Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• NeocasterNeocaster Member UncommonPosts: 24
    In FFXIV, I had a blast during early days playing with my brother who lives in another state. Was a good reason to get a phone and play together on computer. 
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Killing Ozma after dieing 2 million times >.< damn that thing pissed me off

• EiregardEiregard Member UncommonPosts: 3

Neverplayed it, does that still count?

• brucey42085brucey42085 Member Posts: 4
    the first time i played final fantasy tactics, and again maybe a decade later when i picked it up again and actually understood what i was doing.
  • jopjejopje Member Posts: 1

When I went to the rental shop every week to spend all my pocket money on FFVII for the PSX. 

The day that I reached the point that Aeris died and I brought back the game with tears, as I wanted to continue and the shop owner told me I could keep the game. 

• robbinwurobbinwu Member Posts: 1
    This FFXIV so addicting..!! At first i play it casually, but later it gets hardcore... I lost my job, i don't care later i'll get new job. I even dump my GF because of this..! buhuhuhuu... Yoshidaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! @__@
  • MerohilMerohil Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Final fantasy VIII when Squall gives his speech before the battle!!! Such a great moment of story telling and character development. Plus I think its the best speech in any game I have ever played. This is one of the moments in playing through all the ffs that really sticks with me. Also the battle was epic! "I don’t want anyone to look back and regret this day. So just this once, I want you guys to give everything you’ve got! For yourselves and for me!’ - Squall

• averice666averice666 Member Posts: 9
    The best part of any FF game for me is the story. I love playing through the story, all the side missions and coming to know all the characters.  I love finding hidden items and collecting better gear through the games as well. FF is the go to RPG I play. I love Kefka as well.
  • cobern21cobern21 Member Posts: 3
    my favorite moment is when I was able to beat titan hm after trying for 2 weeks.
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Despite my username being taken from a certain sorrowful tale (CORRECTION/EDIT: I changed my username to Aulliwyn but it was/has been Lucrecia for many years) concerning everyone's beloved Vincent Valentine, in fact it was when I was young and naive and Terra's big reveal happened...yeah...I didn't see that one coming and that moment stuck to me for a long while. Even longer than my FF7 boycott when Aeris died.  But, to be honest, as much as I adore my Final Fantasy memories; I wish more appreciation was shown towards the other Squaresoft works, namely, Vagrant Story. Ashley Riot's story is something that every Square-Enix fan should experience.

• DouglastonDouglaston Member Posts: 4
    looking forward to starting this adventure for the first time
  • ArcinArcin Member Posts: 1

I was a wee black mage in ffxi (tarutaru) when me and a group of blm's were crankin out a BCNM called 'the worm turns.' We actually got the record for the fastest completion time in the Odin server.  Also being my turn for the loot after completion, I'm just so excited and ready to see what I get. I looked at my loot and estimated it at about 200k, which was pretty bad but, I guess I couldn't really complain at the time because it was something. Maybe buy an elemental staff or two. I was had got so carried away with things, that I just walked right on out the zone. Didn't even claim any of my loot, and lost the whole entire chest! ):

Now-a-days i'm playing FFXIV! And what did I see? A fate called The Worms Turn, saw it and just began to think to myself, boy if I could go back in time and play FFXI all over again!

• travenkirkwalltravenkirkwall Member UncommonPosts: 1
    my best  moment  was  when Naoki Yoshida became producer for the game as a 1.0 player i knew if anyone can make FF 14 good it was him pvp champ in dark age Naoki Yoshida he is not just a dev but a player and is contact with the players in live letters payed off.
  • BlastoTheRocketBoyBlastoTheRocketBoy Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I'd have to say my best and most memorable takeaway from my experience, has been meeting in game, then in real life my now newest best friends and roommates :D
  • OhMyGothOhMyGoth Member UncommonPosts: 56
    My favorite moment had to be the drunken Ifrit HM run my FC did for fun.  We had just wiped and on the start of the second attempt. The tank asked on vent if everyone was ready. We all said yes and he said "ok i got this" then proceeded to run in. He forgets to shield lob and runs past Ifrit and is auto running against the fire wall. Everyone was attacking Ifrit and laughing at the tank on vent, until he finally realized he wasn't tanking. We eventually beat Ifrit, but the next day he didn't remember it. Still to this day we joke about it, just one of the many drunken FC runs we have done lol.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

The first time I completed Garuda (hard).  We tried and tried, and almost had her several times.  With the last sliver of durability left on our armor, we were able to defeat her with only myself living with 38 health remaining :D  This game has the best fights out of any MMO :)

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Late one night,,, I met this girl,,, And it was a guy !
  • jaymiechanjaymiechan Member Posts: 1
    Honestly, my favorite moment was realizing that, in the correlation between FFXII and Star Wars, Penelo was....the droids.
  • KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173
    My favorite moment in my time with Final Fantasy XIV so far has been attaining the White Mage Job crystal. The game really clicked for me after I got past level 30.
  • Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120
    My favorite thing about the Final Fantasy series in general is the epic story line.
  • windforcekfwindforcekf Member UncommonPosts: 1
    My favorite, and probably the most memorable, experience with the Final Fantasy series would definitely be back in my college co-ed dorm. I stayed with a roommate and we were awkward with one another. One day, she decided to break out the PS2 and among the games was Final Fantasy X. she told me try it out and I was instantly hooked.  I totally loved the blitzball minigame. Yup, FFX was the icebreaker - and she is now my wife. Thank you FF!
  • gxizhegxizhe Member UncommonPosts: 23

When I put the FF13 disc into my PS3 and launched the game

The game was just stunning, that was my first current-gen console experience

• Angermind87Angermind87 Member Posts: 1
    Final Fantasy made my childhood better :) GL everyone 
  • johhnywavejohhnywave Member Posts: 1
    Definitely the opening scene. Only other game I turned on and had a "this is something different" feeling before the actual gameplay started was COD4.
This discussion has been closed.