Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some reason Neverwinter plays for a few mins, but then totally crashes my PC and powering it off.

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Some reason Neverwinter plays for a few mins, but then totally crashes my PC and powering it off.

I dont know whats going on.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• Kail19811Kail19811 Member Posts: 1
    Could be that your GPU is overheating. Same thing happened to me a while back. To be sure I would get an app to monitor your GPU temp, if you don't have one already. Watch it before launching the game, then launch the game and watch. For me it would spike, then same thing you are describing.
  • Locutus666Locutus666 Member Posts: 5
    Monitor your temperatures while gaming, if they are in dangerous zones, it could be that the pc is dusted and is overheating. That or it could indicate a broken power supply. That's all I can offer on top of my head.
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Stress, or you're over your power supplies output.

But Neverwinter is almost as HORRENDOUS with its optimization as Marvel Heroes.  But in Neverwinter's case it's murder to your CPU to pretty ridiculous levels. 

Was even some tests by tomshardware and the like showcasing that your CPU has to be a late generation i5/i7 to get good frames without minimum settings.  Even then it still taxes your CPU so much it's a bit absurd considering the game is action paced...

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

Do you get any screen tearing or graphical artifacts before it freezes?

It's likely an over-heating issue. Although whether GPU or CPU it's hard to tell.