Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoE's employee disgusting behavior towards players.

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

I played the EQ Landmark game and the regular EQ game.

Each and every single time you voice an opinion about something on SoE forums, or in their game, or mention a specific developer, you are instantly banned.

3 people in my guild have been banned from the games now just because we said something that SoE doesn't like, such as saying their games won't survive if they don't get more players, anything remotely negative about their games results in permabans.

They charge $39 for a beta, and they are suspending players. Luckily my bank can chargeback the money. I also written a formal complaint to Andrew House, SoE's boss.

This company is being run by a bunch of very incompetent people. Don't invest money in them because at this rate, they will be gone in a year and more people will get fired.

Comments

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Sounds like there's much more to this. "I made a few negative comments and got perma banned!" seems like a real limited picture of what actually went down.

You're the victim though so it's of course going to sound in your favor.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

lol image.

I'm gonna enjoy watching this thread.

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by Kiyoris

I played the EQ Landmark game and the regular EQ game.

Each and every single time you voice an opinion about something on SoE forums, or in their game, or mention a specific developer, you are instantly banned.

3 people in my guild have been banned from the games now just because we said something that SoE doesn't like, such as saying their games won't survive if they don't get more players, anything remotely negative about their games results in permabans.

They charge $39 for a beta, and they are suspending players. Luckily my bank can chargeback the money. I also written a formal complaint to Andrew House, SoE's boss.

This company is being run by a bunch of very incompetent people. Don't invest money in them because at this rate, they will be gone in a year and more people will get fired.

I want to see pics of this happening in Landmark because I have seen more than a little bit of negative opinions with nothing happening to them.

If it was in EQ or whatever released game, yeah they do that, like more than a few companies.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91

Follow their rules on their forums and you won't get banned.

Is it that hard to understand? Their forums = their rules. 

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Originally posted by SuperNick

Sounds like a lot more involved than "I made a few negative comments and got perma banned!".

You're the victim though so it's bound to sound in your favor.

Read what it says, the only comment I made about SoE is that their game won't survive like this on their forum, written exactly like that.

SoE says that is "negative behavior" as you can read above, and it results in permabans.

Their "warnings" are lies too, they don't warn anyone before a ban.

• ImprovVImprovV Member Posts: 14

The only thing that's disgusting are your lies. 

I and plenty of people have voiced concerns and opinions that are not favorable in various aspects of the game. Why are we still allowed to post? Oh that's right. We weren't rude, harassing towards other players/developers, or acting like dicks. That is the only reason as to why you would be banned. 

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Originally posted by ImprovV

I and plenty of people have voiced concerns and opinions that are not favorable in various aspects of the game. Why are we still allowed to post? Oh that's right. We weren't rude, harassing towards other players/developers, or acting like dicks. That is the only reason as to why you would be banned. 

I am never rude to the point of requiring a ban, SoE also never said I was rude, their response is clear..."negative opinon"...and permaban.

• ImprovVImprovV Member Posts: 14

Sounds like a lot more involved than "I made a few negative comments and got perma banned!".

Read what it says, the only comment I made about SoE is that their game won't survive like this on their forum, written exactly like that.

SoE says that is "negative behavior" as you can read above, and it results in permabans.

Oh please!!! You are so full of it they would not permaban you for that. Like we're going to take your word for it that that's all you said.

Why dont you tell me what your user name is and I'll look you up and check post history. 

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Which game? if you did that for Landmark then you should be banned.

The game is in Alpha, not late beta. Alpha game are bare boned and mostly don't even have combat in it yet. And if you ARE talking about Landmark, why would you make a comment like that as they are looking for ACTUAL INPUT.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by ImprovV

This.

Checked the forums for all their games and the one thing I noticed is there being plenty of negative posts/feedback.

This discussion has been closed.