Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Person View Only Server

zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160

Wouldn't it be nice if they released one or more first person view only servers?

Third person view gives advantages in PVP that makes first person view obsolete. It allows you to see behind you and around corners.  However, for those who love first person view, but don't want to be forced to use third person to be viable, this would be a great option.

Comments

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Isn't that just an opinion? For some people, first person may actually feel better and not a disadvantage.

• bill4747bill4747 Member Posts: 202

I don't see why there can't be a server that offers that.

Personally I hate first person view, and I enjoy pve more than pvp.

But why not have a server for that?

• Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I'll be using first person view regardless of advantage or disadvantage.  I'm not certain if I'm even going to do PvP.  I love playing from that view.
  • black_ifritblack_ifrit Member Posts: 45

I love this idea.

• zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    I've really enjoyed using first person view in beta and would enjoy a server that forces a first person rule set.
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538

http://elderscrollsonline.info/mega-server

They aren't going to make separate servers with different rulesets.

• zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Arkade99

Thanks for crushing my hopes and dreams.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Except there is only 1 server per system. PC/MAC have 1 server. PS4 has 1 server. and XBONE has 1 server. That's it.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by jazz.be

Isn't that just an opinion? For some people, first person may actually feel better and not a disadvantage.

There's nothing subjective about it, being able to see 360` around you is an advantage over just seeing in front of you

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    There is only one server.
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    First person is broken, unless you stare partially at the ground the entire time you are going to get fried by AOE's in PVE. As a healer I see it every dungeon group I do, people in first person not noticing that they are standing in an AOE circle. They need to find a way to fix this, otherwise first person is not only at a disadvantage in PVP, but on top of that not even viable for PVE. (My opinion of course).
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

Personally I can't stand first person view. I like to see around me at all times. Last first person view game I played I kept dying and couldn't figure out why. I couldn't see the mad dog chewing away on my lower half. Seeing as how it's an option I don't think it makes sense to have a different server just for that. It would be to costly.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Arkade99

That does not exclude possibility of Cyrodiil campaign having different ruleset than others.

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139
    I played in 1st person because I find the Elder Scrolls series 3rd person camera position of staring over the right shoulder really odd. I wonder why they don't place the camera directly behind and slightly above the character like in lotro and DAoC and other games?
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Originally posted by oldboygamer
    I played in 1st person because I find the Elder Scrolls series 3rd person camera position of staring over the right shoulder really odd. I wonder why they don't place the camera directly behind and slightly above the character like in lotro and DAoC and other games?

I agree, in the beginning this annoyed the hell out of me. But by the end of the beta period I didn't even notice it anymore.

• Originally posted by jazz.be

No first person is disadvnatageous in a purely functionaly perspective.  You can see behind in Third person view, it literally gives you eyes in the back of your head.

This is important the evolution of various prey species has caused morphology of the eyes to changes to just give them a portion of this effect.

That isn't to say that there are not other opinion-oriented aspects of this that come into play.  I played Neocron and that was a true First Person MMO and it really does give a very different feeling to the game.

But third person view objectively has a certain functional benefit to it.  That is not opinion.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by zimike

Wouldn't it be nice if they released one or more first person view only servers?

Third person view gives advantages in PVP that makes first person view obsolete. It allows you to see behind you and around corners.  However, for those who love first person view, but don't want to be forced to use third person to be viable, this would be a great option.

I can't see this happening. At all.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by deakon
    Originally posted by jazz.be

There's nothing subjective about it, being able to see 360` around you is an advantage over just seeing in front of you

Not always.  yes, it can provide an advantage, but so can a first-person view provide an advantage when it comes to aiming and close-quarters.  For example, in my experience in skyrim, i find many encounters very difficult to do in third-person and switch to first.

Depending on circumstances, first-person can definitely be an advantage.  

That being said, i don't understand the need to for a whole server.   If you want to play first person, no need to force everyone else to also do it.    What's next, separate server for everyone with 14" monitors?  i mean that's an obvious disadvantage, right?

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    I'd vote for that... right after a FOV slider.
  • DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

If they split servers they then have the problem of population control, the which server is best queries and ones bring left in the cold but people not wanting the shut as they gave high lol toons on them .. Or wanting free transfers

It's happens in the mmo's with multiple servers, they dwindle down until there are only a few left. So why not start with one mega sever and give the player the decision in view, if they chose 1st person then that's there choice, if they want everyone else to fight in 1st person .. Well get a group together who chooses that style. Of course there's then the matter of trust but that's not a game problem, more a human condition.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    There is no sepperate servers... there is only MEGAserver

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    I almost wish this could be done. I'd like to hear how many players all get nauseous from motion sickness at once.

You stay sassy!

• Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    You can play in first person view and pretend/presume everyone else is too...
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by zimike

Originally posted by Arkade99 http://elderscrollsonline.info/mega-server   They aren't going to make separate servers with different rulesets.
    Thanks for crushing my hopes and dreams.
    ->

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development