Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The One EVE Post to End Them ALL!

2»

Comments

• jaidenjaiden Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by [E-R]Fenris
    Originally posted by jaiden
    I found Eve-online to be the most boring mmorpg ive tried playing so far. Yes they did a wonderful job on the graphics, but drooling isnt what I was paying for. I love how they try to boast that they have 20000 players on one server at one time! woohoo! now that you have nearly 5000 star systems I might meet a possible 4 per system, ok cool, now how big is the sector, so large that if you manage to find another player god help you, grab ahold of them and dont let go, you wont be seeing anyone else for a week.
    This game is not a bad game, but it does have some majopr issues... perhaps cutting the solar system count to only 2500 might up player interaction and a voice acted tutorial would help keep noobie players from going mental. a good example of this would be the older Earth and Beyond tutorial which was actually damn good for lack of better words.
    One of the other problems eve-online has is that no true skill is involved in the game, all you really need to do to advance is set a skill going and come back 2 weeks later without having done a damn thing. Perhaps they might want to change this by adding in some kind of experience system which would make eve a hell of alot better.
    K, if it takes u a week to find another player then u dont know how to use the map m8image.The Eve playerbase isnt spread across the whole game, most people by far live in secure space, normally close to central trade hub systems where they can buy what they need whenever they need it.If you're not in secure space, you dont want to run into strangers anywaysimage
    I'm guessing you were training up for industry as this could only be remotely true about that.As for combat, if you dont know what you are doing your skillpoints wont be of much use, new players have often taken on and beaten older ones simply because they had a better idea as to what they were gonna do and how to do it.Sp is only one factor in combat(pvp and pve), even after fitting the ship properly you always have to keep an eye on your surroundings, make sure ure not too far or close to the enemy so that your weapons wont hit properly, keep an eye on your capacitor to make sure you dont run out of power(or else your guns etc. will turn off) and so on.
    I can understand that you didn't like the game and all, it doesnt really apeal to everyone, but yourcomments are really without any real knowlege about how the game works.
    As for getting out of the ship, i remember a dev interview or blog a few months back where the devs said that they had considered making it possible to get out of the ship but decided to scrap it since they felt that if you can get out of your ship should still be able to kill someone but that would be a different game alltogether.
    (wouldnt mind stabbing a miner in a bar thoimage)

I never said I didn't like the game, I said it needed some improvement. I played EVE for about 6 months I know the system, I know how Eve-Online runs, and hell with the new things happening at EVE i'm considering giving them another chance. Keeping an eye on your capacitor does not invlove skill my friend it invloves eyes. Eve is a simple click and watch game with some nice visuals and a fairly strong userbase. Is that not a fair assesment?

Online Games that involve skill would be for example:
    SWG (during space combat)
    Vendetta-Online (Twich style) *yes lacks content blah blah, stop screaming at a group of four devs trying to do the work of 40*
    Planetside(FPS)
    World of Warcraft

To name just a few.

MMORPG's ive played
    Earth and Beyond: shut down *tear*
    Jaiden TE lvl 150 +++
    Chikira JE lvl 128
    *World of Warcraft: current
    Tarion lvl 60 hunter
    Anorus lvl 22 Warrior
    *Vendetta-Online: inactive
    Kioal Darkblade 8/8/5/10/9 Overall lvl 40
    "in-development open beta"

• [E-R]Fenris[E-R]Fenris Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by jaiden

I never said I didn't like the game, I said it needed some improvement. I played EVE for about 6 months I know the system, I know how Eve-Online runs, and hell with the new things happening at EVE i'm considering giving them another chance. Keeping an eye on your capacitor does not invlove skill my friend it invloves eyes. Eve is a simple click and watch game with some nice visuals and a fairly strong userbase. Is that not a fair assesment?
    Online Games that involve skill would be for example:
    SWG (during space combat)
    Vendetta-Online (Twich style) *yes lacks content blah blah, stop screaming at a group of four devs trying to do the work of 40*
    Planetside(FPS)
    World of Warcraft
    To name just a few.

The general management of your ship during combat(pvp anyways) does takes alot of skills and knowlege, one mistake or oversight can get you killed in a heartbeat(frigates in paticular).

I've been playing Eve for over 2 years now, for the first few months i wasnt really playing, all i did was mining or npc hunting which are the least challenging things i have ever done in any game(and most boring) but, once i got into the right corp and started fighting people more actively the game completely changed for me.

Eve is a click and watch game if you get stuck in the industry or agent running side of it that doesnt require you to interact with other players, make split second decisions or have fun for that matter, tho I dont really consider that as playing the game the way it should be.
    Eve is what you make of it.

• Originally posted by MrPopov

Everyone, EVE is boring. Do not play.
    This short flash is representative of your entire gaming experience. linkage
    Go vote it a 1 and never look back. Thank You

Somebody has WAAAAAYYY TOOOO much free time!

BTW, intresting, well put together Flash!

Last BTW, glad you put the disclamer on the bottom, because the video is 100% not true - IF one joins a corporation. Makes it easier to learn the game, gives MORE choices on how to play.

Last, my comp has never ever randomly crashed while playing EvE.

ALL modern MMORPGs require 1 GIG memory. And GeForce 6 or eqivilant graphics card. Pent 4, or equivilant.

As a mmorpg ages, it gets more updates, more expansions, more tweaks, aka gets bigger = needs even more memory!

image image image image image image image image

-Personal Website (A Work still in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html

-AC, AC2, AO, EQ, Freelancer, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

-More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol

-More EQ, Dungeon Siege, *UXO*, Diablo II:Lords of Destruction:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

-EverQuest II, Horizons:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01

-EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

-DAoC
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives02

-Coming sooner or later... CoH, WoW, MXO, UO, GW, As3, RS

• CHAOS100CHAOS100 Member Posts: 8

Character skill is not everything in the game. The best SP character could be controlled by a new player and would lose. Eve is not a simple F1,F2,F3 "click here to win" game for pvp, you need tactics & experience to win. There are modules and ships that can counter others, so there is no unbeatable setup or ship in the game. Ship setups are endless with everything to choose from, although there are commonly used ones. There are roles for everyone in different skill point levels.

It is true that it takes a long time to do anything... but it is fun at the same time, and it pays off. Someone who loves constant arcade action with no patience will hate this game. This is mainly the reason that the game has a mature & helpful playerbase for the most part, and I would say that 75% of the players are over 20.

Yes industry is boring in the game IMO, but of course there are people that do it and like it. The game is just as extensive in industry as it is in PVP. The market is player driven, someone makes all the items you see on there. Eve is not very fun as a single player game, it is fun when you join a good corp(guild/squad/whatever).

I have played the game since April and it has only gotten more fun, mainly because of the corp and alliance that I am in.

• nothing2geinnothing2gein Member Posts: 176

Didn't care for EVE. I'm sure it has its fans but I'm not one of them.

• KaptainZergKaptainZerg Member Posts: 322

Originally posted by MrPopov
    Everyone, EVE is boring. Do not play.This short flash is representative of your entire gaming experience. linkageGo vote it a 1 and never look back. Thank You

MrPopov nailed it, there's nothing else to say. Great Flash movies, fucking hilarious! ::::28::

PS: Eve fanboys and girls Die Die Die. ::::40::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• BestiusBestius Member Posts: 52

The point of this post is obviously beyond human recognition.
    Therefore, the only logical solution is that this post is from...

The Twilight Zone!

And all discussion from this point on should be in italic.

Im not anti social, im just pro solitude!

• MrPopovMrPopov Member Posts: 217

Originally posted by pirrg
    hes being sarcastic you dummies..For the second time too if im not mistaken, but last time it was only Hadz that swallowed the idiot carrot.

Quoted for truth since it seems more and more have been taking bites from the idiot carrot.

• bonefixbonefix Member Posts: 1

Eve online in my opinion is one of the most immersive and well constructed MMOs available today.  I admit, that it attacts a more mature player with its high learning curve and player run economy.  But if you look at it from a distance, it has some major problems.  First and foremost is that everyone who plays an MMO wants to achieve the endgame (max level).  Isn't that the whole point of playing computer games in the first place?  The satisfaction of completion?  OK, so there is the element of building online friends etc. etc. but no one can deny the motivation of levelling up.  I've played several MMOs to the maximum level and its great.

This will NEVER happen to you in Eve Online.  In order to achieve Rank 5 status in EVERY skill in the game, it will take you 12.7 years!  The clever chaps at CCP have really got their subscription plans worked out.

• elvigyelvigy Member CommonPosts: 249

Not even getting into the debate over how good it is or isn't as a game, though I will say the post complaining about only 4 people per system is way simplifying it. Oursalaert usually had 300 or so, and the other high security areas not too far behind. Low sec space is sparsely populated though.

But to my main point-the videos were a scream. Freaking hilarious!

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

Originally posted by MrPopov

Originally posted by pirrg
    hes being sarcastic you dummies..

For the second time too if im not mistaken, but last time it was only Hadz that swallowed the idiot carrot.

Quoted for truth since it seems more and more have been taking bites from the idiot carrot.

Trying to sucker me back into the stupid and useless EVE is boring debate pirrg?

I'm sorry...but I trounced you last time...and calling me an idiot won't make you win this round either.  (If I remember your main responses to my posts were calling me names...so I suppose nothing has changed)

Why don't you just go PLAY EVE and stop poluting these forums for everyone else...or maybe EVE is just too CRAP to keep you occupied enough to stop you from Alt-Tabbing and posting stupid garbage on here.