Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe 2nd impressions video - very positive

Comments

• LimitationsLimitations Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I don't like Angry Joe, i'll admit, and I take his words with a grain of salt really. I usually mute his videos, and just watch the game play. He's more of a child than anything. (Let the hate come). Though it does seem after the first ten levels, the game gets much better. Who knows? I'm just waiting for the NDA drop to be honest. The press drop didn't do much for me, or the game really. Sad

Who said this won't be perfect after all we know what is right
    And the sounds of bodies clashing is enough to make them cry.
    You know this cannot be perfect even when it is feeling right.
    And the sound of bodies crashing echo through the night.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Azzras
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Elikal
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    If there is one persons opinion i dont care for its his....  And that of his selfish so called buddy reporters

Yes. But you extra had to come here to say it.

I wonder why so many ppl feel the urge to bash Angry Joe. Envy?

A thread about him flip flopping seems like a good place to do it. I still can't figure out why people post this guys opinion on anything actually. He's just some guy....

Not a fan of this Angry Joe fellow, but everyone is just 'some guy/girl'.  George Washington was just 'some guy'...he just happened to gain recognition. (Not saying AJ is GW...)

If GW gave me his opinion on something, I'd consider it and discuss it with him ( lol nice example btw :P ) If someone told me GW thought it was a good game...I'd say, so ?

If someone likes his review..fine. The OP just posted the link to it and let people watch or don't and decide for themselves. It's when people start to use his opinion on the game like it has some meaning I start to wonder why it matters any more than just some random person saying they like it or don't ?

If 2 people like sticking sharp things into their eye does that mean you'll like it too ? Should you watch them do it and decide for yourself or just take their word for it because they have 300k+ followers on youtube as well.

And at the same time, if GW told me to stick a sharp object in my eye then I'd decline just as fast as if AJ told me to.

Again, I'm not a fan of AJ.  Not even a little, but he does have quite the following.  He did have footage of the Beta.  People apparently, for better or worse, listen to his opinions.

With all that said, I'm still sticking to my initial reaction to AJ.  He's a bit of an attention seeker and his opinions are skewed way to much (imo) by his 'friends'.

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
    AJ is an entertainer, and a pretty good one by YouTube standards. I love watching his videos, but his opinion is precisely that. I don't have much time for game critics - I am just not that serious about video gaming. But those who can entertain as they opine are worth following. 
    Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I've got no opinion on Angry Joe, but I will say I did enjoy the video.

Really the first one I've seen with a focus on the castle sieges, and I must say, I like what I saw.

In fact, I think this turned the corner.  I've always said the keep sieges were what would get me to play this title, and I'm curious enough to give it a go now.

Likely to purchase a copy this weekend......  right after I buy a new gaming  laptop to play it on. image

Not to bring this off topic but don't buy a gaming laptop. I regret my purchase of a rather expensive one just over 2 years ago, its a Sager/Clevo from a horrible company called Malibal in Nevada with horrendous support, it has dual 580Ms and a desktop processor, but it overheats too much even with a cooler underneath. Not to mention the power brick is huge and I had two attach two via a splitter to help stop if from overheating. Desktop all the way. Like some will say here, build your own, but if you cant, Id look into a Falcon Northwest Tiki or Fragbox :-). They are small enough to move around pretty easily.

ASUS or Alienware make superb gaming laptops.  I build my own desktops (which is definitely the way to go), but I still need a laptop for when I travel. 

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

And at the same time, if GW told me to stick a sharp object in my eye then I'd decline just as fast as if AJ told me to.

Again, I'm not a fan of AJ.  Not even a little, but he does have quite the following.  He did have footage of the Beta.  People apparently, for better or worse, listen to his opinions.

With all that said, I'm still sticking to my initial reaction to AJ.  He's a bit of an attention seeker and his opinions are skewed way to much (imo) by his 'friends'.

It did seem like the other Joe may have swayed his initial thoughts. This is the first video I have seen where that was the case though so I wouldn't go generalizing his opinions based on one incident where his initial hype got derailed by his friend giving his opinion. I will say though that my opinion gets skewed a lot by my friends so maybe that is why I didn't pick that out and hold it against him. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Originally posted by FlawSGI

It did seem like the other Joe may have swayed his initial thoughts. This is the first video I have seen where that was the case though so I wouldn't go generalizing his opinions based on one incident where his initial hype got derailed by his friend giving his opinion. I will say though that my opinion gets skewed a lot by my friends so maybe that is why I didn't pick that out and hold it against him. 

I accept that.  I've seen some of his other videos and still don't care for him, but I won't generalize anymore about his friends swaying his opinions.

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323
    Originally posted by Naowut

His opnion has as much value as anyone in this thread. 

Why does it need a thread.

Because many people don't have their own opinion, they are simply followers and they need someone else to tell them what they should think.  This is more common than you think sadly.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by bcbully
    He made it to level 10... How he claimed to review prior to that, I'll never know.

He didn't, in his video he clearly said that it was his first impression of the game.
    Only the title of his preview was perhaps badly chosen.

But people here should really look at things with a calm mind, freaking out isn't gonna help anyone.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by amber-r

Because many people don't have their own opinion, they are simply followers and they need someone else to tell them what they should think.  This is more common than you think sadly.

Indeed. Boggles my mind that with 4 days last weekend when anyone who wanted it could get in to play (Curse keys were still available on Sunday) people didn't just experience it for themselves.

Call me self-centered but to me, my own opinion is so much better than anyone else's. image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Like I said in the other AJ thread.  He only needed to spend 15 minutes - 30 minutes to actually do a little due diligence.  Instead he has to correct himself in a second video.

That is called shoddy workmanship.  The sad thing is he has a valid point that the other two zone are a problem.  But he undermines his own point by making a shoddy although amusing product.

He should just not call anything a review or judge anything nad say its all entertainment.

• Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by amber-r

Indeed. Boggles my mind that with 4 days last weekend when anyone who wanted it could get in to play (Curse keys were still available on Sunday) people didn't just experience it for themselves.

Call me self-centered but to me, my own opinion is so much better than anyone else's. image

Impossible.  My opinion is clearly better than yours.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Saw that shit coming. Its been echoed in a million threads... Get past 10 and try pvp and get past 15 for pve.

Behold the beginning of the Angry Joe 180.

Exactly.

Remember Eurogamer's 'review' of Darkfall that turned out to be less then an hour of actual gameplay? In the end, knee jerk reaction reviews do more harm then good.

im glad Angry Joe is sticking with it and providing continuous updates. Kudos!

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

I hope you guys all saw the bit where that other dude whose footage Joe used just stood there and completed a significant portion of his kill quest by doing nothing. Theres other stuff wrong, but it hasn't been mentioned in any videos so I can't say. 

I just hope you guys can put 2 and 2 together and figure out what I'm implying...

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
    Originally posted by Razephon

I hope you guys all saw the bit where that other dude whose footage Joe used just stood there and completed a significant portion of his kill quest by doing nothing. Theres other stuff wrong, but it hasn't been mentioned in any videos so I can't say. 

I just hope you guys can put 2 and 2 together and figure out what I'm implying...

Yes. Anti-freeloading tweaks will need to happen.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644

It's because it's a repeatable group quest and his buddies were on siege.  Not a high reward quest but it's a nice little boost to xp and it helps pay for siege weapons by a small fraction.  It's really just a small pickup group quest.  They have mentioned it on several sites earlier this week.

To avoid free loading you can just kick from group.  Healers get to freeload though, I will allow it.  LOL.

Originally posted by Pyatra

It's because it's a repeatable group quest and his buddies were on siege.  Not a high reward quest but it's a nice little boost to xp and it helps pay for siege weapons by a small fraction.  It's really just a small pickup group quest.  They have mentioned it on several sites earlier this week.

To avoid free loading you can just kick from group.  Healers get to freeload though, I will allow it.  LOL.

Same old...the primadonnas of MMOs image

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• AngryJoeShowAngryJoeShow Angry JoeMember Posts: 3

Sheesh,

Rough crowd here huh?

I kind of expected to be eviscerated by the ESO faithful for saying that the game has some trouble ahead of it. For saying that it would do better as a free to play game, for saying that the questlines in two of the three factions levels 1-10 were rather ho-hum and outright boring at times. For saying that the city layouts in many starting areas are borderline idiotic. OH GOD these are captial offenses - CLEARLY NO ONE THINKS THIS. CLEARLY ITS A PLEA FOR ATTENTION AND SUBS AND VIEWS TO MAKE MONEYYYYYYYYY! *rolls eyes*

That I'd expect.

Could it be that theres some truth to it? or am I just out to make money on my stupid videos? (depends on whether or not im saying what you want me too) Listen. Its not just by my account but by no less than 10 of those who played the game with me during the Public Test Server (other media included) as well as my GF who has extensive MMO experience of all types. You might find the questlines exhilarating but the majority of people will be disappointed, especially with the words "Elder Scrolls" slapped on the box. That's just fact and you will see that no matter what you personally do come release.

It's always annoying to have people call out your actual and real opinion on something "flip flopping" or "attention whoring" its a baseless accusation made by cowards - because honestly you dont need to provide any proof at all - people will just automatically believe it as truth - because its the internet and because I have a lot of subscribers now. But had I done the same thing with no subs, then id be the source of truth? Nope. I'd just be dismissed as a nobody as people dismiss those on the forums that have constructive criticism for the game.

Angry Joe is an Idiot for having an Opinion.

Angry Joe only cares about views, not games. I bet he doesnt even know how to play games. I bet he beat up kids in high school. My friend has proof of it.

Angry Joe flip flops on his opinions, once saying that this part of the game is boring and could use work, while the other part of the game offers a much better experience. What a moron.

*sigh*

Anyway thanks for watching the video - and from what you can see via gameplay make your own decision. You dont need me to give you the okay to buy or not, but I can certainly help show more and give one average dudes opinion - and ill continue to do so whether you like it or not.

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by AngryJoeShow

Snip

If you were really angry joe, why would you be upset?

You make bills to play video games and give your opinion. Controversy just makes you more money. The more people hate, the fatter your bank account gets.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Saw that shit coming. Its been echoed in a million threads... Get past 10 and try pvp and get past 15 for pve.

Behold the beginning of the Angry Joe 180.

thats still a big problem, though

they will lose a lot of players , if the first levels dont suck people in

specially in a hyped game, like this

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    I honestly think we all know the first part is lackluster... all the game elements are there but none of the craziness of dark anchors and skulls in the later PVE section.  Maybe instead of complaining we can offer up some sort of solution(s)?  Maybe a zone event in the starting area that's a little hectic?  Say about mid-zone/island... basically it will break up the monotony and give incentives to keep going are to see what lies beyond?  Doesn't have to be a dark anchor, just something interesting but hectic.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Sheesh,

Rough crowd here huh?

I kind of expected to be eviscerated by the ESO faithful for saying that the game has some trouble ahead of it. For saying that it would do better as a free to play game, for saying that the questlines in two of the three factions levels 1-10 were rather ho-hum and outright boring at times. For saying that the city layouts in many starting areas are borderline idiotic. OH GOD these are captial offenses - CLEARLY NO ONE THINKS THIS. CLEARLY ITS A PLEA FOR ATTENTION AND SUBS AND VIEWS TO MAKE MONEYYYYYYYYY! *rolls eyes*

That I'd expect.

Could it be that theres some truth to it? or am I just out to make money on my stupid videos? (depends on whether or not im saying what you want me too) Listen. Its not just by my account but by no less than 10 of those who played the game with me during the Public Test Server (other media included) as well as my GF who has extensive MMO experience of all types. You might find the questlines exhilarating but the majority of people will be disappointed, especially with the words "Elder Scrolls" slapped on the box. That's just fact and you will see that no matter what you personally do come release.

It's always annoying to have people call out your actual and real opinion on something "flip flopping" or "attention whoring" its a baseless accusation made by cowards - because honestly you dont need to provide any proof at all - people will just automatically believe it as truth - because its the internet and because I have a lot of subscribers now. But had I done the same thing with no subs, then id be the source of truth? Nope. I'd just be dismissed as a nobody as people dismiss those on the forums that have constructive criticism for the game.

Angry Joe is an Idiot for having an Opinion.

Angry Joe only cares about views, not games. I bet he doesnt even know how to play games. I bet he beat up kids in high school. My friend has proof of it.

Angry Joe flip flops on his opinions, once saying that this part of the game is boring and could use work, while the other part of the game offers a much better experience. What a moron.

*sigh*

Anyway thanks for watching the video - and from what you can see via gameplay make your own decision. You dont need me to give you the okay to buy or not, but I can certainly help show more and give one average dudes opinion - and ill continue to do so whether you like it or not.

Power to ya Joe

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by gestalt11

Like I said in the other AJ thread.  He only needed to spend 15 minutes - 30 minutes to actually do a little due diligence.  Instead he has to correct himself in a second video.

That is called shoddy workmanship.  The sad thing is he has a valid point that the other two zone are a problem.  But he undermines his own point by making a shoddy although amusing product.

He should just not call anything a review or judge anything nad say its all entertainment.

it wasnt a review, it was a first impression

the second impression was on a different part of the game, so it doesnt have much relevance to the first impression

he has a show, because people like to Watch it

how many shows do you have?

snip

This has to be some of the rudest comments on this board thus far...and that's saying something.

You pretty much just attacked everyone because they don't agree with you in some way?

• Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by gestalt11

Like I said in the other AJ thread.  He only needed to spend 15 minutes - 30 minutes to actually do a little due diligence.  Instead he has to correct himself in a second video.

it wasnt a review, it was a first impression

the second impression was on a different part of the game, so it doesnt have much relevance to the first impression

he has a show, because people like to Watch it

how many shows do you have?

Bullshit.  Labeling something a "first impression" does not excuse not doing a very very minor amount of due diligence.  You shoot your mouth off without actually checking and you get ridiculed and you deserve it.

Now fucking man up and take the lumps you deserve because you fucked up.  Or keep shooting your mouth off without  the modicum of due diligence and get used to looking like a fool.