Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Column - The Edge of the Mists is Living Story Done Right!

zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

To be honest, I went there and got 10 minutes play before it reset!

If we are to be there from the start then we need 3 hours to spare, not sure how many people can play that long but I need to take breaks more often than that!

So imo, sorry, but it is just more crap not worth bothering with!

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by zasten

If we are to be there from the start then we need 3 hours to spare, not sure how many people can play that long but I need to take breaks more often than that!

I've been looking for a clear cut definition of what qualifies as crap for content in an mmo. Mystery solved.  How do we make sure developers space in enough zasten break time? And does particular parts of the day require more frequent breaks? 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by eyelolled

I've been looking for a clear cut definition of what qualifies as crap for content in an mmo. Mystery solved.  How do we make sure developers space in enough zasten break time? And does particular parts of the day require more frequent breaks? 

If you have more time, thats fine go ahead and enjoy the game!

As for me, I can only play this game for 1 maybe 2 hours of doing the same thing before I get bored and move on the something different!

If you have more time, thats fine go ahead and enjoy the game!

As for me, I can only play this game for 1 maybe 2 hours of doing the same thing before I get bored and move on the something different!

No, I think you bring up a very valid point. How do you suggest that the developers implement "break time" into their content, to keep the quality level high enough? Should it be a global "break time" so that the game just puts all gameplay into a temporary hiatus for 10 to 15 minutes every hour or so?  Or should it be individual based "break time" where an autopilot bot just takes over and lets you tend to your more human needs?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Why does it need to be more than about 30 minutes in length, it is not like being able to do it more often would give players any real benefit in reward! The only way to get decent gear is to pay for it or grind pve to get mats, you get fuck all from doing events except some list somewhere says you completed the event.

Would making it shorter would increase the number of players that participate? I don't know, personally I would rather do the whole event not just part of it. Taking a break in the middle of it seems to me that it takes too long to actually do it! As far as I know, none of the other living stories have had such a long duration.

I don't think anything they do would make me play anyway. Simply because of armor damage. If and when I go to wvw, I only stay until the first time I get killed. I feel the need to fix my armor when it is damaged and to do this means going to where the armor repair npc is. Which is usually on the other side of the map. A map that may as well have no wp's because there is so few of them. After being killed, instead of using a wp to go to some where that I can repair my armor, I simply exit to character select screen, reselect the same character, repair the armor and exit the game. Most days this means playing for less than a minute.

So, sorry I have no idea what to suggest other than making the event shorter!

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I don't think anything they do would make me play anyway. 

Ding ding ding!  And Eyelolled has successfully pulled the real answer out of Mr. Zasten!

Originally posted by Homitu

Ding ding ding!  And Eyelolled has successfully pulled the real answer out of Mr. Zasten!

Of course, I would never suggest that to be my actual intent.

However, I do look forward to see the games of the future using zasten's design choices of short timespan events that offer huge rewards, with no penalty for dying, and instant map travel to virtually any place on the map. He may very well have come up with the new "perfect storm" mmo formula.

However, I do look forward to see the games of the future using zasten's design choices of short timespan events that offer huge rewards, with no penalty for dying, and instant map travel to virtually any place on the map. He may very well have come up with the new "perfect storm" mmo formula.

What fucking huge reward, after 3 hours you get shit!

Maybe a rare item or two which get sold or salvaged because they are unusable, some karma that you can make quicker by hopping on the troll, oak and boar train!

GF!

Maybe a rare item or two which get sold or salvaged because they are unusable, some karma that you can make quicker by hopping on the troll, oak and boar train!

GF!

The huge rewards in the games of the future. I'm sorry, the misunderstanding was probably my fault by making the sentence too long.

GF!

The huge rewards in the games of the future. I'm sorry, the misunderstanding was probably my fault by making the sentence too long.

I'm talking about the here and now, GW2!!!

If I was talking about some fantasy desire it would not be in the GW2 section!

GF!

I'm talking about the here and now, GW2!!!

If I was talking about some fantasy desire it would not be in the GW2 section!

I thought you moved on from GW2.

I never said I don't play at all, I said I don't play this crap!

There are lots of other parts to this game with out doing crap events!

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    WvW matches are a week long. That's unfair to people that need to take a break during the week! Outrage!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Volkon
    WvW matches are a week long. That's unfair to people that need to take a break during the week! Outrage!

Seriously, 

There are lots of people who intentionally take advantage of the fact that there are no breaks in WvW to change the tide of the flow when most of the server is offline sleeping. It is what it is. You have to account for it in your gaming.

Everyone knows when you wake up and log back in, the map may not look anything like what it did only hours before.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Seriously, 

There are lots of people who intentionally take advantage of the fact that there are no breaks in WvW to change the tide of the flow when most of the server is offline sleeping. It is what it is. You have to account for it in your gaming.

Everyone knows when you wake up and log back in, the map may not look anything like what it did only hours before.

Wait, wait wait.... wait... wait.

When I log out, the game keeps going?

WHO THE HELL IS PLAYING MY CHARACTER!?!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Seriously, 

Not sure, but the IP address can be traced to China

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Seriously, 

Not sure, but the IP address can be traced to China

Heh heh... that was good. image

Oderint, dum metuant.