Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you don't like the is game why are you posting on the ESO forums?

Comments

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Warjin

I don't get it, what's up with all the hate post and neg reviewers? I mean if you don't like the game then move on, don't post or follow the game, You don't see me over at the Wildstar forums posting crap why because I could care less about that game, I think it's nothing more then WoW clone with lazers, I will never go over and troll that forum just because i don't think the game is for me, I respect another persons willingness to play that game.

As of late all I been seeing coming out the wookwork are new accounts troll posting this game and angry people mad at who knows what, but I can tell you this and I am no doctor, you haters need to get your heads checked, what is wrong with you people, what mental illness do you suffer from that makes you want to just hate for the sake of hating?

Haters are you mad that this game isn't free to play, is it the Imp edtion, the attention it's getting over Wildstar, or that this game may takemore players WoW? I mean something is driving your anger what is it, maybe I can help, if not i'm sure someone here can recommend help of some sort.

As for site review haters like Massively's hate on this game has been uncovered, sometime during 2012 ESO gave an exclusive interview to another gaming site over them and this chic over at massiely got all butt hurt taking about how ESO is taking them for granted and from there this deep root hate for the game started, I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

Brother you've been around these parts long enough to know the answer to this question. :)  I'll just say that people have opinions about the game, both good and bad and since this is an open forum they have the opportunity to let their voice be heard.  I may disagree with an opinion and I know people disagree with mine.  Not worth worrying about really, this happens with every game that is generating hype on this website.  /shrug

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

If it wasn't for the most recent posts popping up on the front page, i don't think i'd ever post in any thread.

They just happen to be mostly TESO threads, which is to be expected.

• poyozopoyozo Member UncommonPosts: 33

@Notimeforbs

Except he didn't ask: "Why do people hate TESO so much?"

He asked: If you don't like the game, why are you posting on the forums?

The only answer to a stupid question like that is because this is a forum and that's what they are for.

Also you just put words in my mouth by saying: "He's just justifying his hate with non-sense." When my post says NOTHING about my opinion for the game.

You people with your 1st grade reading comprehension skills.

So to take a page from your book: This is what drives me up a wall.  It happens - All.  The.  Time.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

I don't get it, what's up with all the hate post and neg reviewers? I mean if you don't like the game then move on, don't post or follow the game, You don't see me over at the Wildstar forums posting crap why because I could care less about that game, I think it's nothing more then WoW clone with lazers, I will never go over and troll that forum just because i don't think the game is for me, I respect another persons willingness to play that game.

As of late all I been seeing coming out the wookwork are new accounts troll posting this game and angry people mad at who knows what, but I can tell you this and I am no doctor, you haters need to get your heads checked, what is wrong with you people, what mental illness do you suffer from that makes you want to just hate for the sake of hating?

Haters are you mad that this game isn't free to play, is it the Imp edtion, the attention it's getting over Wildstar, or that this game may takemore players WoW? I mean something is driving your anger what is it, maybe I can help, if not i'm sure someone here can recommend help of some sort.

As for site review haters like Massively's hate on this game has been uncovered, sometime during 2012 ESO gave an exclusive interview to another gaming site over them and this chic over at massiely got all butt hurt taking about how ESO is taking them for granted and from there this deep root hate for the game started, I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

Ironically you did what you said don't do in Path of Exile here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6088757#6088757

So any opinion but yours is hate.

I guess I did, but I was interested in the game and downloaded and played or tried to play, but after that I left the forums leaving people be, I did not bash the game with bull crap or outright troll the forums, I gave my reason and moved on.

The crap we see on the Elders Scroll forums is flat out trolling or neg reviews with prejudgment without knowing all the fact, and they keep coming back for more, that is my problem.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

To annoy you obviously. And the melee combat sucks. But I can travel to Morrowind. So there's that. 

• poyozopoyozo Member UncommonPosts: 33

I guess I did, but I was interested in the game and downloaded and played or tried to play, but after that I left the forums leaving people be, I did not bash the game with bull crap or outright troll the forums, I gave my reason and moved on.

The crap we see on the Elders Scroll forums is flat out trolling or neg reviews with prejudgment without knowing all the fact, and they keep coming back for more, that is my problem.

I have not seen anything but people expressing their valid opinions on a video game. The thing is you probably like the game very much and the way they are expressing their opinion offends you. Which is another thing entirely.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

It's because people suck... especially misanthropes.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    OP, if you like the game so much then why the F are you bothering to post here? O.o
  • PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by david31741
    Originally posted by laokoko

I don't think anyone even know if they like the game.  

The trend is everyone is a happy camper during beta, and a few month later, the critism comes in. 

If you think people are posting bad review now, just wait a few month.

Almost everyone I played with or met in beta said the same thing..... "I don't knwo why there are so many bad reviews out there - I #$@#$@# love this game".

Chat was always positive about the game when people were not asking for help or commenting on the bugged quests (which was valid and super annoying to have critical quests bugged)

Other than that there were thousands of people running around doing shit and having a blast -whether it was PvP, PvE or the crowded ass crafting areas.

I've notice this particular comment was avoided.... well, he's telling the truth, other than a few bug reports Zone chats and beta forums were fairly devoid of haters, and to those who say no one is trolling... yeah, they are, all up and down the ESO forums I can tell because they lie about the features in obvious ways, not opinions about the features but actual mechanics they just BS through, and a lot of the liars have just as many stars as I do.  Pretending they were in beta, meanwhile they are throwing out mechanics that never even existed old beta or new.

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by poyozo

@Notimeforbs

The only answer to a stupid question like that is because this is a forum and that's what they are for.

Also you just put words in my mouth by saying: "He's just justifying his hate with non-sense." When my post says NOTHING about my opinion for the game.

So to take a page from your book: This is what drives me up a wall.  It happens - All.  The.  Time.

He asked both, actually.  And since I read his entire post, I also understood that he devoted almost 3 paragraphs to the question: "Why do you hate TESO so much?" as opposed to a few sentences in the first paragraph that asked: "Why are you posting if you hate it?"

I suppose in some respect you are correct.  But... you are also incorrect.  Since Poyozo neglected to answer the question that more than half of the original post was concerned with, I think what happened is he read the first sentence, and then responded.  Which is often the case.

This is simply more evidence of one's inability to have a functional discussion.  You can't have a discussion unless you listen to the other person.  Poyozo failed to listen, and apparently, since you are defending him... so did you.

But since you want to play this game... let's do this:

OP:  "Why are you posting in this forum if you hate it so much?"

Poyozo: "Because forums are used for discussing opinions."

This still doesn't answer the question.  If the question was, "Why are you posting in this forum?" then I could see how Poyozo would have been accurate.  But... that wasn't the question asked.  Let me illustrate:

"Why do you work here if you hate it so much?"

"Because this job gives me money."

You can get a job anywhere.  They all pay money.  Why are you working HERE, if you hate it?  It's the same thing - you can post your hate anywhere.  Why do you do it here?

I have not seen anything but people expressing their valid opinions on a video game. The thing is you probably like the game very much and the way they are expressing their opinion offends you. Which is another thing entirely.

I just feel most people bash just to bash, they keep trolling for the sake of trolling for what ever reason, i leave my feedback or course thats what forums are for but to keep at it over and over again and then a flood of new account made for neg reviews with no real input is trolling, I love to hear why you dislike or like a game not "This game will fail" , the problem is most of the trolls did not even play and the ones that did I promise you they did not play past the level 5, if they tell you they did they are lying.

I cought some of the reviews flat out telling lies , that is what pisses me of, like whats the reason, are they getting paid to trashed the game because then i would understand, or are thee new accounts from other game Dev trying to discredit the game in fear it might do there game damage? who knows.

I played for a bit and also watched many reviews and I find it funny that most of the neg reviews are telling flat out lies lol, I played the dam game i know so this only proves to me that they are just pushing neg reviews to get AD money  from youtube, those A-holes can't be trusted and most come with a cult following that will lick the ground  they walk on and I fear those followers that never played the game come posting neg shit that they heard from Joe Smow from the internetz and again flat out lie as they played it themselves.

Check my older post on this game, at first I was a bit worried and wasnt sure if I was going to buy or like it for that matter until I played it and put in my hours into it, my views changed, over time but in no way did I say this game will fail or sucks because I did not have all the facts so I kept my mouth shut until I had the facts to give my opinion

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Karteli

Bad experience really.

Also when viewing "recent" threads, you are advertising that this game is not up to snuff (by the title alone), so you'll get attention there.  I think most people check MMORPG'com by checking out the "Recent" clicky.

That's my analysis as to why people who don't like the game, still post.  It's a hot topic!  and a bad game is definitely worth commenting on!

Hell though, I own a mint boxed copy of Superman 64, so anything is possible..  I find value in stuff others don't.... ESO needs to be crappier to be collectible though .. it's only average / below average :-(   Not good for collectors :(

Well that just means we can get our collectors edition cheaper sealed in a few months , so yay us :) or me should I say :)

Well I am annoyed that they are selling the Imperial blah di blah di blah for "a few dollars more" so yeah it's a bad turn of events for the mmorpg scene as it where. So we sometimes feel strongly about these things.

Anyway I hope the game does well and it will be a cool alternative to a sci-fi MMO so yeah go for it people.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688

I cought some of the reviews flat out telling lies , that is what pisses me of, like whats the reason, are they getting paid to trashed the game because then i would understand, or are thee new accounts from other game Dev trying to discredit the game in fear it might do there game damage? who knows.

I played for a bit and also watched many reviews and I find it funny that most of the neg reviews are telling flat out lies lol, I played the dam game i know so this only proves to me that they are just pushing neg reviews to get AD money  from youtube, those A-holes can't be trusted and most come with a cult following that will lick the ground  they walk on and I fear those followers that never played the game come posting neg shit that they heard from Joe Smow from the internetz and again flat out lie as they played it themselves.

Most of the 'reviews' you are referring to are actually labeled as previews or first impressions, and the majority of them also made it clear what level they reached and included in game footage to boot.

The beta's weren't exactly hard to get into, and my personal experience falls inline with the not so positive 'previews' out there.

So what lie's did you catch them telling exactly?

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Notimeforbs

@Notimeforbs

He asked both, actually.  And since I read his entire post, I also understood that he devoted almost 3 paragraphs to the question: "Why do you hate TESO so much?" as opposed to a few sentences in the first paragraph that asked: "Why are you posting if you hate it?"

I suppose in some respect you are correct.  But... you are also incorrect.  Since Poyozo neglected to answer the question that more than half of the original post was concerned with, I think what happened is he read the first sentence, and then responded.  Which is often the case.

This is simply more evidence of one's inability to have a functional discussion.  You can't have a discussion unless you listen to the other person.  Poyozo failed to listen, and apparently, since you are defending him... so did you.

This still doesn't answer the question.  If the question was, "Why are you posting in this forum?" then I could see how Poyozo would have been accurate.  But... that wasn't the question asked.  Let me illustrate:

You can get a job anywhere.  They all pay money.  Why are you working HERE, if you hate it?  It's the same thing - you can post your hate anywhere.  Why do you do it here?

It's not a horrible game.  But it's not a great game either.  Beta speaks!  Everyone values your opinions I'm sure, but let it go.

PVE'ers are bored with the format they knew for the past 10 years.  PVP'ers are pissy that it's just another clone for a popular game already known with 3 factions.

Listen to the people around you.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

LOL,I post because I can.

A bit of a hobby of mine, as you can tell. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    OP, if you like the game so much then why the F are you bothering to post here? O.o

Ahhh because this is The Elders Scroll forum?

And I dont deal with any other mmo websites because most other websites are paid whores that are bias feedback to the highest bidder?

The question is if you dislike the game why the F are you posting here, I mean if you don't like something but still feel the need to be around it them, you are

A. a stalker/creep

B. a trouble making troll

C. A Keyboard Warrior that likes fights but hides behind the safty of his computer.

D. All of the above.

If you want to leave feed back to tell us why you dislike a game that is fine but tell us why, not "This game will fail" and stick around to debate others that do like the game, you want to debate, check out Createdebate.com I debate there all the time under the name Warjin, oh and it gets bloody over there everything from politics to religion, this site is for MMO games not debates.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Robokapp

I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

the forums are more entertaining than the game - which says a lot about the game.

That's what's up.

its an mmo WITHOUT ACTION BARS, too

i have heard rumours, that satan has taken personal control over the project, to ensure the destruction

of mankind

can anyone confirm this??

Originally posted by BadOrb

Bad experience really.

Also when viewing "recent" threads, you are advertising that this game is not up to snuff (by the title alone), so you'll get attention there.  I think most people check MMORPG'com by checking out the "Recent" clicky.

That's my analysis as to why people who don't like the game, still post.  It's a hot topic!  and a bad game is definitely worth commenting on!

Hell though, I own a mint boxed copy of Superman 64, so anything is possible..  I find value in stuff others don't.... ESO needs to be crappier to be collectible though .. it's only average / below average :-(   Not good for collectors :(

Well that just means we can get our collectors edition cheaper sealed in a few months , so yay us :) or me should I say :)

Well I am annoyed that they are selling the Imperial blah di blah di blah for "a few dollars more" so yeah it's a bad turn of events for the mmorpg scene as it where. So we sometimes feel strongly about these things.

Anyway I hope the game does well and it will be a cool alternative to a sci-fi MMO so yeah go for it people.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Any conversation is never complete without BadOrb!

Even if we disagree, I can't dispute a fellow SW fan.

/peace

• david31741david31741 Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by simplius
    Originally posted by Robokapp

I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

the forums are more entertaining than the game - which says a lot about the game.

That's what's up.

its an mmo WITHOUT ACTION BARS, too

i have heard rumours, that satan has taken personal control over the project, to ensure the destruction

of mankind

can anyone confirm this??

Confirmed

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346

@Notimeforbs

It's not a horrible game.  But it's not a great game either.  Beta speaks!  Everyone values your opinions I'm sure, but let it go.

PVE'ers are bored with the format they knew for the past 10 years.  PVP'ers are pissy that it's just another clone for a popular game already known with 3 factions.

So.. okay... let me get this straight:

PvEer's are bored because they've done this before for the past 10 years.  Okay... they've done what, exactly?  Quest?  They've been questing since Donkey Kong.  Craft?  They've been crafting since X-Com.  Level up?  They've been doing that since Zelda.

PvPer's are pissy because it's a clone of DAoC faction PvP?  Haven't they been screaming for the past 10 years about how DAoC had the best PvP ever and all any dev needs to do is just recreate that?  And so when someone finally does... they're pissy about it?

This doesn't make any sense, man.  Maybe that's how they feel... and if so... man... there's no hope.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Elder scrolls online is one of the most beloved series.

People that loved to play es started seeing signs of failure in eso and then  started to hate.

On the other side wildstar was never an ip and besides there is that huge ncsoft logo near it so the outcome is clear

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

@Notimeforbs

It's kinda funny, I agree with you about how people are very unreasonable and make no sense. I get frustrated with people as well.

But you seem to be one of these same people.

OP: If you don't like the game why you post on forum?

That is a pretty accurate answer if you ask me. A person doesn't really need to state a reason to want to discuss a topic even if they hate said topic. The fact they hate the topic could be the reason they want to talk about it. Pretty darn normal if you ask me. A forum is meant for discussing, so I imagine discussions will take place.

The issue is now you realize you said something as unreasonable as the people you claim to hate, and now you are trying to cover yourself with excuses. Frankly .. you should be embarrassed lol.

@Thread

Can you imagine if people asked that question every time you tried discussing something with them? 

Frankly asking why people discuss things they hate is pretty stupid, because any person who is able to think coherently could probably easily think of a few reasons.

Even worse is when posters trying and give the reasons for other people. Like, saying they are haters and they really like the game. You know, cause that totally makes so much sense, and you know how to read minds and you know more about the poster then the poster knows them self. 

People also, fail to understand the concept of an opinion. You can state why you disagree, but you can't tell someone they are wrong. -.-

Edit: Jeez .. some how I screwed this post up, it's missing some things I said XD ... eh whatever .. good enough.

Originally posted by osc8r

Most of the 'reviews' you are referring to are actually labeled as previews or first impressions, and the majority of them also made it clear what level they reached and included in game footage to boot.

The beta's weren't exactly hard to get into, and my personal experience falls inline with the not so positive 'previews' out there.

So what lie's did you catch them telling exactly?

Sure i'll tell you a few that I heard off the top of my head that i know are lies.

1. lack of action buttons. lies, if they played they would know the game later on will give you 18 abilties.

2. Lack of exploration, lies, the game open up like a 2 dollar hooker when you get off the starter 2 islands and there are many hidden things to find in the world from Dung to extra quest, chest and so on, more then any other mmo game to date that i saw.

3. Lack the Elder scroll feel, well this one can be more of a opinion but I think it does.

4.Combat if floaty, lies, at least not the class i was playing, maybe it was in earlier betas i dont know but i can tell you the combat id not floatly anymore, my hits connect with impact and the enemy shows the effect of the damage from my attacks, they move when i hit them, and I see blood.

5. The game is tab targeting ,lies, the game is free form targeting with soft locking, you can dodge or move away from a attacks unlike tab targeting games.

6. No roles, lies, You can become a healer tank or dps.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    To protect the uninformed from the fanboy hype most likely.

@Notimeforbs

So.. okay... let me get this straight:

PvEer's are bored because they've done this before for the past 10 years.  Okay... they've done what, exactly?  Quest?  They've been questing since Donkey Kong.  Craft?  They've been crafting since X-Com.  Level up?  They've been doing that since Zelda.

PvPer's are pissy because it's a clone of DAoC faction PvP?  Haven't they been screaming for the past 10 years about how DAoC had the best PvP ever and all any dev needs to do is just recreate that?  And so when someone finally does... they're pissy about it?

This doesn't make any sense, man.  Maybe that's how they feel... and if so... man... there's no hope.

GW2 all over again?  Finally does 3 factions?  Pointless PVP?  What?

Comparing this to DAoC / CU is wrong.  Very wrong.

This discussion has been closed.