Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144
    My favorite moment was encountering Ifrit and Odin for the first time in game, awesome game.
  • dagon106dagon106 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    The feel of accomplishment after downing Titan HM for the very first time for relic weapon with just tank, both healers and one bard alive, took us a good 35 minutes to do it.
  • hycxhycx Member UncommonPosts: 12
    My favorite moment was finishing the main campaign and getting the awesome mount! I really enjoyed the main story (minus all the crappy filler side quests).
  • MithrieMithrie Member Posts: 1

My greatest moment in Final Fantasy was being so impressed, so captivated by Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn that I wrote a song! Here it goes, sing along and you should recognise it:

'Now this a story all about how my life got buffed, tuned up right wow. And I’ll like to take a minute just sit right there. I’ll tell you how I became the Mi’qote of ARR-yeah. In Old Gridania, born and raised, on the Black Shroud is where I spent most of my days. Chilling out, levelling, acting all cool and shooting some FATE mobs outside of the school. Then a couple of Garleans, they were up to no good, started summoning Bahamut in my neighbourhood. I got in one little fight and Square Enix got scared and said, your moving to 2.0 in August of next year. I whistled for a mount and when it came near, the Chocobo said Kweh! and had a feather in its hair. If anything I could say that this mount was rare but I thought oh forget it yo home to The Mist-yeah. I played days of the beta about 7-8 and I said to the Choc-ie go home summon you later. Looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit at my throne as the Mi’qote of ARR-yeah.'

You know a game is good when it makes you sing!

• MindellMindell Member Posts: 2
    Why are you talking about favorite moment? FF14 is a favorite game with awesome atmosphere.
  • erranooberranoob Member Posts: 2

My favorite moment when was I walked out of the fisrt cities and simply saw the damn sky.

Nothing else.

Just the skies, rain, and lighting.

I was immediately just damn flabbergasted and still am to this day and love the hell out of it and it's one of the silly things I like most about the game.

That alone. 

• miskavmiskav Member Posts: 5
    My favorite memory/experience was playing FFIX/FF9 as a kid, it helped me through school by relieving stress, taught me English, and kept me entertained for hundreds of hours.

s

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

The chocobo when I got a ride and the music it brought back a flood of memories from FFVII.

Chamber of Chains
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

I would say my most epic moment in FFXIV was getting to town the first time and starting an emote party.  I was just trying out all the emotes (I like to know which ones to bust out at appropriate times when grouping just to make things interesting) and after a bit there were about a dozen of us dancing, cheering, etc...  It was like an instant party, no words, no invitation, just self expression through emotation!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• KiirokiKiiroki Member UncommonPosts: 1

My favorite moment in XIV was getting the unicorn mount as a female Hyur and seeing how specifically female Hyurs rode on that mount.

Though my favorite moment in all FF is in XIII at the end of chapter 8 when Sazh learns Vanille was the cause of all his troubles and is about to shoot her but then points the gun at himself, then the camera shifts to the ground and you hear gun fire. It took me a while before I could continue with chapter 9 from the shock I was in.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    My favorite moments of playing FFIV was being able to figure out the strategies of the dungeons along the way. Copperbell Mines is one of the dungeons where I had to learn to not get blown up over and over at the Green blob monster by learning to lure the blasting cap to it. Many years of gaming and running dungeons, and I found FFIV's to be the most challenging and rewarding when you beat them.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

"All you need to do is tell us about your best or most unique experience in Final Fantasy XIV in the comments below. Alternatively, if you've never played FFXIV, tell us about your favorite experience with the Final Fantasy series of games."

I haven't played ARR yet, and I don't think memories from the not-so-perfect launch of the first FF XIV would worth a Yoshi autograph :)

So I'd say FF VII. That was my first FF game, actually my first jrpg as well, and while it was a bit different and unusual from my regular "western" rpgs, I simply loved the story. FF is great in the story aspect. (same with the movies, I loved Advent Children much more than The spirits within)

on a sidenote, when you select the winners you can remove my name from the GTX650 raffle, I have a better one and I don't want to lower the chances of the others :)  I'm just posted for the signed CE chance.

• wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144
    One of my last favorite moments was when i got to cinematic with Sephiroth Angeal and Genesis in Crysis Core.
  • saohcsaohc Member Posts: 41
    I never played FF VII when it came out. I didn't even play it till I was well into high school. I borrowed the disks from a buddy of mine and I was hooked on the game. Just started into disk three when I had to give them back. Amazing game..addicting..Everything done right.
  • PanDaZmOOPanDaZmOO Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I've loved FFXIV since day one.. Even back in 1.0. The graphics are perfect and the community has always been awesome. Now I just have to get the girlfriend to play it.
  • Havik0311Havik0311 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    When I was invited to the Beta of  Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

This is my first FF game so I dont have all the history to draw upon for inspiration to make this post. I do enjoy the game though and as someone mentioned before being able to figure out the dungeons was a thrill. Unlike WoW where you have to know the fights before entering the dungeons or you get all nerd raged upon.

Good luck to all, but I hope I win. I've been thinking about building a new desktop since my laptop is starting to show its age and this would be a nice start to it.

• phoenix_genma_kenphoenix_genma_ken Member Posts: 34
    FFVIII:space sequence when u had to catch rinoa...priceless moment
  • OriginOfWavesOriginOfWaves Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Favorite moment of FFXIV actually happened for me in the beta for the first iteration of the game somewhere back in 2012. I was one of the minority that really enjoyed the tough mobs, the incredibly unpredictable crafting minigame, the silly dialog and so on. And this one day during the beta I just happen to group with 4 random people i found around Limsa Lominsa. No one knew each other from before but we immediately started RP and fooling around not really doing any quests or guildleaves but just exploring the world and getting our asses handed to us by some mean billy goats and bugs. There was so much hilarity and tearful laughter that day that it's forever etched in my mind whenever i think of  the original FFXIV or ARR.   
  • evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75
    My moment was not so much about one particular thing. It was a feeling I had while playing Final Fantasy VII. Its environments, lore, and story really came together to inspire a feeling of wonder and intrigue in me that no game has been capable of duplicating in the decades since. It was a moment where technology had risen to a level where a highly detailed fantasy world could be  represented graphically and Square seized the opportunity to create what I consider to be the greatest RPG to date. All facets of game developing came together to create a game that on whole was greater than any one part... graphics, story, music, character development, mechanics.... all well done. Of course I was a kid at the time and never could have understood all of this. All I knew was that this game truly transported me to another world. And that is the best thing that can be said about a game in my opinion.
  • NovuhzNovuhz Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Wish we had FF7 back in a new more advanced engine :)
  • CavillianCavillian Member Posts: 1
    Ive still not forgiven FF VII for killing off Aeris!
  • claytonfmclaytonfm Member UncommonPosts: 7

A special moment was when Tidus knows about his father was The Sin.

I love FF3, FF7, FF Tatics, FF10, FF Realm Reborn. Chocobo forever!

• akdereburakderebur Member UncommonPosts: 8
    When I realized that in ARR I can defy gravity using my leg muscles and jump . Something that can't be done before ARR :D
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Yuna's sending in FFX, it made me cry
This discussion has been closed.