Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Blizard gives everyone a free 90 does that mean they are selling levels?

NirrtixNirrtix Member Posts: 173
I know EQ2 does that know and frankly I think that is lame, personally I am against the free 90 crap, as enough people have at least one 90.

Nirrtix
ALPHAs:
-Pantheon
-Shroud of the Avatar
-Camelot Unchained
BETAs:
-World of Warcraft
-City of Heroes
-Star Wars Galaxies
-Saga of Ryzom
-Homeworld
-Starcraft II
-Warcraft III
-Hearthstone
-Star Wars The Old Republic
-Vanguard Saga of Heroes

Comments

• NirrtixNirrtix Member Posts: 173
    Not hating asking... i am wanting to resub but I frankly am not cool with that idea as it ruined EQ2 for me.

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Do i get a free 90 even if ive never played?

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

I do not know, when you buy the expansion supposedly you get a free 90, but what I am asking is if they are going to sell level 90 status after that. That is exactly what EQ2 did... that is why I am asking.

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Did it really ruin the game or did your mind just ruin the game for you after you heard about it? If you didn't know it was happening would the game still be ruined?

Originally posted by Ppiper
    Originally posted by Nirrtix
    I do not know, when you buy the expansion supposedly you get a free 90, but what I am asking is if they are going to sell level 90 status after that. That is exactly what EQ2 did... that is why I am asking.

both are true. You pre order and get a free 90. Supposedly they will also allow a purchase of a level 90 in their cash shop. I'm on the PTR and can create a level 90 of my choice. They even give you decent gear, not raid level but enough to start leveling 90-100/ 

The lvl 90 creation on PTR has always been there. That is for testing purposes. That does NOT have anything to do with the potential free 90s or purchasable 90s on live.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It is a lame gimmick to entice players to buy the newest xpacs.That proves they do not care one bit about the integrity of their games but only about money.

Square did something similar when trying to entice Abyssea xpac sales,they did not hand out levels but made it pretty darn easy to level,they made leveling super fast ,if you wanted and had the help you could max level in one day.

Selling of levels is the most lame thing i have ever seen in gaming and any dev that does it ,i would not support them ever again,can't be trusted to ruin their game.

I will point to another gimmick the lame SOE  pulled awhile ago,like about 4 years ago.They have soul bind gear but were selling in cash shop items to unbind them.They took a lot of flak,then removed them,then brought them back sparingly then after more flak removed them altogether.

If you want a developer to quit being a lame ass,then speak out and do something,quit supporting them if they won't listen.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

It is a lame gimmick to entice players to buy the newest xpacs.That proves they do not care one bit about the integrity of their games but only about money.

Square did something similar when trying to entice Abyssea xpac sales,they did not hand out levels but made it pretty darn easy to level,they made leveling super fast ,if you wanted and had the help you could max level in one day.

Selling of levels is the most lame thing i have ever seen in gaming and any dev that does it ,i would not support them ever again,can't be trusted to ruin their game.

I will point to another gimmick the lame SOE  pulled awhile ago,like about 4 years ago.They have soul bind gear but were selling in cash shop items to unbind them.They took a lot of flak,then removed them,then brought them back sparingly then after more flak removed them altogether.

If you want a developer to quit being a lame ass,then speak out and do something,quit supporting them if they won't listen.

Could also be the game is just so top heavy now. A lot of potential returning players don't want to wait to play with their friends, or new players. This brings everyone on the same level. If the game wasn't 10 years old I would agree with you 100%.

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     I don't have a problem with selling max level characters in game really. Honestly its not as if the leveling process is that difficult of a task anymore.  It is more of a chore than an accomplishment.  Back in the days of EQ when getting that max level was a nightmare, then it would have been cheap to do.  Of course people did sell accounts for a ton of money so you could avoid the process.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I know EQ2 does that know and frankly I think that is lame, personally I am against the free 90 crap, as enough people have at least one 90.

Do you consider the game ruined right now because they have been giving away free 80's with scroll of rez and they often offer deals to resub for a free level 85 boost if you have been away for awhile.

Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Did it really ruin the game or did your mind just ruin the game for you after you heard about it? If you didn't know it was happening would the game still be ruined?

It ruins the purpose of the game and it makes it so low level grouping is near impossible. It changes the game long term too. 

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

It ruins the purpose of the game and it makes it so low level grouping is near impossible. It changes the game long term too. 

Low level grouping for instances and pvp is far from impossible.

Originally posted by funyahns
     I don't have a problem with selling max level characters in game really. Honestly its not as if the leveling process is that difficult of a task anymore.  It is more of a chore than an accomplishment.  Back in the days of EQ when getting that max level was a nightmare, then it would have been cheap to do.  Of course people did sell accounts for a ton of money so you could avoid the process.

The leveling process is too easy because of blizzard, but if it is so easy why bother with the free 90 crap? In the end there will be noone to group with in mid level dungeons.

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

Originally posted by Wizardry

Could also be the game is just so top heavy now. A lot of potential returning players don't want to wait to play with their friends, or new players. This brings everyone on the same level. If the game wasn't 10 years old I would agree with you 100%.

That would not explain selling level 90's past the free one the expansion comes with.

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    The leveling process is too easy because of blizzard, but if it is so easy why bother with the free 90 crap? In the end there will be noone to group with in mid level dungeons.

It makes no difference to this at all, as those that enjoy the levelling process will still do it, but those that don't would just have been boosted through dungeons and other methods by friends or guilds anyway.

The free L90 thing is neither here nor there for the existing base for me as it just makes it easier for returning players to taste the expansion from day one when it comes out, that is what i see the aim being. The selling of the L90 boost has not been announced as officially happening yet, it is something that they are thinking of doing, but again, i don't see an issue as it isn't providing a pay to win scenario. I personally enjoy the levelling experience and prefer to raise my characters that way, but some do tire of it after doing it several times, so it just provides another option for people to try out characters they may not otherwise bother with.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.