Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• lordrygarlordrygar Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Well, FF XIV can be described using three words: Open world gameplay. The fantastic concept of the world and the awesome gameplay, connected to the unique classes in Final Fantasy Series. The game show us how amazing is a fantasy in the world, with magic and creation.
  • VarazVaraz Member UncommonPosts: 1
    One of best moments i remember are from FF6. Pushing combination to perform special attacks, hunting that damn boss in the sky to get Bahamut esper, opera event and many more. 
  • PudgymanPudgyman Member Posts: 7
    My best FF gaming experience was discovering you can use phoenix downs and potions against Gi Nattak in FF7. My mind was blown at the complexity of healing an undead but it made perfect sense. My worldview was never the same again.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Great memories of first time grouping in FF11 such awesome challenges learning those grouip mechanics , would like to tfy RR
  • maciohindamaciohinda Member UncommonPosts: 4
    All Right, something original. I have to win
  • ZiipperZiipper Member Posts: 4
    The truly amazing graphics in the world of Eorzea and to think how much better there going to look with that new NVIDIA GTX 650
  • PolterkindPolterkind Member UncommonPosts: 3
    My favorite moment of FF XiV was when I walked to the edge of a cliff in Limsa Lominsa, and just saw for miles. The environments in this game are truly well done. Beautiful, while not trying for realism. 
  • xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    The entire scene where Aris dies in FF7. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• kjb619kjb619 Member Posts: 7

My free company helped me with hard mode Titan when I was clearly under-geared.  The entire fight involved me desperately trying to stay alive and running and jumping around and healing only myself. I immediately became the cause of the entire party's uncontrollable laughter as they all began to make bets and pools on how long I could POSSIBLY survive.

This made me more determined than ever to survive the entire fight. The laughter continued as they all attempted to guess the actual moment I would go down hard. I continued to heal and shield myself and sprint around the arena as a tiny white mage Lallafell (which only added to the comic relief of my "friends"). When I survived during moments when everyone was convinced I would go down ("Here it comes! No way he survives this one!") would send up roars of more laughter and "OH!'s" like I just narrowly dodged a train in real life. 

This went on until lines of bombs began dropping in quick succession and (spoiler alert) it blew up before I could sprint to the correct side which put me flat on my face. While I could hear a small hint of hope that people had for me to make it through the entire fight, it quickly vanished by the loud bursts of laughter from the rest of the group as they began making more bets on how long the next victim would last on the next run. 

While I was the butt of the joke, it was extremely fun (and hilarious) attempting to survive much longer than anyone expected. Although I failed to survive the entire fight, I did manage to survive longer than any of the other "newbs" that were attempting this particular fight much too soon.

Good times. =)

• DreamorDreamor Member UncommonPosts: 2
    My favorite Final Fantasy moment was the first time i started up Final Fantasy 7, and watched the opening scene in awe. 
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    One of the best things I've experienced playing FFXIV is being able to enjoy one of the best MMOs I've ever seen and feeling all the nostalgia from other FF titles.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523
    FFXIV 2.0, my favorite experience was simply hanging out in game with the group of friends I made. We could spend hours just relaxing on mumble while having a few drinks and talking for hours, while playing together in game. 

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• airstrikeairstrike Member UncommonPosts: 373

When I first entered the world and it was bustling with players and social activities! Was awesome!

• BoudewijnsBoudewijns Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by MikeB

In celebration of the recently launched FFXIV NVIDIA bundle, MMORPG.com has partnered with Square Enix and NVIDIA to give away two copies of the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition (physical, Windows PC) signed by Naoki Yoshida and two eVGA NVIDIA GTX 650 graphics cards.

Yeah, that is some serious swag! We're going to make entering this giveaway incredibly simple, too. All you need to do is tell us about your best or most unique experience in Final Fantasy XIV in the comments below. Alternatively, if you've never played FFXIV, tell us about your favorite experience with the Final Fantasy series of games.

We'll be accepting entries between now and Friday, February14 at 5PM ET. We'll select our top two favorite entries and announce our winners later that evening.

Two Winners Will Receive:

• 1x FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition signed by Naoki Yoshida
    • 1x eVGA NVIDIA GTX 650 graphics card
    Please only submit one entry in the comments below. Users found to have submitted multiple entries will be disqualified from the contest.

i have actualy 2 favorite moments

First was in beta when i fought Ifrit for the first time, the graphics was OMFG how the bleep did they manage todo this on such mid range graphics card.(GT 430 here^^)

SEcond one is actualy a spoiler for those that dont have the game yet, is right after titan when i visited Waking Sands, i was like WTF... is going on here ... i was realy shook up when i entered Waking Sands.

• cyberkillcyberkill Member UncommonPosts: 47
    The moment I found out I could be a mini horse riding the magical horse bird! 

• hungryguyyhungryguyy Member Posts: 1
    My favorite moment in FF XIV was when i started playing the beta. I feel as if it was yesterday, making my first character (Which was a Lalafell, still have a picture of him on my desktop). I loved how much you could customize your character to make them totally unique! The feeling of getting to play every few weekends was totally worth staying up until 5 in the morning. Had to make my Lalafell a pugilist, favorite class hands down. That epic battle music got my blood pumping at 300 Miles per second. I just wish that I could have had a better graphics card so I appreciate the beautiful game design a bit more. All in all, the game was a blast and I hope i win the contest so I can play it again!
  • jahnplayjahnplay Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I would like to enter.
    LFG? Join our GoodGamer LFG Finder web portal today! Free Android app also available.
    Sorrowsnow77 Blog
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Favorite Moment was the first time playing FF7 and thinking this is the coolest game ever. 

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    SuperNes FFIII (VI), great characters including Mog, Umaro, GoGo, and Shadow. Waiting for Shadow, because you don't leave your men behind :)
  • SubhawkSubhawk Member Posts: 6

Picking one favourite moment in the series is really hard. I loved the complete immersion each title in the series offers. 

I guess my best moment was unlocking every item and skill (that I know of ) in Final Fantasy Tactics. I loved the ability to switch and mix different class skills to create an Ultimate fighter.  Dual-wielding the most powerful Knight swords with the Samurai skills was pretty memorable, as was unlocking Cloud and finding the his sword atop a mountain in a semi-secret area.The story-line in that was quite imersive, as was the methods to complete the game (skill mixing), not seen in other games of its kind (and still fairly rare today).

• Trueforral1Trueforral1 Member UncommonPosts: 35

My favourite moment in any Final Fantasy game is when you finally get access to the Steal command, and I can begin the almost obessive compulsive quest to steal anything interesting that my enemies might hold.

• neopscneopsc Member UncommonPosts: 1

my favorite moments of this game is FF3 first copy of nitendo back in a days

• TrysticTrystic Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Honestly out of all the Final Fantasy games I've played, my favorite moment was in Final Fantasy Tactics when Ramza has to fight the Dark Knight Gafgarion by himself while the rest of his party fights on the other side of a gate. I lost one of my favorite characters in that fight but I didn't want to try it again because I barely won and wanted to see the next part of the story. RIP random monk that sacrificed himself for the sake of my victory.
  • ohdisohdis Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Never really grew up rich so my fav was waking up an seening FF7 under the xmas tree i cried an ran in circles for a few mins before riping the plastic of to play it.
  • DeathJerkyDeathJerky Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Love is in the air! *Takes a BIG WHIFF*
This discussion has been closed.