Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's buying after trying out the beta?

Comments

• GhernGhern Member UncommonPosts: 134

After playing in the beta this weekend I probably will not be buying.

I did not hate the game. It just struck me as average and for an average game I cannot justify the box price and monthly sub.

I have not pvp'ed so if that aspect is amazing it could change my mind. Unfortunately I have to go to work tomorrow so I am going to have to rely on reviews about pvp to help with that decision.

Best case scenario I get in another beta down the road and try pvp for myself.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

I will not be buying it... its not that bad but its... average. I hoped it can be better than SWTOR but its not, maybe in 1-2 years i will try it after they add upgrades and such.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by alexhpy98721
    I will not be buying it... its not that bad but its... average. I hoped it can be better than SWTOR but its not, maybe in 1-2 years i will try it after they add upgrades and such.

Being better than SWTOR is a completely sad low bar to expect since SWTOR was one of the worst MMORPG to ever be released.

• ZunaahZunaah Member UncommonPosts: 40

I think they hit a good middle ground for the single player feel of the elder scrolls games with a MMO mix. The graphics are really nice (yes armor could use some help), but to expect the graphic detail from Skyrim would be ridiculous. Do some things need more polish? Yep. Is it the game that will win the hearts of everyone? Nope.

I've been in 3 betas so far and they won over a customer. I'll definitely be purchasing.

When logic fails.. instinct prevails

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    After playing this beta for roughly 4 hours, I must say I rather like the combat, however the game content so far..It feels empty, however it is still beta, I am stuck whether or not I should buy it, plus after I experienced the beta, I feel the game is not worth 80$ + subs 15$ (I don't mind the subs, just the game price it self feels like its over priced just because its a famous title). I am stuck at 70% not getting it, 30% getting it.
  • skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by MyownGod
    After playing this beta for roughly 4 hours, I must say I rather like the combat, however the game content so far..It feels empty, however it is still beta, I am stuck whether or not I should buy it, plus after I experienced the beta, I feel the game is not worth 80$ + subs 15$ (I don't mind the subs, just the game price it self feels like its over priced just because its a famous title). I am stuck at 70% not getting it, 30% getting it.

You can get it for $45-48 (SE) and $60-64 (CE) easily. There are tons of 20-25% discount coupons flying around. I got it for $48 off GMG with 20% off, a good price imo.

• clankyaspclankyasp Member Posts: 213

Not buying.

Had to open 10 doors=10 loading screens=10 instances to fight 1 enemy in each of those instances.....

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952

I am not buying this one. Which is weird, considering I've played Elder Scrolls games since I was a young kid and saw Daggerfall, thought it looked fun on the back of the box (remember the huge game boxes, back in the day?) and bought it...well, asked my parent's to buy it for me.

I'll stick to single-player ES games, tyvm.

• himodshimods Member Posts: 54

I never had intentions of buying this game, IMO it was an insult to TES and just another shitty MMOpark. But since it was free I gave it a shot anyway.

After 3-4 hours I was bored out of my mind. 

Zenimax, I'm sueing you for wasting my time like that.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

After playing ESO I'd really rather play oblivion or skyrim.

ESO felt like a cheap ripoff of the previous ES games to me personally.

I might try again if it ever goes free, but i don't think It's something I'm willing to pay for, especially not a subscription.

• GadarethGadareth Member UncommonPosts: 310

Already pre-ordered the CE version and expect to be playing it for a while when it comes out. Only thing that could make me drop it would be if it went F2P as I hate the nickel and dime charge affect of a f2p model game.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Lots of NDA breakers here...lol.
  • HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Played this weekend, bought it today. It is not perfect, it has room to grow. But it is a good ES conversion and have some amazing crafting potential. I am sure I will have fun with it for a few months.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• ghorgosghorgos Member UncommonPosts: 191
    not buying, the game has too many issues for me
  • kotzkotz Member UncommonPosts: 100

Im a Starwars fan and bought Swtor. I regret that =/

Im not a elder scrolls fan....... If i was id prolly buy it... And regret it after a while =)

Swtor and ESO are both linear games... Gets boring pretty fast!

ESO is not that good. Nothing new to it.. It will just be a big seller for the fans like Swtor.

Zoom out and take a look at the big picture.. Seiously? is any different from the other mmos? other than a new sorie?  Perhaps its just the stories people are after?  For fans it is i guess.. But thats feels kind of shallow? doesnt it?

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    I wasn't planning on pre-ordering it and thought I would play another game instead. However, when I received a beta key in my mail I simply went why the hell not and tested out the beta. Needless to say, I pre-ordered it today. I think this is going to be on hella of a game. No doubt!
    Originally posted by kotz

Zoom out and take a look at the big picture.. Seiously? is any different from the other mmos? other than a new sorie?  Perhaps its just the stories people are after?  For fans it is i guess.. But thats feels kind of shallow? doesnt it?

1. 3 factions, battling each other.
    2. TES lore and setting.
    3. Action-based combat.
    4. No linear class system. You decide and choose how you want to play.
    5. Blocking, dodging, sprinting.
    6. In-depth and highly valued crafting system. Meaning crafting items aren't useless in comparison to many MMOS.
    7. First-person + third-person.
    8. Aiming system (Not fully. But you need to aim your weapon in order to hit. Instead of mashing stupid buttons.)
    9. Oh and the exploration rewards you (Example: Skyshards, finding new quests and books that give important information- and even can increase your skill level in one of your professions/combat skills)

So...

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961

This would be my first post on here in a loooong long time. 

Sad to say that from what I have played of the beta so far I will not be purchasing the game. I've played every game in the Elder Scrolls series and this seems like a step backwards. Not back just one step but several. I almost feel like it is Daggerfall quality again. Everything just seemed well below par and when you're the next game in a series after Skyrim you need to keep moving forward yet this just doesn't do it.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Absolutely no chance I will buy this game.

Killing dragons is my shit

• kotzkotz Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by winghaven1

2. TES lore and setting.
    3. Action-based combat.
    6. In-depth and highly valued crafting system. Meaning crafting items aren't useless in comparison to many MMOS.
    8. Aiming system (Not fully. But you need to aim your weapon in order to hit. Instead of mashing stupid buttons.)
    9. Oh and the exploration rewards you (Example: Skyshards, finding new quests and books that give important information- and even can increase your skill level in one of your professions/combat skills)

So...

1 to 9 is in all mmos. Well most of them.... So they all say =)  But if you really dig into it you will see :p

Gl and have fun =)

Originally posted by winghaven1

2. TES lore and setting.
    3. Action-based combat.

So...

1 to 9 is in all mmos. Well most of them.... So they all say =)  But if you really dig into it you will see :p

Gl and have fun =)

Not sure if troll.. Or serious.

In any case. I will have fun :)

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    will not buy it...this game sadly will do what all other mmos do, so many people here saying its great.....I bet after 1 month half will be quitting realizing that its just well boring.
  • PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Im buying it ...
  • AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by Entropy14
    will not buy it...this game sadly will do what all other mmos do, so many people here saying its great.....I bet after 1 month half will be quitting realizing that its just well boring.

Must be awfully hard for you that others have different opinions about stuff you don't like. Accept that some like it, and some don't.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Not in the slightest bit interested in buying... I was on the fence but when I tried the game I found myself quite bored with the game and a lot of details were poking my eye and so I came to conclusion that this game isn't worth paying for since I'd hardly play it.

This is one of the few rare games where I got bored within first few hours of playing.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------