Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

1232425262729»

Comments

• Majin_JubeiMajin_Jubei Member UncommonPosts: 47
    My favorite moment was when a group of FCmates and I FINALLY took down Nael van Darnus (aka The White Raven) after several failed attempts in the last few remaining days of XIV 1.0.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

To keep it short, ever since the disappointment of FFXIII I've really felt that the Final Fantasy series was, for me, effectively dead. This was / is especially heartbreaking for me because the original FF on NES was the absolute first JRPG I ever played. I still have my copy of the Nintendo Power game guide for it around here somewhere.

The best moment of FFXIV for me was when I realized that the game is not only a very well done MMO, but is also a worthy game in the Final Fantasy series. The music, the visuals, the sound, the story, the game play... it all reeks of classic FF (or an evolution thereof). When I reached level 2 and heard the victory fanfare play for the first time, when I saw Biggs & Wedge show up, when I finally got my chocobo... I knew that as a lifetime fan of the FF series, I was finally home after nearly a decade of one crushing disappointment after another.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• borockborock Member Posts: 42

I played Final Fantasy XIV and I LOVED the music in the pugilist starting zone. Final Fantasy is one of my favorite frachises of all time, and the music is a big part of that. Having that type of music in an MMO  flooded me with nostalgia and how much I missed the series.

My favorite moment from the single player games would definately have to be finally earning omnislash from the golden saucer arena area in FF7. was so happy I got it.

• KirinRahlKirinRahl Member UncommonPosts: 159

Just about my favorite thing about XIV was coming back after the first try wasn't so great and finding myself running straight to 50, having a great time.  I'm rarely surprised when it comes to games like this, and the game was so revitalized that I just couldn't help but play it.

Specifically speaking, my favorite moment would have to be a time in Haukke Manor with a bunch of PUGs.  We pulled way too much; a sideroom, a couple of the screaming succubus ladies,  just way too much, and the between me popping stuff and one of the DPS folks pulling out a healerpet, they actually managed to keep me up through it.

It was a great experience, and everyone was on my server (!), so we all hopped in a guild together and played onwards from there.  Rare to find a great group.  One of my favorite in recent memory.

• hoonybro90hoonybro90 Member Posts: 2

I loved being able to ride the chocobos!!!!!!!!!!

they have been my fav char in all of the FF games XD

CHOCOBOS FTW!!!!!!!

• RupskulRupskul Member Posts: 71

I think the best part of FFXIV for me was beating the Coil Bosses for the first time.  Such a great feeling of accomplishment after so ... many ... wipes! 

• selobthegodselobthegod Member Posts: 155
    The music and starting area just makes u lose urself in the game!

• SoppisSoppis Member UncommonPosts: 3
    My favourite moment was when I finally managed to defeat hardmode Titan. After two weeks occationally trying with my guildies, I joined a pug and downed him on first try :(
  • kelpheadkelphead Member UncommonPosts: 9
    My favorite moment was going into Ul'dah and seeing a city bustling with life and beautiful buildings. This was the first time I went into a major city on a game and felt like it was a real city, not ust a bunch of npc's standing around.
  • MesothelaeMesothelae Member Posts: 1

i simply love the combat <3

• cryptomayhemcryptomayhem Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Loved seeing Eorza for the first time!
  • dman22dman22 Member UncommonPosts: 1

My favourite experience was definitely FFX.

One of the best plotlines I've ever encountered to this day.

Wonderfully crafted characters, each bringing something unique and tasteful to the table.

The final parts were incredible.

Tidus finally confronting his long absent father, Jecht, very charged dialouge, ending with Tidus's simple, very loaded 'I hate you'.

Tidus's goodbye to Yuna was also heartbreaking to watch, as the two found comfort in each other throughout the story.

To this day I'd recommend FFX to other people...

• nekochennekochen Member Posts: 1

My most memorable moment is during the first 2 weeks of launch.

Sitting at my PC eager to log in for 4 hours straight, clicking through error 90000 and then finally get in at last... never to log out again. xD

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Thanks everyone for entering!

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS:

mtibbs1989

magier42

This discussion has been closed.