Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• SolineusSolineus Member UncommonPosts: 7
    My favorite memory of XIV is when we first started Coil of Bahamut. It was really fun having friendly competition between all our FC's raid groups.
  • JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

my fav moment... is probably the FF VII game as a whole. Back then it was really something else compared to just about every other game.

Not much to do with this one though, but many years later its still one of my fav games ever, together with Fallout 2 and Planescape :-)

• NachtogenNachtogen Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Ye i like a drop also :)
  • skiter90skiter90 Member CommonPosts: 1
    My favorite is the beautiful graphics and the in game emotes that make your character come alive!
  • ZenecaBladeZenecaBlade Member Posts: 1
    Fighting Titan in FFXIV has been my best moment so far. It has also been the most frustrating. We died so many times. Every time we thought we had done it someone would get knocked off the platform. We all had a massive sense of achievement when we finally defeated him. We truly lived that fight from start to finish.
  • GyffesGyffes Member UncommonPosts: 1
    When Alexander was summoned in FF IX, was my first FF on the Playstation and still a favorite
  • MagericMageric Member UncommonPosts: 19
    My favorite Final Fantasy moments were in Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy Tactics. I used to have save points for all my favorite CG interludes, which was kind of new at the time, in FF 7. In Tactics, I loved leveling and combining classes to make new ones.

• dragoon670dragoon670 Member Posts: 4
    I had been a member of the original FFXIV - as anyone will say, there was alot wrong with the game, but a couple months in, the absolute best moment was when I first stepped on an airship and watched the large, ponderous ship drift out of the dock in Gridania and fly to Limsa.
  • RahakielRahakiel Member CommonPosts: 1
    My best moment was when i received the pre-ordered collectors edition way back before it was a realm reborn. Been here since the start  with FF:XIV, and plan to stay till the end.
  • Big-CronkBig-Cronk Member Posts: 61

I created a character, a mighty Roegadyn Seawolf Maurader, He was only the beginning, the first step on a journey through Eorzea. Upon awakening from a powerful premonition I was greeted by a colorful roguish looking merchant. We chatted for a time, I told him of my quest for power and fame, he told me that there were more than enough  opportunities in Limsa Lominsa for one such as myself. That's when the pirates struck us, they were closing in fast, cannons wailing and cries unforgiving. My new friend was knocked from his feet when a cannonball nearly struck our ship. The deckhands were running frantic to their stations, hurriedly shuffling passengers below deck. A voice called to us, telling us to get below deck until we were in less troubled waters, we spared no time doing just that. I imagine the pirates chased us for awhile from the sounds outside the ship. Just then a grizzled sailor entered the room "Ye can rest easy friends, We've made it out o' cannon range, an no buccaneer's bark'll catch this flighty temptress once the winds in her sails.". I smiled, I was off to limsa lominsa once again to start my journey to greatness.

This is why I love final fantasy. Its the story, the feeling of immersion I get when I become a part of a new world. I have loved the series from the beginning. The good, the bad, and the ugly of it all. But my favorite moment in any of the games is the very first moments you step into the game.

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306
    By far the most emotionally moving moment I've ever had playing video games is when <spoiler alert> Sephiroth plunges through the ceiling to impale Aeris in FF7 ... never be the same ever again.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• WontoonRooWontoonRoo Member UncommonPosts: 22
    My proudest moment in Final Fantasy XIV was healing through one of the craziest boss fights that the tank made in Copperbell Mines. Every Spriggan aggroed me because the tank wasn't holding hate, and I wound up tanking the entirety of it as a healer. Yes, even Kottos was attacking me as well! It was amazing that I even survived that, as near the end I was almost out of MP! Surviving that has to be one of my proudest moments.
  • d0gz1llad0gz1lla Member UncommonPosts: 77
    For me crafting was the best thing.

R.I.P my dear MOTHER (1965-2004)

• TimriXTimriX Member UncommonPosts: 4
    When i created my first character and entered the world of a realm reborn. :)
  • Zolonega92Zolonega92 Member Posts: 1

Final fantasy VIII, I cried when Rinoa found Squall after beating Artemisia, after all that hardship they finally managed to get toghether, the story i liked the most, really!

Also when on Final Fantasy XIII Lightning says "We fight to make the impossible possible, that is our focus!"

I really love Final Fantasy games, full of passion and feelings, it's impossible to not get involved in the story, that's what i like of your work!

• malejkubamalejkuba Member Posts: 1
    Best experience in ff xiv is the free combat and console like feeling even on PC!
  • TribalJakeTribalJake Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Finally getting to Dragoon and looking at their end game gear. <3
  • tellmewhy1tellmewhy1 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I have never played a Final Fantasy game even though lately I hear someone calling my name in my dreams. I dream of a large crystal, bright in space and a voice telling me to seek out the Coachman of Wildwood. One day perhaps I will saddle my father's Chocobo and seek out the source of this strange voice and find the Wildwood.
  • ArydinArydin Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Copperbell Hardmode, running with a completely fresh group who didn't know the instance. Figured out the run by ourselves and beat the first 2 bosses before failing on the 3rd. Be we learned the mechanics!
  • Zero2222Zero2222 Member Posts: 2
    I've never played FF XIV, but my favorite moment in a Final Fantasy Series was slaying Jenova in FFVII.

Zero

• HinoHino Member UncommonPosts: 11
    My favorite experience would have to be the first time I encountered Titan. At that point in the game you really feel like you understand your class and can take on just about anything, you couldn't be more wrong haha. Titan was a serious wake up call for my entire group. His constant damage and incredible knock backs really "throw" your party for a loop( haha get it?)  I am a paladin tank and let me tell you I never felt more squishy than when I fought Titan. Hands down that would be my favorite experience. 
  • balasanbalasan Member UncommonPosts: 4
    When i finally finished all the chocobo maps in FF9....
  • SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    From 1.0, it would be completing the storyline and thinking you saved the world. From 2.0, it's definitely seeing my character return to the new world around him, and then at the end, seeing everyone finally remember him after saving the world for a second time.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• Hope i win !!!!!!
  • GamerDude5GamerDude5 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    My best experience I have to say would be  just being able to explore and having so many different opportunities for progression.
This discussion has been closed.