Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe 2nd impressions video - very positive

Comments

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Saw that shit coming. Its been echoed in a million threads... Get past 10 and try pvp and get past 15 for pve.

Behold the beginning of the Angry Joe 180.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    So wait...now AJ is a professional now right?Not an attention seeking click whore like he was last week according to TESO fans.
  • Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214

Whew...thank god for AJ. Now I can proceed to pre-purchase this, how would I ever form an opinion without AJ there to direct my sheep ass? LOL, JK!

Seriously though, I don't trust him since he went back on not buying an xbone. He also said good things about GW2 WvW and look how that turned out.

Originally posted by Drakynn
    So wait...now AJ is a professional now right?Not an attention seeking click whore like he was last week according to TESO fans.

Your the only one to use the word professional in this thread so far.

He speaks well enough, but he flip flops on every game he plays like nuts.

Originally posted by Jyiiga

So he's untrustworthy so his positive views are just as worthless as his negative ones so this entire thread is pointless?

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

No this is the way the press play people.

Make "controversy" to get people riled and arguing. Yay clicks!

Then flip on which side your on to play the other side and create new "controversy". Yay more clicks!

They get you coming and going and never once cared about giving a full, balanced, journalistic summary.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Perhaps it's just a carefully orchestrated bait-and-switch to increase his views ?

"Oh look, AJ's had a change of heart, must watch that clip to see what made him change his mind ! image"

Yeah, riiight...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Well what do you know, he actually plays more than 30 minutes and likes it now.

Strange how that can happen once you get past the tutorial and reach some actual content.

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Perhaps it's just a carefully orchestrated bait-and-switch to increase his views ?

"Oh look, AJ's had a change of heart, must watch that clip to see what made him change his mind ! image"

Yeah, riiight...

It might be but actually I think his change does kind of reflect what happens int he game once you get out of the two starter zones.The real problem is people treat these previews as actual reviews and can't get their heads around that they are only opinions on the parts of the game the author has been able to play so far which in most cases is clearly shown and stated.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    He made it to level 10... How he claimed to review prior to that, I'll never know.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Funny, because I too felt a) Mage is better and b) Dominion has BY FAR the cooler quests. Very weird, I thought I had imagined that. But it seems other ppl like AJ sees it the same.

I am still cross with PVP for "technical reasons". No minimap, no chat bubbles, no name tags, no commander tags and not free rez from fellow players annoyed me A LOT in PVP. A great very lot.

SIDENOTE: Why is the Dominion so damn strong in every PVP map? o.0

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

His opnion has as much value as anyone in this thread. 

Why does it need a thread.

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412
    Originally posted by bcbully
    He made it to level 10... How others claimed to review prior to that, I'll never know.

Fixed that for you.

Joe never claimed to review it. Not even now.

His first video was his 1-10 impressions. This video is his impression of 10-15.

1-10 seems to need a lot of work, it being the tutorial area does not excuse it from not grabbing players.

10-15 the game seems to start to come together and start being serious fun, so it does look like ESO might be bringing solid content to the table.

15+ we don't know much at all about yet, no idea how that'll turn out.

There hasn't been a single review of the game yet. Merely a few impressions and previews. [mod edit]

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

So he's untrustworthy so his positive views are just as worthless as his negative ones so this entire thread is pointless?

If you ask me, I think most reviews are worthless when the game is so easy to try out for free. I'll play the game and make my own decision.

If you want to give an objective preview of what features the game sports, I'm all for that. But AJ isn't a journalist, is rarely objective, and his opinion is meaningless.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Elikal

Funny, because I too felt a) Mage is better and b) Dominion has BY FAR the cooler quests. Very weird, I thought I had imagined that. But it seems other ppl like AJ sees it the same.

I am still cross with PVP for "technical reasons". No minimap, no chat bubbles, no name tags, no commander tags and not free rez from fellow players annoyed me A LOT in PVP. A great very lot.

I kind of felt the same way as you. And perhaps enough other folks did too and its being reflected in the PVP.

Originally posted by Naowut

His opnion has as much value as anyone in this thread. 

Why does it need a thread.

To counter the other thread. LOL

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Well he still kinda goes by his main point that it might be still better as free to play if you watched till the end.

Also seeing the video it's pretty clear that the pvp zones will be 90-95% ranged as I suspected.

• SpawnbladeSpawnblade Member UncommonPosts: 204

The problem is that the press reviewers decided to write up reviews based on old beta builds, and release them after the NDA was lifted for press.  They didn't fix or adjust their write-ups in any way to account for new beta builds.  That's the whole reason the NDA was in place, to stop people from talking about old builds that were not indicative of how the final product would launch.  Sadly, reviewers seemed to completely ignore this and decided that 15 minutes to come up with a new write-up was too much work.

Well, at least they're finally releasing their new write-ups now, and perhaps hype won't be as out of control as it would have been.  Better that people are pleasantly surprised by the game than disappointed because it's not the second coming of DAOC (though it actually may be.)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Bloodaxes

Well he still kinda goes by his main point that it might be still better as free to play if you watched till the end.

Also seeing the video it's pretty clear that the pvp zones will be 90-95% ranged as I suspected.

We need a sticky P2P vs. F2P vs. B2P in every forum. Tired of seeing threads polluted and sidetracked with the same old debate.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SpawnbladeSpawnblade Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    Originally posted by Elikal

I kind of felt the same way as you. And perhaps enough other folks did too and its being reflected in the PVP.

Chat bubbles kill immersion.  Hopefully they only implement something like that as optional, if they do.  Same with giant floating names.  Minimap is unnecessary, as you should have to open up your map and block your screen (as if you were actually reading a map,) if you want to see the outline of the terrain around you.  This also provides alternate avenues for player skill to impact the game, as being able to memorize terrain and spot landmarks becomes important if you want to avoid pulling up your map often.

If Dominion is strong in PvP maps, it's because the players picking Dominion are better PvPers.  That's really the only possible reason.  Though Argonian swimming bonus is probably the most underrated racial bonus in the game.  Though it's use is limited without in-water combat.

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346

It's realistic.

Think about you got a bunch of people with guns. What's going to happen to the first person who charges forward with a stick. That being said you can weapon swap and all classes have access to a bow and two staff trees.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    If there is one persons opinion i dont care for its his....  And that of his selfish so called buddy reporters

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

If there is one things these reviews should have made loud and clear it's that F2P for this game as it's currently designed would be stupid.  Your average F2P gamer doesn't have the motivation or resolve to play a game with the slow ramp up pace of ESO.  If you don't invest anything to try the game than you have nothing invested if you leave after a hour or two of trying it.  If ESO ever went F2P I guarantee you it would be preceded by a "streamlining" of the leveling experience to suit it to the average F2P player who likes their levels fast and flashy at least in the beginning.  

As for the ranged comment I think it's going to depend on what kind of PVP player you are.  Turtling up in a keep is not going to be the best strategy with siege weapons and open world hunters who can break sieges are going to be very valuable.  A good PVP player is going to be the one who can do both ranged and close quarters as the need requires and is not afraid to get unclose and personal with the enemy.  Once those walls break down combat is going to be much more melee friendly as well.  Standing on a wall hurling fire balls down at the other side might look fun but it's not very useful in breaking a siege or keeping your walls from being broken down.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by udon

If there is one things these reviews should have made loud and clear it's that F2P for this game as it's currently designed would be stupid.  Your average F2P gamer doesn't have the motivation or resolve to play a game with the slow ramp up pace of ESO.  If you don't invest anything to try the game than you have nothing invested if you leave after a hour or two of trying it.  If ESO ever went F2P I guarantee you it would be preceded by a "streamlining" of the leveling experience to suit it to the average F2P player who likes their levels fast and flashy at least in the beginning.  

As for the ranged comment I think it's going to depend on what kind of PVP player you are.  Turtling up in a keep is not going to be the best strategy with siege weapons and open world hunters who can break sieges are going to be very valuable.  A good PVP player is going to be the one who can do both ranged and close quarters as the need requires and is not afraid to get unclose and personal with the enemy.  Once those walls break down combat is going to be much more melee friendly as well.  Standing on a wall hurling fire balls down at the other side might look fun but it's not very useful in breaking a siege or keeping your walls from being broken down.

There hasn't been a single review, what are you talking about?