Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And the most honest review goes to,,,,,,RPS(iknowright?)

KamofilaKamofila Member UncommonPosts: 116

Do you like lollipops? Suck it. Don't bite you greedy twit.

Comments

• KamofilaKamofila Member UncommonPosts: 116
    You know since NDA won't let me or the thousands of other people in beta speak up, had to find a review i actually agreed with.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Wait till legion of fans barge in and start insulting this poor guy for giving his opinion. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

I'll be the first to say opinions are like A$$holes but i believe everyone should be able to read an honest review of this game, ESPECIALLY those few who didn't get into beta.  I think everyone should be able to know what this game is about before they spend their hard earned money on this game.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Was a fun read.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

and he didnt even mention the thing that upset me the most about the game, but thats still behind NDA.

yes people there is something thats breaks it away from your normal elder scroll game even more but you have to get into beta or wait to find out.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Wait till legion of fans barge in and start insulting this poor guy for giving his opinion. 

I'll handle this.

The reviewer is obviously a console-playing, mmo tourist whos neckbeard has obviously obscured his vision of the game itself. His opinion means dick.

How that be?

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    I didn't find it boring. It felt like an elder scrolls game.
    Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley

I'll handle this.

The reviewer is obviously a console-playing, mmo tourist whos neckbeard has obviously obscured his vision of the game itself. His opinion means dick.

How that be?

you didnt threaten him or insult his sexuality, so i give it a B-

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

I'll handle this.

How that be?

*claps*

However, it is scientifically impossible for his neckbeard to obscure his vision.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736

I respect his opinion but I have a different opinion on TESO.

You can't please them all. We all know that :)

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

the journalists that played more than a view hours to level 10-15 like the game,

I was a bit disappointed the first day I played from yesterday the game grew on me more like skyrim than an mmo whish is good.

going to buy it those who don't can play with themselves for a view months.

I'll handle this.

How that be?

*claps*

However, it is scientifically impossible for his neckbeard to obscure his vision.

It was thought impossible until this malformed freak of nature popped his spongy little head out from behind the rock he crawled out from under :D

Originally posted by handlewithcare

the journalists that played more than a view hours to level 10-15 like the game,

I was a bit disappointed the first day I played from yesterday the game grew on me more like skyrim than an mmo whish is good.

going to buy it those who don't can play with themselves for a view months.

i shall thank you. of course i am talking about all the other game i have that i enjoy and dont grate my nerves.

Get back to me 5/4/14....just saying.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Isn't the most honest review always the one that you agree with the most?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    I've played the Beta. Read the review. Sad to say . I agree.... I wish I didn't
    I don't fully agree with his review and it is because i played past level ten in the beta,  Still my overall opinion has to side with RPS and angry Joe.  If that breaks NDA ill shit a brick.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Well, there is not such a thing as an honest review if its based on the personal opinion of a so called Journalist

An honest review only states facts, figures and numbers..

But does not express emotions or personal opinions...

Clearly all these so called internet journalists never went to the jounalists school....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

I'll handle this.

How that be?

*claps*

It was thought impossible until this malformed freak of nature popped his spongy little head out from behind the rock he crawled out from under :D

I tried to ignore this but, How do you even get gratification out of talking crap about someone who has an actual job reviewing video games, when all you do is use your free time to try and insult your ignorant conception of what the reviewer might look like?  Cause im pretty sure "mmo tourist whos neckbeard has obviously obscured his vision of the game itself. His opinion means dick."  counts for much less than dick (which isn't a whole lot).

Originally posted by Kamofila

I'll handle this.

How that be?

*claps*

I tried to ignore this but, How do you even get gratification out of talking crap about someone who has an actual job reviewing video games, when all you do is use your free time to try and insult your ignorant conception of what the reviewer might look like?  Cause im pretty sure "mmo tourist whos neckbeard has obviously obscured his vision of the game itself. His opinion means dick."  counts for much less than dick (which isn't a whole lot).

It was a satirical post of a baseless response from the perspective of a fictional fanboy... [ in other words, it's just jest ]

Although I will say I do enjoy ESO & am pleased to have a pre-order.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

As someone who isn't in the beta, I still found the RPS review to be suspect. Specifically, the writer says that it's like all the other ES games as far as he can tell. This could either be a great thing, or inaccurate. So all I could really get from it was "if you don't like ES, you won't like ESO." Okay...

Check out Angry Joe's review. I don't usually like him, but his review was well balanced, and fairly in depth. At the same time it left little room for interpretation from the viewer (a problem I see every now and then which I hate). So his is the review I trust the most for ESO.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Originally posted by Kamofila

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/07/hands-on-the-first-few-hours-of-elder-scrolls-online/#more-188471

rps = nail on head this time.

Not a very truthful review and very biased, the guy hates Raiding and PVP. That automatically takes out about 50% of any decent MMO. The guy needs to quit his day job of being a journalist or learn to review properly.  He isn't cut out to review games maybe he should try another product like Kleenex or something first.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• jimbobfurleyjimbobfurley Member UncommonPosts: 104

Bang-on review.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Well, there is not such a thing as an honest review if its based on the personal opinion of a so called Journalist

An honest review only states facts, figures and numbers..

But does not express emotions or personal opinions...

Clearly all these so called internet journalists never went to the jounalists school....

There are two kinds of gaming reviews.

1: Honest reviews

2: Payed reviews

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by atticusbc

As someone who isn't in the beta, I still found the RPS review to be suspect. Specifically, the writer says that it's like all the other ES games as far as he can tell. This could either be a great thing, or inaccurate. So all I could really get from it was "if you don't like ES, you won't like ESO." Okay...

Check out Angry Joe's review. I don't usually like him, but his review was well balanced, and fairly in depth. At the same time it left little room for interpretation from the viewer (a problem I see every now and then which I hate). So his is the review I trust the most for ESO.

Clearly i said i read/watched angry joes review and agree with many of the things he said as well.   Now lets all read the whole conversation before jumping in midway.

This discussion has been closed.