Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you don't like the is game why are you posting on the ESO forums?

WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

I don't get it, what's up with all the hate post and neg reviewers? I mean if you don't like the game then move on, don't post or follow the game, You don't see me over at the Wildstar forums posting crap why because I could care less about that game, I think it's nothing more then WoW clone with lazers, I will never go over and troll that forum just because i don't think the game is for me, I respect another persons willingness to play that game.

As of late all I been seeing coming out the wookwork are new accounts troll posting this game and angry people mad at who knows what, but I can tell you this and I am no doctor, you haters need to get your heads checked, what is wrong with you people, what mental illness do you suffer from that makes you want to just hate for the sake of hating?

Haters are you mad that this game isn't free to play, is it the Imp edtion, the attention it's getting over Wildstar, or that this game may takemore players WoW? I mean something is driving your anger what is it, maybe I can help, if not i'm sure someone here can recommend help of some sort.

As for site review haters like Massively's hate on this game has been uncovered, sometime during 2012 ESO gave an exclusive interview to another gaming site over them and this chic over at massiely got all butt hurt taking about how ESO is taking them for granted and from there this deep root hate for the game started, I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

Comments

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Warjin

I don't get it, what's up with all the hate post and neg reviewers? I mean if you don't like the game then move on, don't post or follow the game, You don't see me over at the Wildstar forums posting crap why because I could care less about that game, I think it's nothing more then WoW clone with lazers, I will never go over and troll that forum just because i don't think the game is for me, I respect another persons willingness to play that game.

As of late all I been seeing coming out the wookwork are new accounts troll posting this game and angry people mad at who knows what, but I can tell you this and I am no doctor, you haters need to get your heads checked, what is wrong with you people, what mental illness do you suffer from that makes you want to just hate for the sake of hating?

Haters are you mad that this game isn't free to play, is it the Imp edtion, the attention it's getting over Wildstar, or that this game may takemore players WoW? I mean something is driving your anger what is it, maybe I can help, if not i'm sure someone here can recommend help of some sort.

As for site review haters like Massively's hate on this game has been uncovered, sometime during 2012 ESO gave an exclusive interview to another gaming site over them and this chic over at massiely got all butt hurt taking about how ESO is taking them for granted and from there this deep root hate for the game started, I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

It's the usual butt hurt vocal minority ,,,same folks for  every game ,they prefer doom and sorrow and posting on the forums then actually playing any game .

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I like enough about the game to have pre-ordered it. 

That doesn't mean that i'm a dumb blind sheep that doesn't see some of the glaring problems in it or that i will pretend like it's the holy grail of gaming just to try and sucker in other players so i don't feel lonely.

This is a discussion board, i'm here to share my opinions - be they positive or negative - of the game.  

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

I don't think anyone even know if they like the game.  

The trend is everyone is a happy camper during beta, and a few month later, the critism comes in. 

If you think people are posting bad review now, just wait a few month.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by arieste
    I like enough about the game to have pre-ordered it.  That doesn't mean that i'm a dumb blind sheep that doesn't see some of the glaring problems in it or that i will pretend like it's the holy grail of gaming just to try and sucker in other players so i don't feel lonely. This is a discussion board, i'm here to share my opinions - be they positive or negative - of the game.  

yes but there are a lot of posters that clearly do not like the game and come here daily just to hate on it for whatever reason.

this is nothing new however, it just means that ESO is a very popular mmo.

• david31741david31741 Member Posts: 36

I've come to the conclusion that it is they can't/won't play because it is $60 and a subscription fee.

They want to play it - but can't or wont unless it's F2P.  Thus, they just talk it down hoping to create that reality....

I think there are two camps of gamers playing "MMO's" these days.  Traditional MMOers who play 1 game and play it for years and another that plays a game for a month then moves on to the next or play 5 different games at once.

The later is your F2P camp and they really want to play the "newness" experience one time through.

nothing wrong with either style - it's just that a game typically can't be both/ everything to everyone.

• FIXTHECAMERAFIXTHECAMERA Member Posts: 55

If you don't like the haters for this game then why are you posting about them on the ESO forums?

I'm sorry what's that? Because you have a strong opinion about it and feel like you should voice it on a public forum where people discuss the good and bad of things?

Well you should just move on, because that's a ridiculous excuse, but yes I do agree with you, people should not voice their opinion on games and features they don't like, then developers can continue making games people don't like because everyone who dislikes a game just moves on instead of speaking their mind.

I agree right? Some people must have a mental illness or something.

• LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184

I want to like the game, but it has issues. 

These forums are place to find out if the features in the game are going to interest you, or turn you off. 

Some people care about combat animations and how the character stands on a slope.

Some people care about the UI and if there will be combat logs and other forms of feedback for theorycrafting.

Some people want to know if the classes are balanced and how the PvP feels.

Some people want to know if the game sold out to console crowd and has a poor mouse and keyboard menu driven interface.

Some of these I could care less about, and some are deal breakers.  How else to find out about them unless you get opinions from other like minded gamers?

Originally posted by laokoko

The trend is everyone is a happy camper during beta, and a few month later, the critism comes in. 

Almost everyone I played with or met in beta said the same thing..... "I don't knwo why there are so many bad reviews out there - I #$@#$@# love this game".

Chat was always positive about the game when people were not asking for help or commenting on the bugged quests (which was valid and super annoying to have critical quests bugged)

Other than that there were thousands of people running around doing shit and having a blast -whether it was PvP, PvE or the crowded ass crafting areas.

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346

People have opinions.  They have, at least to their reasoning, justifications for those opinions.  They want to share them.  Other people either agree, or they are confused how anyone could have such trouble with their reasoning abilities.

I've played a lot of games and have heard people say a bunch of crap about all of them.  I almost always think people are down-right stupid with their ability to reason, even if I agree with whatever their base opinion might be.  What irks me is not that people have opinions - it's that their reasons make zero sense.  You can't like the color blue because apples taste like chair.  I mean, sure - you can like the color blue all you want.  I don't have a problem.  But to like it because apples taste like chair makes no friggin' sense.  And even when you ask them how that has anything to do with liking the color blue, they either call you stupid, or their explanation doesn't even make sense.  All I want is a coherent explanation for your experience.... and I rarely get that.

This is the base of 95% of arguments that I get into on the internet.  And it always stems from someone nit-picking about some superfluous thing that hardly matters.  It blows my lid every single time.  And I don't even know why, except that the amount of ignorance being offered compromises my ability to put faith in the fact that 1 + 1 always equals 2, because it makes sense.  This usually boils down to me receiving a temporary ban or something.  Not because I actually did something wrong, but because their inability to have a functional conversation with normal, reasonable communication expectations hurts their feelings, and my frustration with their lack of expression drives me up a wall.

People hate for only a few things in life: witnessing an injustice toward their philosophy, having their offering rejected, out of fear of being different, and being enlightened in such a way that renders their philosophy or offering wrong.

I think the hate comes from the idea that TESO goes against a lot of MMO conventions that they have accepted, and the possibility that they might be wrong about what can be considered good... which sucks for them.  At it's core... there really is no other reason why people are hating this game so much, other than they don't want to go against the popular opinion.  And when they try and express this, people who disagree with their outlook (their philosophy) reject their offering of justification for one reason or another - which makes their hate grow.

Just let these people dwell within their cave of hate.  You aren't going to change them.  You aren't going to win an argument against them.  What's more... you'll probably end up being the one who is somehow punished for doing the only correct thing - like I usually am.  All you can really do is wait.  We all know these haters are going to play the game.  We all know that because of these haters who go into it not wanting to like it, won't like it no matter what.  We all know that when their free month is up... they'll be gone.  And then... we won't have to deal with them any more - unless the game ends up being the next big thing.  And then they'll never stop hating.  Because the game will be a living testament that they are wrong.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

It will still be the same folks making the same posts in a few months ....once butt hurt always butt hurt

Originally posted by david31741

I've come to the conclusion that it is they can't/won't play because it is $60 and a subscription fee.

That is exactly right for me.

Which comes to the problem, I don't mind paying 60$ + sub fee if I'm going to play it for years.

But it bothers me if I pay 60$ play 1 or 2 month and quit the game.  

How do you even know you going to play more than 2 month.  Base on past history, most people just play 2 month and quit anyway.  That's why people become more cautious.  I can't count how many mmorpg I bought in the past 5 years and quit after 2 month.

• rguilbertrguilbert Member Posts: 107

The forums are a place to discuss games.  There isn't much to discuss when everyone is in complete agreement. 

Some people truly dislike a game, and perhaps want to influence future games.  Some want to improve a game by eliminating or changing those aspects that they don't like.  Both involve criticism.  I know that complaining about games has little chance to impact the games themselves, but it sometimes works.  Take the race lock thing...Many complained about it for so long and so strongly that it eventually went away.  If this doesn't make sense to you, then imagine getting your way:

Topic - "I think this game is perfect"

Post 1 "me too"

Post 2 "me too"

Post 3 "me too:

Post 4 "I hope they never change it"

Post 5 "OMG me too!"

and so on would be pretty boring and completely pointless.

Originally posted by Bad.dog

It will still be the same folks making the same posts in a few months ....once butt hurt always butt hurt

I don't know.  Those people are bashing me for saying anything remotely negative about GW2 during beta.  Weird thing is they are bashing GW2 now and I'm still playing GW2.

The truth is you may think you like the game now because you barely know anything about the game now.  But in a couple of month, that's where the truth is.

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688

I had some negative experiences in ESO, however i only experienced a small portion of the game so i came here to see what other people thought of it - in particular the area's i didn't get to experience. Obviously i want to hear both GOOD and BAD experiences. If this forum was just full of fanboy's who do nothing but sit around in complete agreeance that the game is the second coming... and which has no flaws, what good would that do anyone?

Welcome the discussion forums, where people often have different opinions than you.

• poyozopoyozo Member UncommonPosts: 33

Because this is a forum?

Seriously, have you not ever been to a video game forum? This is what they are for, discussing opinions and whatnot.

I think you are the one who should not be here.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Bad experience really.

Also when viewing "recent" threads, you are advertising that this game is not up to snuff (by the title alone), so you'll get attention there.  I think most people check MMORPG'com by checking out the "Recent" clicky.

That's my analysis as to why people who don't like the game, still post.  It's a hot topic!  and a bad game is definitely worth commenting on!

Hell though, I own a mint boxed copy of Superman 64, so anything is possible..  I find value in stuff others don't.... ESO needs to be crappier to be collectible though .. it's only average / below average :-(   Not good for collectors :(

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

A lot of people are drawn in from the 'most recent posts' list on the front page (like myself).

Regardless, if you can't handle peoples opinions, then maybe you shouldn't be on a forum where people like to voice their personal thoughts. The butt hurt goes both ways. Why do you care if people don't like the game? If the game is 'Sooooo' amazing like most of you are going on about, then you have nothing to worry about.

Originally posted by david31741

That is exactly right for me.

Which comes to the problem, I don't mind paying 60$ + sub fee if I'm going to play it for years.

But it bothers me if I pay 60$ play 1 or 2 month and quit the game.  

How do you even know you going to play more than 2 month.  Base on past history, most people just play 2 month and quit anyway.  That's why people become more cautious.  I can't count how many mmorpg I bought in the past 5 years and quit after 2 month.

It's totally valid reasoning man and I don't  blame anyone for feeling that way.

My opinion is that they are trying to create a community vibe and it is vital that they do for the RvR / model they are going for. 

Best advice is for everyone on the fence to wait for the release and see if what they are hearing fits their style.

The interesting thing to me is... most people who have pre-ordered and are all gung-ho - that I have spoke with - wouldn't touch this game if it were F2P.

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by poyozo

Because this is a forum?

Seriously, have you not ever been to a video game forum? This is what they are for, discussing opinions and whatnot.

I'll give you guys a prime example of what I hate about discussions on the internet.  I'm going to illustrate for you exactly the kind of non-sense I am talking about when I say you can't win with these people.

OP: "Why do people hate TESO so much?"

Poyozo: "Because this is a forum?"

I realize that Poyozo thinks he is answering the question... but he isn't.  He's just justifying his hate with non-sense.

This discussion taking place on a forum has absolutely nothing to do with why people hate this game so much.  And the fact that you think it does - blows my mind.  It's a completely irrelevant observation.  Yeah... we know... it's a forum.  But why do people hate the game?  Yeah yeah... I know what forums are for - they're used for discussing opinions.  BUT WHY DO PEOPLE HATE TESO!?

You can't argue with them, because they are not making sense.  Arguments require reason and logic.  The answer to the OP's question that Poyozo provided has zero reason and logic toward the topic.  He is OFF-topic... and thus cannot function within the parameters of the discussion.

This is what drives me up a wall.  It happens - All.  The.  Time.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Warjin

Ironically you did what you said don't do in Path of Exile here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6088757#6088757

So any opinion but yours is hate.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

I would hazard a guess they are posting for similiar reasons why, for instance, I posted my "FFARR from perfect" thread before Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn launched. I am an avid FF fan  despite having no interest in the game after giving it 12 hours of time in beta. I wanted to voice my concerns about the game. I think people should embrace the so-called haters...sometimes they make very valid points!

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by Notimeforbs
    Originally posted by poyozo

Because this is a forum?

I'll give you guys a prime example of what I hate about discussions on the internet.  I'm going to illustrate for you exactly the kind of non-sense I am talking about when I say you can't win with these people.

OP: "Why do people hate TESO so much?"

Poyozo: "Because this is a forum?"

I realize that Poyozo thinks he is answering the question... but he isn't.  He's just justifying his hate with non-sense.

This discussion taking place on a forum has absolutely nothing to do with why people hate this game so much.  And the fact that you think it does - blows my mind.  It's a completely irrelevant observation.  Yeah... we know... it's a forum.  But why do people hate the game?  Yeah yeah... I know what forums are for - they're used for discussing opinions.  BUT WHY DO PEOPLE HATE TESO!?

You can't argue with them, because they are not making sense.  Arguments require reason and logic.  The answer to the OP's question that Poyozo provided has zero reason and logic toward the topic.  He is OFF-topic... and thus cannot function within the parameters of the discussion.

This is what drives me up a wall.  It happens - All.  The.  Time.

Well put sir...well put.

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by Lucrecia

I would hazard a guess they are posting for similiar reasons why, for instance, I posted my "FFARR from perfect" thread before Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn launched. I am an avid FF fan  despite having no interest in the game after giving it 12 hours of time in beta. I wanted to voice my concerns about the game. I think people should embrace the so-called haters...sometimes they make very valid points!

Ahh but you , sir ,put 12 hours into the game, where as many people have simply stated that they played for 20 minutes and decided it was crap.

Your opinion I would value more than theirs because of that.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    This is pretty hilarious since the OP engaged in the activity he is complaining about for POE. Why did you do it then?

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• darkwarhammedarkwarhamme Member UncommonPosts: 55

People love drama and controversy. Also the need to be a "white knight" and save others from making a bad (subjective) decision can drive them. Others are just trolls trying to get a rise out of people.

Some have very valid observations that are well written and helpful...but those get buried among the nit picking. Though most think, and will claim, that they are trying to be helpful...

This discussion has been closed.