but the majority of people will be disappointed, especially with the words "Elder Scrolls" slapped on the box. That's just fact and you will see that no matter what you personally do come release.

It's always annoying to have people call out your actual and real opinion on something "flip flopping" or "attention whoring" its a baseless accusation made by cowards - because honestly you dont need to provide any proof at all - people will just automatically believe it as truth - because its the internet and because I have a lot of subscribers now. But had I done the same thing with no subs, then id be the source of truth? Nope. I'd just be dismissed as a nobody as people dismiss those on the forums that have constructive criticism for the game.

Angry Joe is an Idiot for having an Opinion.

Angry Joe only cares about views, not games. I bet he doesnt even know how to play games. I bet he beat up kids in high school. My friend has proof of it.

Angry Joe flip flops on his opinions, once saying that this part of the game is boring and could use work, while the other part of the game offers a much better experience. What a moron.

*sigh*

Anyway thanks for watching the video - and from what you can see via gameplay make your own decision. You dont need me to give you the okay to buy or not, but I can certainly help show more and give one average dudes opinion - and ill continue to do so whether you like it or not.

Heya,

well, welcome to the fight club... err board. ^^

Having been here for some years: just ignore acidic people. Some just seek trouble. End of story. Too bad.

I don't always agree with you, but I always enjoy and respect your work. I think one can see clearly the distinction betwen reporting facts and telling your opinion. Which is the damn right of every person to say!

I rather critizise other stuff about ESO. Like lacking certain MMO features / conveniences: lack of Auction House, no minimap or chat bubbles. Force solo instances where I can't bring friends. Same with PVP. Without Minimap, Commander Tag and Chat Bubbles I felt very lost in PVP.

Keep up your good work, man!

And again, some ppl here are trouble personalities, which jump at everyone who has a different opinion. Been here long enough to just ignore such people and focus on the constructive people. ;)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I was a little hard on Angry Joe for his initial assessment of the game after only playing through 9 levels.  But the man has every right to change his mind after experiencing more of the game.  We all do it.  And while I still disagree with his thoughts about turning this thing into F2P (I'm out if it goes that route), I can respect that he's had a change of heart after experiencing what looks like the awesome RvR of old.

Originally posted by greenreen

Not quite accurate. It's someone who knows that people will follow their advice. If they gave incorrect advice day 1 and someone didn't return to listen to more on day 2 - who loses? The game devs for not selling their box quota or us for not having people to play with. Some people really go by reviews, that's their option to try to use a source who will aggregate data for them but to say outright that you think a game is boring - what worse things can you say about a game. Games are to relieve boredom, not cause it.

Do you think people won't buy the game because you want chat bubbles or will buy the game because I like the sound of the PVP better in this game than GW2? Not likely, our opinions are just ramblings here because the most important ones are usually buried under 2ft of arguing... oh I mean debating... yes debating in 10+ page posts.

Last time I checked, freedom of speech was still part of the Constitution.

You can critizise WHAT someone says. Critizising his RIGHT to say it is LUDICROUS.

Which ENDS this POINTLESS debate for me. Anyone who continues this absurd and baseless personal slander will simply land on my ignore list, hence. Just because someone is (semi) famous doesn't allow anyone here to make him a personal target for all sort of slander, questioning his character or his moral integrity. Anyone who does that about VIDEO GAMES has ISSUES.

End of debate from my point.

agree

but, how will i know , that i dont like it, BEFORE listening /reading? clairvoyance?

i dont always agree with AJ, but his passion is his strength

stay passionate Joe, and dont become a boring "pro"

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by greenreen

Not quite accurate. It's someone who knows that people will follow their advice. If they gave incorrect advice day 1 and someone didn't return to listen to more on day 2 - who loses? The game devs for not selling their box quota or us for not having people to play with. Some people really go by reviews, that's their option to try to use a source who will aggregate data for them but to say outright that you think a game is boring - what worse things can you say about a game. Games are to relieve boredom, not cause it.

Do you think people won't buy the game because you want chat bubbles or will buy the game because I like the sound of the PVP better in this game than GW2? Not likely, our opinions are just ramblings here because the most important ones are usually buried under 2ft of arguing... oh I mean debating... yes debating in 10+ page posts.

Last time I checked, freedom of speech was still part of the Constitution.

You can critizise WHAT someone says. Critizising his RIGHT to say it is LUDICROUS.

Which ENDS this POINTLESS debate for me. Anyone who continues this absurd and baseless personal slander will simply land on my ignore list, hence. Just because someone is (semi) famous doesn't allow anyone here to make him a personal target for all sort of slander, questioning his character or his moral integrity. Anyone who does that about VIDEO GAMES has ISSUES.

End of debate from my point.

Freedom of speech also allows for the criticism of the right to one's speech...no matter how ludicrous you think it is.

Why do you care so much, anyway?  He put a video on the internet.  He's opened himself to criticism. Seems he did ok by himself flaming everyone later on. (feel free to replace the word flaming with your word of choice if it offends.)

My point is still this, if you don't like what people's opinions are concerning the video...don't read them.

Anyway, this 'topic' is actually off topic.

On Topic:

Still not a fan of his, but seeing video of any closed beta for a game I'm somewhat interested in is a plus...even if I found the 'host' to be annoying.