Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just filled out the LONG ESO survey

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Questionnaires are meaningless.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    I wrote in 4 features I wanted: Multi-choice rewards for completed quests so it is a bit easier to stay on track with what you wanted to specialize in. Ability to help group mates on instance quests even when they were on the same part as you. More "clutter" to find and interact with. Optional toggle for communicating with those outside of your faction; both would require their toggle to be turned on in order to understand one another; both would have to be outside of PvP.
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Collision Detection in PvP only would be a nice compromise.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    I suggested more nocks and crannies to explore spread out around the world.  Maybe it's the 1-15 zones but I felt that compared to past TES games the world seems a bit barren.  There was a lack of random things not connected to anything like bandit caves, troll caves, or wizards doing evil in a old ruin.  
  • LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Lugors
    Additions I wanted were combat logs, a minimap, and FPS/latency readouts. If add ons can due this, even better.

BLEH!!  I would not want those it's so nice without them.  BUT, you will get them with addons so that's good news right?

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

I went for collision detection. Seems a lot of people would like to see it.

I criticized several things (weighted negatively):

- content too easy

- not enough crafting resources

- low mount speed

- atrocious quest stories

- exploration not worth it

...I only got to level 8 though.

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Inf666

Fundamental flaw in the survey - they never asked you mow much you played and how far you got.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Grouping. The phasing issue, being invisible or not being able to assist, just way to complex and confusing for groups. Not sure how they don't see that straight up. Get about 20 people in the office in a guild, have everyone start playing on their own and then start grouping up with one another to play togehter. BAM!
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

- content too easy

- low mount speed

Content does get a lot harder after 10.  So much so that I am afraid most of the beta feedback will be it's to hard.  I also fear them speeding up leveling as well as what they currently have feels paced a lot more like a TES game than a MMO.

I agree exploration needs more focus with things to find when you go out there looking.  I'm hoping that's just the lower level zones but it's hard to tell at this point.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

i think this was the first survey i actually completely filled out :D

i hope they let us in again soon ...

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by darker70
    Originally posted by bmw66
    Originally posted by darker70
    Originally posted by bmw66
    Originally posted by Satarious
    Looking forward to participating in the next Beta weekend! :)

Weird...........I never received my survey.

Same here was it an E-mail?

I assume its an email with a link to the survey.....its not like there UPS'ing them :)

Lol

Yeah I'm not that daft had nothing so it may have been a forum link or a in forum post but I'm having problems getting in it atm to check.

yes it was an e-mail sent to the account you registered with...    Also the forums are closed when beta's are not running.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by bahamud70

Why not simply ask whether is worth to buy the game and pay monthly 

70% would be,,No,,

In your pointless and clueless opinion you mean??

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by udon

- content too easy

- low mount speed

Content does get a lot harder after 10.  So much so that I am afraid most of the beta feedback will be it's to hard.  I also fear them speeding up leveling as well as what they currently have feels paced a lot more like a TES game than a MMO.

I agree exploration needs more focus with things to find when you go out there looking.  I'm hoping that's just the lower level zones but it's hard to tell at this point.

I really hope they do not speed up leveling and make it a race to end game.  This is one of the few MMOs where I really enjoyed the leveling experience and I would like that to last a very long time.  The last time I enjoyed leveling this much was FFXI.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

- content too easy

- low mount speed

There is no way to possibly add collision detection now. It is a basic part of the game engine. They might have to rewrite the game engine for it.

I criticized the game:

- for basically being on rails with NO chance for exploration.

-Glass walls everywhere I went to try and explore.

- No underwater swimming.

-Terrible animations for running, walking, fighting, etc.

-crafting system is inane

-mobs have too few models and they are terrible compared to the beautiful background

-Buildings being a separate zone - too many loading screens

-The barrels, tables, etc look 2D in a 3D game - poor artwork.

I had about 20-30 other points but these are the main ones.

• CalkrowCalkrow Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Originally posted by Elikal

- every player can rez fellow players for free

I believe this is already in the game, you need a filled soulgem to do it so perhaps that doesn't count under your 'for free' bit but I'd say it's close enough :-)

Forum Post count does not = Game Intelligence or Knowledge  it just shows how often people like to talk.
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Telondariel
    Originally posted by muthax
    Originally posted by reeereee

I wrote for removal of the first 10 levels of on-rails questing, or just being able to AvAvA at lvl 2 after character creation.

That's the biggest hurdle IMO.

Same thing I sighted and same issue.  I hit the wall around level 6, which was shocking, I've never run out of steam for a new mmo that early before.

You have to play it like a TES game more than a MMO, I never ran out of things to do because I kept on exploring and finding things. The only 'on rails' questing (using the term loosely)  was the main quest . 

^  Pretty much this.  You get out of a game what you put into it.  If all you want to do is mainstream yourself to following the storyline to level as fast as possible, then that's all you'll see.  I took off and explored the countryside and did everything but the main story.  Not on rails at all.

You

*cannot*

leave 

the noob islands - without completing the main quest.

It doesn't get any more on rails than that.

It's a ridiculous antiquated design - I understand that zones are tiered by levels - still horrible, horrible design to *force* players to complete the main quest.

That was my feedback.

That's a total of what, 30 minutes of play time at most?  Yeah, that makes it on rails.  /sarcasm

• JippiijooJippiijoo Member UncommonPosts: 100
    My only suggestion was that they would make it so that aiming would play an bigger role in PvP, right now nobody misses any shots ever, it would make it more fun imho, but other than that game seems good, i can see it being fun for 1-2months but thats because of the lack of aiming required in PvP.
    Originally posted by ElirionLoth
    Originally posted by Telondariel
    Originally posted by muthax
    Originally posted by reeereee

I wrote for removal of the first 10 levels of on-rails questing, or just being able to AvAvA at lvl 2 after character creation.

That's the biggest hurdle IMO.

Same thing I sighted and same issue.  I hit the wall around level 6, which was shocking, I've never run out of steam for a new mmo that early before.

You have to play it like a TES game more than a MMO, I never ran out of things to do because I kept on exploring and finding things. The only 'on rails' questing (using the term loosely)  was the main quest . 

^  Pretty much this.  You get out of a game what you put into it.  If all you want to do is mainstream yourself to following the storyline to level as fast as possible, then that's all you'll see.  I took off and explored the countryside and did everything but the main story.  Not on rails at all.

You

*cannot*

leave 

It's a ridiculous antiquated design - I understand that zones are tiered by levels - still horrible, horrible design to *force* players to complete the main quest.

That was my feedback.

That's a total of what, 30 minutes of play time at most?  Yeah, that makes it on rails.  /sarcasm

Prison, noob island 1, noob island 2, cannot be done in 30 min.

And then once on main land - can you AvAvA - oh no - you have to get to level 10 - again 30min? Yeah good luck with that.

On rails - means cannot be skipped or done in any alternate way - the noob experience is 100% on rails

So now you've went from "It doesn't get any more on rails than that" to "the noob experience is 100% on rails".  I don't care if you dislike the game for some reason but at least be consistent and tell the whole story. 

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Skipping the prison after you played through at least 1x would be good. That gets old after a couple of re-rolls but at least it's fast unless you are raiding chests for mats/recipes.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by Lugors
    Additions I wanted were combat logs, a minimap, and FPS/latency readouts. If add ons can due this, even better.

I don't know about latency but typing /fps stuck a readout in the upper left corner of your screen.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Jippiijoo
    My only suggestion was that they would make it so that aiming would play an bigger role in PvP, right now nobody misses any shots ever, it would make it more fun imho, but other than that game seems good, i can see it being fun for 1-2months but thats because of the lack of aiming required in PvP.

Yeah, I was disappointed with this too. Aiming my arrow higher makes no difference at all, plus it's range is pathetically short. I'm like a legendary archer, but i can only shoot 27 yards???

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Originally posted by Deddmeat

Not exactly confect what I put .. But I put it'd be nice to have the ability to add notes to your map, so if for instance you find 'the warrior' way b4 you have the quest .. You can put a note on your map so later you know where to go, same for the lighthouse etc (daggerfall convenant)

I know it seems a little thing but it's the little details which can mean the most.

This post seems to be borderline breaking the NDA?

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Jippiijoo

Yeah, I was disappointed with this too. Aiming my arrow higher makes no difference at all, plus it's range is pathetically short. I'm like a legendary archer, but i can only shoot 27 yards???

A lot of folks complain about FPS style combat; or lag that means by the time you have a lock on a target they have moved etc.

Solution: soft tabbing. And - as you can see from one of the review - the tabbing is really, really soft. New problem: everyone will be an archer in PvP

Solution: nerf the range. New problem: is archery worth it.

• R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135

You

*cannot*

leave 

That was my feedback.

I'm sorry, but this is a complete exaggeration of the term "on-rails". It's true, you can't leave the starter islands before actually completing the main storyline. However, this does not mean the experience itself is on-rails. Within these islands, you can explore, go to wherever you deem fit, and still find lots of interesting things like quests, skyshards, hidden chests, hidden notes, books containing lore, NPC's that know of something noteworthy, etc. You're definitely not on-rails where you have to do all these quests in a specific order or else you can't progress or you have to talk to an NPC in a quest-hub in order to start the quests. Also, if you just think about it, the starter islands are merely there to introduce players to the game and get them used to the combat mechanics, the questing mechanics, the exploration style of the game, the other gameplay features like lock picking, skyshards, and crafting, and to start them off in the game's main storyline. Granted, it takes longer to do than most game intro's, but it's a lot more extensive and interesting than other game intro's. You also have to account for the noob MMO player, who knows next to nothing about The Elder Scrolls and how it plays, and might need some initial restrictions in order to settle in and learn the ropes.

With all that said though, I have to ask: what good would it do being able to leave the tutorial islands at level 1? Unlike Skyrim, ESO features a deleveled world, meaning monsters do not level with the player. So what point would there be in visiting level 8 areas as a level 1 character? I would be willing to bet that most players would not even venture to such danger zones, let alone stay there once they realize how futile their character's powers are in relationship to the challenges before them.

BTW, this is not breaking the NDA, as everything stated above can be found in video previews made by the press.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by Mayor_Haggar
    what piece of new content did you say you'd like to see?

i wrote i want to see Collision Detection and more variety of weapon skills and class skills

I suggested collision detection as well.  If we keep asking you never know what will happen :)