Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat Better Late Game?

PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
So I've been playing Rift over the last few days. I nabbed a free copy of the game and xpac off of some giveaway right before it went f2p, and I felt like I should give it a go again. There's really only two things keeping me from putting much time into it: terribad female armor, and the combat. Ignore the former, the combat just feels... lack luster. Swing. Spam key until gc ends. Repeat. I think it may just be an issue I have with the gc, but I figured I'd ask. I'm level 20 now, but does the combat get more engaging later on?

Comments

• mohit9206mohit9206 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by Raserei

No, that is MMO combat these days.

If you want action combat, try Tera, that is also free. Or Wildstar when it's released (not free).

Or may i say NeverWinter.Not sure why everyone overlooks this game as its one of the best mmorpgs out there.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by Raserei

No, that is MMO combat these days.

If you want action combat, try Tera, that is also free. Or Wildstar when it's released (not free).

Heh. I actually just reinstalled Tera after writing that. After it and GW2, a gc just makes everything painful. Oh well. Thanks for the reply!

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

The combat and the movement in Rift are awful and always have been. I wouldn't expect that to change. Clunky and just painful.