Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's buying after trying out the beta?

1356715

Comments

  • -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852


    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Serious? A true MMORPG Champion tries all games no matter what the cost is! Of course I will be getting it after I have tried the beta. It is a new fuzzy feeling. :)The question is, are you a true MMORPG Champion?

    I have a warm fuzzy feeling not spending any money this time around, since i can use the paper money to reinforce my clothes, it's pretty cold outside and newspaper are out of fashion.

  • odienmanodienman Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by JJ82
    Originally posted by odienman

    I can't recall a game in recent memory that has gotten so much hate and predictions of failure.  I myself have been wondering what game people have been playing, since  it's probably the first MMO I actually like the PvE of (I've mainly only played MMO's for PvP and shooting the shit with buddies).  I hear all this crap about combat sucking and what not, but so far its alright.  The only games combat that was remotely fun (PvE) was City of Hero's due to knocking shit around.  But pretty much all MMO's fall into this predictable wade up to a enemy that can see you from a mile away and yet don't get concerned or attack you first. Moments later they let you engage it on your terms and do so with little regard of threat.  ESO is slightly better and yes the collision things is kinda of a sore spot for brief moments (but not that bad, and has improved continously..... it is beta after all).

    1. SWTOR received as much if not more hate near the end of its beta.

    2. How good the combat is comes down to the individuals personal experience with previous games. To me its really bad because I have played games like AoC, Tera, Vindictus, hell even GW2 has far better combat and I only could stand playing that game for a few months.

    3. The above is why I gave an audible chuckle when reading your statement that all MMOs fall into the predictable wade up to an enemy comment, because its just plain wrong, you have limited yourself to MMOs with bland combat.

    4. Talk to me about the lack of collision being not that bad after having PvPed...........its jaw droppingly stupid to not have it in a game built around end game PvP.

    JJ82,

     

    I realize it all comes down to opinion on what we like, I honestly found GW2 to be a galactic let down with spammy combat and AoC another huge let down with horrible performance, balance and combat that felt glued to the ground.  Never tried Tera or Vind.

     

    One question though about 3.  What game has not had easy, predictable, dumb ai monsters?  Yes Raid bosses have a little scripted life to them, which you learn over a few tries, but its all simple.

  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

    Love this f*&&^ing game!!  If you dig up one or two of my old posts you will find me crapping all over ESO and predicting failure but after trying this game yesterday I am really shocked in a good way. Will without question be buying and cannot wait to explore this huge open world, Best looking MMO to date an they really naile that Elder scrolls feel.

    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

  • VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    tried rvr, yes will buy it
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    ALREADY DID CE BABY XD
  • EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Nope, no way... I'm even considering trying to leave the raffle...
  • sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249

    I really tried to like the game, but about all it did for me was motivate me to make a new game in skyrim. I will not be buying. (Played 10+ hours with a friend lanning).

     I've been here a while...
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,187
    Originally posted by JJ82
    Originally posted by odienman

    I can't recall a game in recent memory that has gotten so much hate and predictions of failure.  I myself have been wondering what game people have been playing, since  it's probably the first MMO I actually like the PvE of (I've mainly only played MMO's for PvP and shooting the shit with buddies).  I hear all this crap about combat sucking and what not, but so far its alright.  The only games combat that was remotely fun (PvE) was City of Hero's due to knocking shit around.  But pretty much all MMO's fall into this predictable wade up to a enemy that can see you from a mile away and yet don't get concerned or attack you first. Moments later they let you engage it on your terms and do so with little regard of threat.  ESO is slightly better and yes the collision things is kinda of a sore spot for brief moments (but not that bad, and has improved continously..... it is beta after all).

    1. SWTOR received as much if not more hate near the end of its beta. I followed that game closely and it actually received more positive reactions around this time and even from reviewers at release. Then everyone claimed that all of the reviewers were paid by EA and there were a lot of injured forum goers when Mike B on this site gave it a good review. Though in the end that game didn't come close to expectations  (mine and a lot of others) with regard to Sub numbers, its still hanging around doing just fine and is a solid game for those who like the linear single player story focus of that game. I was disappointed I had no desire to get to end level and stopped in the mid 40s.

    2. How good the combat is comes down to the individuals personal experience with previous games. To me its really bad because I have played games like AoC, Tera, Vindictus, hell even GW2 has far better combat and I only could stand playing that game for a few months. To me the combat feels very Elder Scrollish. I never had an issue with it in the single players games, but I also don't mind tab targeting. I'm just flexible I guess. I liked GW2 combat as well to some degree, but I didn't think it was any better...because that game lacked skill progression after the first 20 levels and like you I got bored. Totally agree with you (which is a first) that is down to personal experience.

    3. The above is why I gave an audible chuckle when reading your statement that all MMOs fall into the predictable wade up to an enemy comment, because its just plain wrong, you have limited yourself to MMOs with bland combat. I've played WOW, EQ2, AOC, Rift, Aion, Allods online, Vanguard, LOTRO, GW2, SWTOR, Rift, Warhammer, Star Trek, Final Fantasy, probably others and I have yet to see any MMO where I was like "WOW, the enemy AI is so much better than other games". SWTOR developers promised that and I think they didn't come close to what was promised specifically for enemy AI.

    4. Talk to me about the lack of collision being not that bad after having PvPed...........its jaw droppingly stupid to not have it in a game built around end game PvP. Though I understand the reasons for lack of collision, I actually agree with you on this for just about all MMOs for both PVE and PVP, It just feels more immersive to me, but thats just my opinion. Most games for the last 10 years have the same issue.

     

    There Is Always Hope!

  • NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346

    I'm still debating on it.  I don't hate it, but I can't say I love it.  It's still new to me right now so I have to wait until that feeling leaves before I can make a more objective decision.  What I can say is I am enjoying quite a few particular aspects about it, and I am disappointed with a few others.  But beyond that, it definitely doesn't feel like the same MMO we've been playing for the past 10 years.  And that's one major plus for me.  It actually has remnant feelings of being an honest to goodness ES game.  I just haven't seen enough of it yet to make a decision.

  • GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Originally posted by Moosah
    Cancelled mine after playing beta this weekend. 

    Same, got a refund.

    -Computer specs no one cares about: check.

    -MMOs played no one cares about: check.

    -Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

    -Signature no one cares about: check.

    ------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

  • DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

    Never pre-ordered

    Won't be pre-ordering or playing at release

    Might consider playing when it goes F2P in 6 months or so.

    The Enlightened take things Lightly

  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by DanitaKusor

    Never pre-ordered

    Won't be pre-ordering or playing at release

    Might consider playing when it goes F2P in 6 months or so.

    Not picking on you in particular, but you see all these pro subscription people on the forum and in the background the F2P folks chime in once in a while. Now there is a subscription game to release and everyone wants it to go F2P. It makes no sense. Subscription has always been the more stable payment method and in the long run you spend less. /shrug

    Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

    Yes. I like it just fine. I'm an ES fan, too.

     

    I find a lot of the criticism a bit strong. Many of the reviewers say the game sucks for various reasons and point out the shortcomings and then say it would be great as f2p. I don't see how a game can suck with one payment model and then be a great game with another.

     

    Basically, what I hear the critics saying is this game is not worth paying for but I will play it if it's free. But they seem to say that about every game, and then move on. So I hope ES stays with their original plan and keeps it sub-based. Those who want to play will play and the ravenous masses will move on to the next f2p.

     

    While I generally like RPS articles and reviews, I found this one a bit hysterical, especially where the writer spews so much venom at the npc text dialogs: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/07/hands-on-the-first-few-hours-of-elder-scrolls-online/

     

    And Angry Joe basically says the game is boring, he doesn't like the combat, it's not worth a sub, but it would be a "great" f2p game. This is what I don't understand.  Why waste time playing a suck game even if it's free?

     

     


  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Originally posted by d_20

     

     

    And Angry Joe basically says the game is boring, he doesn't like the combat, it's not worth a sub, but it would be a "great" f2p game. This is what I don't understand.  Why waste time playing a suck game even if it's free?

     

     

    because angry joe is a Agena pushing cheapskate toolbag. Angry Joe didnt hate the game he hated the pay model, This guy makes a living off reviewing games, MMo's that dont cost him a dime to play are good for his "business"

    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by d_20

    Yes. I like it just fine. I'm an ES fan, too.

     

    I find a lot of the criticism a bit strong. Many of the reviewers say the game sucks for various reasons and point out the shortcomings and then say it would be great as f2p. I don't see how a game can suck with one payment model and then be a great game with another.

     

    Basically, what I hear the critics saying is this game is not worth paying for but I will play it if it's free. But they seem to say that about every game, and then move on. So I hope ES stays with their original plan and keeps it sub-based. Those who want to play will play and the ravenous masses will move on to the next f2p.

     

    While I generally like RPS articles and reviews, I found this one a bit hysterical, especially where the writer spews so much venom at the npc text dialogs: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/07/hands-on-the-first-few-hours-of-elder-scrolls-online/

     

    And Angry Joe basically says the game is boring, he doesn't like the combat, it's not worth a sub, but it would be a "great" f2p game. This is what I don't understand.  Why waste time playing a suck game even if it's free?

     

     

    Hah Angry Joe!  The guy has never really given a review worth a hill of beans. He reminds me of when they give Conan O'Brien a game to review as the Clueless Gamer. Both are seriously clueless.

    edit: I totally agree with the rest of your comment!

    Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

  • SynadilSynadil Member Posts: 30
    After the past couple days, no. Not even if it was the only MMO available.

    image
  • LiltihiaLiltihia Member Posts: 19
    Took me maybe an hour to uninstall it and go back to playing EQNL.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by jackblit
    Took me maybe an hour to uninstall it and go back to playing EQNL.

    Ya, those games are exactly not alike at all! Probably if you like EQNL you won't like the graphics and gameplay of ESO. /shrug Makes sense, one is cartoony and the other isn't.

    Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

    I'm not making the mistake of purchasing this game. Not this time. I've made a good amount of mistakes when following mmorpg.com hype before, and so I know how to snoop out a bad game on this site long before release.

    This game will be BAD. They might improve it after release, but some of the core elements of the game are just BAD. I mean really really bad. If you like the game that's fine and all, everyone's different, but I will not give into the hype or IP.

  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by jackblit
    Took me maybe an hour to uninstall it and go back to playing EQNL.

    Ya, those games are exactly not alike at all! Probably if you like EQNL you won't like the graphics and gameplay of ESO. /shrug Makes sense, one is cartoony and the other isn't.

    I'm sure it was because he is pro-cartoon. 

  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

    It has by far the worst combat and most boring skills out of any MMO I have played, which is saying a lot. 

    Since I mostly play games for good combat / gameplay, I can't really overlook that just because it's pretty.

  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,784
    Based upon this week's beta event, I am ...NDA.  So, my plans are still...NDA.

    Let's party like it is 1863!

  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    If you are a PvP player or an Old school DAOC and Warhammer online veteran, you just gonna love this game. 
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    If you are a PvP player or an Old school DAOC and Warhammer online veteran, you just gonna love this game. 

    Yeah no.

  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Not buying. Not at least 2-3 months after release and end-game impressions. 17 levels aren't enough to convince me to preorder. 
Sign In or Register to comment.