Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think zenimaz will do after all that mixed reviews?

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Nothing. The game is fine, it's the players expectations that need changing. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by jdnyc
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by jdnyc

Give you the option to change your race and alliance each time you reach a new level.

Give ?

Not bloody likely !

You'll most likely find that option amongst the "fun things" in the limited (*cough*) Cash Shop...

We'll see on the cash shop.  I think they're in panic mode right now.

Considering they've already decided to list it as a pre-order exclusive it's doubtful to me that they will open it up for free to all players.  My thoughts are that it will be in the cash shop post launch for those who did not pre-order as a backup cash grab plan.  Because honestly, to those who didn't pre-order, how many people will want to be stuck within the confines of the race/faction restrictions if they can pay their way out and be on par with everyone who pre-ordered?

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    OP, I doubt there are going to jump at their own shadow.  You don't get into business if you overreact to every little thing.  If you did, you would get sick from worryinig too much.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MrSaltyMrSalty Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by epoq
    change their name to zenimaz like the title of your thread and re-launch.  no one will know it's them.

LOL

• himodshimods Member Posts: 54
    Turn it into a facebook game.
  • hg2012hg2012 Member Posts: 69

I feel the mixed reviews are more due to a lash back at the cash grab rather than the playability of the game even though they do seem to nit pick at certain aspect of the game itself.

At the end of the day this is still going to be a massive game with just as much content as any other MMO launching today, however whether the £8.99/$15 a month is worth paying for any new MMO these days should be the question being asked by zenimax, and whether this game flops or not may depend on that answer.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Umm lets see.....

How about nothing..... Considering the game comes out in a little over a month.. I mean do people really think there is gonna be a drastic change, highly doubtful if you don't like what you see now you might as well move on.......

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • SikhanderSikhander Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Damedius

Cancel the game obviously.

On a serious note, nothing. It's too late to make any major changes to the game.

Besides as they say. Haters gone hate.

Exactly this, the game's finished. It'll either sink or float. I personally have to agree with the Gamespot preview. It looks and feels old and is torn between two worlds: Elder Scrolls and MMO.

I basically agree...but will love to play it as Skyrim 2.0 for 1 month or 2. My guess is that I am not alone in thinking that so I doubt it will be a financially bad deal for them in the end.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

They are not going to do anything but polish. Since they claim to have had an entire team working in the background for quite some time on content beyond launch, we can only be hopeful that some of the constructive criticism is already being taken into consideration and that perhaps some changes are further on down the line. I still am very curious to see whether the mixed reviews becomes irrelevant of the outcome at release and 3-6 months in, or if this will be a sign of how meaningless reviews are...especially when it hits the consoles.

There Is Always Hope!

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well the game is pretty polished and its problems are in core design

-outdated servers

-clunky combat, semi action

-payment model.  (ok this might changed but after 6 months. )

already bad critics, this game is doomed to follow SWtoR although it has better graphics, as an MMO is an other mediocre which doesnt deserve any sub ...

• Originally posted by RelGn

Hi everyone I just wanted to know your speculation about what zenimax is going to do after all these mixed reviews.

Do you think they are going to fix the things that made some players go nuts or do you think that they will leave everything as it is on launch.

One of the things that really pissed me a bit is the bad animations on combat etc that dont feel smooth.

I think that this is not going to be fixed at launch

Stay the course? Does it really matter? Either deliver a good, solid game or crash and burn. Enough with these marketing tactics. Good things tend to stand on their on merit.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Nothing, stay on their schedule.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Nothing, stay on their schedule.

Exactly, release the game on schedule, sell 4.5 million or so boxes on the TES brand and then hope enough people subscribe to make a decent profit.  If not go SWTOR and make a killing on your cash shop.  Sure it would be nice if they could improve things but it's far too late in the development cycle. 

At least they're not hamstrung by their engine like SWTOR so there is still more room for improvement along the way (Doing something to get people out of their horrible noob island experience faster would go a long way.)

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by RelGn

Hi everyone I just wanted to know your speculation about what zenimax is going to do after all these mixed reviews.

Do you think they are going to fix the things that made some players go nuts or do you think that they will leave everything as it is on launch.

One of the things that really pissed me a bit is the bad animations on combat etc that dont feel smooth.

I think that this is not going to be fixed at launch

They will just waste more money on PR.

I would love to see the ratio of PR to Developer dollars spent on this project.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Nothing. No MMO company under critique EVER listened. Until subs really dropped and it was too late.

It must be a cosmic law.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     Plug their ears and make noises so they can't hear what anyone else is saying.  Honestly there is nothing else that they can do.
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    I'd say something that in the end amounts to nothing.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They will keep with their strategy.  $15 a month, cash shop, and I won't be surprised to hear about life-time subscriptions offered.  If $15 a month stops being profitable they will go F2P.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

I thought they didn't want to lift the nda cause they didn't want people to see how bad the game is.

the game is good but the nda in my opinion is in effect cause of all the bugs still in the game.

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Too many haters.. The game is fine....

• EugeneKDudleyEugeneKDudley Member Posts: 58
    They will do what all the others before them have done, continue to sit in their glass house and ignore the rocks being flung at them until the thing starts to crack. whats sad is the game has potential if they just extend development another 6 months maybe and cut loose all that pre-order stuff to regular subscribers which would be a nice olive branch to hand out for the bait and switch they performed on consumers. I hope they do something would like for this MMO to do well and keep the sub model.

"By all means, reach for the stars but you need to build the spaceship first"

• I think the developers would like to do a number of things.   I seriously doubt the pre-order/CE perks are something are happy with.  That has all the hallmarks of a monkey in a business suit marching in and needing "incentives".  They just grate so badly against the game that I can't believe any dev would buy into it.

I think Zenimax doesn't give a rat's ass and will clearly absolutely gouge everyone they can and hold hard to a release date to the deteriment of the game.  They seem to be pretty much scum.

• MagicabbageMagicabbage Member Posts: 93

The game is great so far and I can see myself making a few alts. About the animations. They are better or equal too all the other Elder's Scrolls games. Elder's scrolls combat whether melee or casting has always sucked. The game is about the immersion and depth and freedom NOT how combat looks.

The game is great and this generation cries about everything, so I expected some people to not like the game. That's your choice; however, they will still play it. The only thing I won't like is the graphics in a few years. Realistic graphics don't age very well.

The game feels and looks and play like an Elder's Scroll game. I don't know what ppl were expecting.