Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• BeerpigBeerpig Member UncommonPosts: 9
    When my subscription ran out, and i didn't renew it ! Give me a video card please!
  • mavrickabbmavrickabb Member UncommonPosts: 8
    i need a new MMO plz
  • FaidianFaidian Member UncommonPosts: 20
    My favorite moment was dawning all of my Dragoon armor for the first time.  Felt like such a BAMF and I loved every moment I played my Dragoon.  Finally, after the hours of playing the old FF's I got to really *play* a Dragoon.  It made my inner child smile with glee!
  • jc234jc234 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Favourite Final Fantasy moments would have to be playing through & completing FFVII and VIII! Those two were memorable and arguably the best two out of the series!
  • Sh4dwhrSh4dwhr Member UncommonPosts: 2
    It's not actually released yet, but I'd say the gameplay trailers for Final Fantasy XV blew me away. The graphics, the combat, the voice cast (yes, has to be original japanese!). Can't wait for the future of FF games.
  • cyberace66cyberace66 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Finally making it to Sin and beating him.
  • airplane50airplane50 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    FF11, when i final get the airship pass.
  • kjohiokjohio Member UncommonPosts: 35
    I would loveto play FFXIV :)
  • ramoncostaramoncosta Member CommonPosts: 4
    my favorite moment is character creation : )
  • hecticosayshecticosays Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moment in FF history would go to Final Fantasy 8 (Which is my favorite game of all time). The mission on Dollet where you get chased by the Mechanical Spider. It was relentless and a ton of fun to try and escape without getting my butt handed to me.
  • dsevilladsevilla Member Posts: 1
    Awesome game. Graphics by far are better then any MMO out there right now. Good job SE.
  • stormpuma21stormpuma21 Member Posts: 131

For me it was actually the purchasing on Final Fantasy 8. I was 16 years old at the time and my parents had long made it clear that whatever i wanted from then on out, i had to work for it to get it. I swept up and mopped many popcorn and soda stained floors from the local movie theater i worked at.

Finally i had saved up enough money and went to the mall to purchase FF VIII. I remember getting home and tearing open the package. Ahh it smelled so good. The book, gotta read it first before playing it, per the ritual. (I'm an old-school console gamer at heart.)  

I pop the disc in and the most beautiful intro since Soul Blade on Playstation 1 greets my eyes. Yes!!! All my hard earned money was well spent i remember thinking. The duel between Squall and Seifer looked amazing and Rinoa was drop dead gorgeous. (And how cool was that card minigame; I loved it.)

FF8 may not be the Final Fantasy game to go to when people reminisce, but for me it was filled with great memories. I can remember that my game save file turned red after i clocked in over 100 hours lol. I definitely got my money's worth :D

• My favorite memory or final fantasy was the first time I started final fantasy III. My friend gave it to me and i've played it like 15 times.
  • corechambercorechamber Member UncommonPosts: 148

I love that you can change you class by just chaining your weapon and that you can use other skills if it has the correct affinity.  The game world is beautiful and my first experience with the Titan was outstanding, got crushed.

• ericzer0ericzer0 Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moment in FFXIV was the final three boss fights in the Praetorium (I'll avoid spoilers). They had it all. The story was coming to a close, the fights had interesting mechanics, the music was absolutely amazing, and there was plenty of eye candy, all culminating in a cutscene when special abilities for the boss were unlocked, leading to an even cooler battlefield with even better music. All of the above combined made an impression that I will never forget. The battle music for "Phase 2" will be one of my favorite boss themes for years to come.
  • seacow1gseacow1g Member UncommonPosts: 266

I haven't played FFXIV because my desktop doesn't have a good enough graphics card for it (which is why I'd like to win so I can play it). I did play FFXI though for a few years and one of my best experiences in it was camping the Peacock Amulet with my ingame friend Skylynn.

Back then I was playing an Elf Monk named Jehuty and she was playing a Tarutaru White Mage. We met in the game after joining the same Linkshell and ever since then we became inseparable. In some ways she was kinda like my online girlfriend (we never did anything naughty or weird, just cutesy kisses and stuff, we also got married ingame). She'd always help me out by Teleporting me around and we'd always grind exp in groups together. But anyway, this time I was trying to get a Peacock Amulet because it was too expensive to buy and she was helping me out because it was also being camped by farmers....it took us 3 days to get it but it was a great time hanging with her and chatting while we waited. I was so grateful for her help and I just love this memory cause I had never been so close with someone in a game before...or since. If there's one thing I regret about quitting FFXI it's leaving Skylynn behind. It's been 8 years but I wish I could find her and play with her again someday.

• briangeerlingsbriangeerlings Member Posts: 1

I haven't had a chance to play Final Fantasy XIV yet, but my favorite FF moment is either "growing up" in the original Final Fantasy (class change is fun!), or Palom and Porom from Final Fantasy II.  Them constantly harassing and punching each other always cracked me up - it reminded me of two of my good friends growing up.

I'd love to try the MMO - I've heard good things since the revamp!

• PsycospankPsycospank Member UncommonPosts: 36

I have been interested in the lore of Final Fantasy since the beginning, it is original, inspiring and cool. Having a graphics card and a copy of the game will give me the opportunity to see more of this developing and interesting world. The influence that FF has had on the gaming community is easily unprecedented placing this franchise one of the most incredible of all times.

With or with out winning it is clear the historical impact that FF has and obviously a franchise worth playing.

• ChillbillyChillbilly Member Posts: 12

My favorite FF story happened several years ago. My son who was around 10 at the time came to me complaining of being bored and wanting to buy a new game for his computer. Being a lifelong gamer myself I understood and asked what kind of game was he looking for. He didn't know just something good that will last a while he told me. So after about an hour of looking around online we weren't any closer to finding anything.

He went back to his room kind of disappointed and I felt sorry for him. Then I had an idea, I went to the attic and found my old original playstation that I packed up years before and a box of games. I must have about 50 or so games for that old system but I was only interested in 1. Once I had it all together I went down to his room and handed him my old playstation and a single game.

To say he was skeptical is an understatement, he grew up in a house that always had at least one current generation game system and 3 good gaming PC's and here I was handing him an old dusty playstation and one old game. So before he could complain I just said "Try it". So we hooked up the playstation and miracle of miracles it still worked, then the moment of truth. I opened the lid of the playstation and inserted Disc 1 of Final Fantasy VII.

Once the game got started I told him to overlook the graphics and just pay attention to the story. After getting him settled I left him alone to play. He has been a FF fan ever since and has gone up against Sepheroth countless times since.

I remember playing that same game when I was his age and I loved every second of it, so watching my son fire it up after all those years and loving it as much as I did when it was new was something I'll never forget.

• ThecowlordThecowlord Member Posts: 10

I have never played the game, I'd rather see the prise going to a real fan but I thought I'd throw my body in here. My only knowledge about FF is watching  Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children movie many times.

Just can't get enough of that movie.

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

Final Fantasy 3 (not sure what number it technically is, but this is what it was called for my SNES)  I played this game, over, and over, and over.  One of the best RPGS of all time, an epic story, Terra and the Espers, the ghost train, the opera, 2 of my favorite FF chars of all time Edgar and Sabin.  Man what a great game. 

Nothing beat the feeling of getting to Kefka for the first time and having that long epic battle with him.  It's one of my favorite games of all time.  If you haven't played this game, I encourage you to somehow get a hold of it one way or another if you can handle SNES graphics, and play it, you won't regret it.

Ok I looked it up I guess it was actually FF VI, but it was FF3 on my SNES.

• Orange_ZOrange_Z Member Posts: 31
    My best moment with FF franchise was in FFXIII game, when I first met Lightning. She's my favourite. I adore her !!! I Love her !!!
  • splink007splink007 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    i remember the day my imported copy for the pc came in ... i bought a brand new nec laptop to play it.. then in 2001 i had a friend grab me a wonderswan and FF while in japan.   He is my best friend to this day.  poor guy spent 3 hours in customs because of all the stuff we had him bring back with him..  all worth it for portable final fantasy
  • Xeribol8291Xeribol8291 Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moment was when I played my first Final Fantasy game. My cousin let me start a new game of Final Fantasy VIII when I visited, and I became entranced in the world and story. Ever since, I've been hooked on all things Final Fantasy and Square. I'd remember watching him play VIII for a while, seeing what was to come up in my run of the game when it was my turn. That was my introduction not only to Final Fantasy, but RPGs in general.
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

Well my first favorite was when I bought Final fantasy 1, I could just play that game forever.

Second has to be Final fantasy 7, it's the best RPG ever made, this is the champion of all RPGs ever released maybe all games ever. No matter how much I love the games Square enix make nothing will ever top that one.

I have a copy of Final fantasy 7 on my PC now and I have 5 little gaming kids and I always let them (force) play this game first so they can experience the thrill that I felt when playing it. So far two of my little gamers has come to age and they have played it and loved it (three litlle ones left).

This discussion has been closed.