Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• ACandyVanACandyVan Member Posts: 1

My favorite experience was earning experience and leveling up ;)

• TikikenTikiken Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Man, character creation in FFXIV took me forever with all the options, even in beta. I spent at LEAST two hours on my first character before I was satisfied. Such a robust interface, and beautiful at that! That's my favorite.
  • HormagauntXHormagauntX Member Posts: 1
    My favourite moment is learning that there will be a reboot after the disastrous 1.0 launch and that Yoshida was manning the helm. Just learning that brought back hope and the magic of FF. I emailed all my discouraged friends about that planned 2.0 chart - safe to say that everyone was definitely became interested. To this day, 2.0 is a blast. We cannot wait for the new and upcoming content.

• GrrlGrrl Member UncommonPosts: 354
    The first moment would be the first day of playing the game. It was pretty overwhelming. I got to play with my boyfriend on his PS3 meanwhile I was on the PC. Thanks to the cross-platform thingy! We explored the gorgeous world and killed stuff together.. It was alot of fun!
  • AlonKatzAlonKatz Member UncommonPosts: 3
    When i first opened the game and saw the graphics

• sinned357sinned357 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    The twins in FF II , still makes me tear up ! 
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Hard mode titan. While normal titan did a good job in looking incredible, Hard mode titan showed the game wouldn't shy from difficulty. Its over-all design just felt so satisfying seeing a fight with quite rough mechanics that relied on each individual player acting quickly, all while the platform slowly becomes smaller and smaller making things more hectic. Its something very few MMos manage to pull off having a fight appear so 'epic' in scale despite being a fight you simply jump in and verse the boss with. 
  • KoleXIIIKoleXIII Member Posts: 2

I'm wondering can it be any other thing than Sephiroth killing Aerith? At the time it happened I was simply shocked. The thought process was something like: "Oh he's dropping in, this will be an interesting duel...OMG he killed her! You can't do that! That kinda thing doesn't happen in games! Oh my she must get ressurected somehow...." And then the sadness, depression, anger and returning back to the game to make him pay...

Looking back to it now I go pass the sadness and pain and focus on the fact it made me look at games differently from that point on. So, with all the melancholy, that is still my favourite moment in all the FF games .

• AriknokAriknok Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Playing FF VI for the first time on the SNES, simply amazing game!
  • manslayer68manslayer68 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    setting the game graphic to max just to see all of the game details at its best
  • paladin016paladin016 Member Posts: 27
    This game is just... EPIC! First game i ACTUALLY save up every month to pay my parents to play and boy it's worth it! I mean i have a crap computer and i get low fps, but i can only imagine how it would look more detailed :') Anyways, i just play casually, after school crafting away, and some questing/grinding. It overall just relaxes me! xD i had already traveled about everywhere and i'm just in love with the world! I'm a HUGE FF fan!!

• blackdogblackdog Member UncommonPosts: 33

I would say the best thing so far is when we a group of friends came over from Tera, to create our FC, that was great.  It is a fun game to play with friends, toward great goals, like trying to gather enough gil for our house.  oh, maybe the first time I did the miqo'te emotes. those still amuse me today.

• SystematicalSystematical Member Posts: 1
    Hearing the Final Fantasy theme while creating my first character on FF 14 was pretty sweet.
  • AppokAppok Member Posts: 20
    Never played a FF game and i love the Art style and graphics and the looks of combat look nice! and those magic spells look awesome!
  • drtack1drtack1 Member UncommonPosts: 273
    When I gained my first 10 lvls and realized it was super fun!
  • WyrdsoulWyrdsoul Member UncommonPosts: 26
    The  joy felt when playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time. Then the excitement t  when playing onlne again many years later. Plus who doesn't love moogles ? 
  • MaitraderMaitrader Member UncommonPosts: 389
    My absolute favorite moment in the Final Fantasy franchise came when I was 12 and was playing Final Fantasy 2 (I think it is FF IV in Japan). I had played non-stop and had reached the final battle with Zemus/Zeromus. The game went from epic to mythical! I remember even at my young age (after the party had been defeated when zemus morphed to zeromus, I had developed that emotional connection to Golbez and FuSoYa. When they were defeated and the party were all KO'ed, and all the towns and people that I had visited started praying, it got me emotional. Although it took a few tries, the zeal of the prayers that all sent my characters I utilized personally, allowing me to defeat Zeromus and beat the game... For a game to touch you that deeply (when you are a child no less) can only be done by Squaresoft/Square Enix.... A memory I shant forget! Thank you Square!

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043

Alright, here we go.

I was on the Ultros Server, in-game name was Cymdai.

After capping out in the content, I realized that I had not explored much of the world in the game. Sure, we had seen many of the zones, but not the most beautiful aspects of the zones. We got on our mounts of choice, my friend Kupo Nut and I, and we traversed the in-game world. We went to the most scenic spots we could find in each zone, and checked them out during different phases and weather cycles of the day and night. We weren't just sitting there; we'd craft with the pictures in the background.

Whether it was the floating palaces off in the distance, or watching sun set on the cliffs and the cascading waterfalls, or even catching the cities in the distance view. It was all so fantastic. The only part that made it better was that we were progressing the entire time. Whether it was leveling the Goldsmith, or the Weaver, or the Leatherworker, we always had a fantastic view.

During all the leisure time, we formed a stellar guild. The "Veterans of Valkurm", which was arguably the best decision I ever made in game. Because we had slowed down, we forged a community of wonderful, patient, caring players. People. We'd chat and forge friendships while we traveled the world of Eorzea and crafted goods to trade. With the time we spent and the items we crafted, we simultaneously helped gear up our free company.

The best moment, though, was during our journey (which started as 2 and eventually had as many as 7 of us traveling around and seeing the sights together) when we were traveling to our next location, and the storm began. Without realizing what was happening, we saw him appear. Odin was standing right before us. We had never seen him before, but we knew he was a big deal. Sure enough, we saw hordes of players charging towards him, setting up for the inevitable war that was about to begin. We all switched classes, geared up, and got ready to battle. We hailed the rest of the FC, and everyone teleported and charged. And then the fight began. We did everything in our power, and with dozens of other players, and it was an adrenaline rush. As we got him low, he readied his skill, and everyone charged at him with everything strong skill they had. But then it happened. At 2% health, he wiped us. All of us. Nearly everyone died instantly. 

It was a final reminder during our journeys that not every corner of Eorzea was meant to be conquered. But it was glorious. No one was mad. We were all disappointed, sure, but we laughed about it. Comradery was had. There were jokes in the FC chat about "Next time I'm gonna _______". This was a secret which we had not been privvy to, and it was quite the surprise.

And as we saddled up and grouped, we prepared to explore the world again, wondering what other surprises might lie ahead... though I doubt any of them will catch us quite off guard as encountering Odin did :)

That's my fondest memory of FFXIV!

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• TundarianTundarian Member Posts: 1
    I havent really played any of the final fantasy games, but I would have to say my favorite with them was when my girlfriend and I were beta testing and we had fun hanging out in the towns and outpost, she made a munchkin character and I was a kitty character and she would jump over me and got close enough to me to use an emote to pet my character :D
  • GENoverkillGENoverkill Member UncommonPosts: 2
    ...ffxi people will relate... spamming chat to form a party... and having to wait hours for a good one.
  • atycrothatycroth Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Was when I got into the first beta and say the first benchmark test run on my computer
  • reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Haven't played FFXIV, but I did love FFVIII.   I had never considered the series, but I saw a friend playing it and saw that first cutscene, and I just had to play.  I did practically nothing else until I had finished :)
  • yumejiyumeji Member UncommonPosts: 3

My best experience? When I completed the first dungeon with three of my most precious friends. Not only there was a feeling of achievement... But also, those people I knew from outside the game, I knew I would always be able to count on them in this Realm as well.

And I was right. They were faster and achieved a lot more things than me in the following months, but they were always there giving me a hand and cheering me on. When I reached my first level cap and joined them in the end game content, while I expected it to be the end, it actually became a Rebirth and new beginning, a new world and new objectives revealing to me.

So whenever I need a push, I think about that first dungeon we tackled together, and our friendship that never failed and helped us complete all those trials ever after.

• AventhiaAventhia Member CommonPosts: 1

It's really hard to choose just one event out of all the wonderful experiences I've had with the series, but I guess I'll have to go all the way back to the very first Final Fantasy I played... That would be Final Fantasy VII like with many others. I still remember going to the gamestore with my littlebrother, pondering whether we should grab VII or VIII... We ended up buying VII and I can clearly remember we were determined to name Cloud "Jack".

I think one of the most memorable moments had to be when the two of us wandered to Wall Market for the first time. We laughed when we managed to get "Jack" inside Honey Bee Inn and got some sexy lingerie for the poor bugger... And "Jack" in a dress and a wig? That's was simply silly! I think the whole Wall Market -experience as a whole is what I treasure the most. It was the first Final Fantasy for me and I got to share the experience with my brother.

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139
    Final Fantasy VI when Locke jumped onto a chocobo while the Figaro castle was sinking!
This discussion has been closed.