Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pros and cons..

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

So why and where will this game succeed...

- its meant to be fun and not to serious

- content is more specific geared towards players flavours with the paths system

- groupcontent is everywhere, and the open world reacts dynamically when there are more players around.

- combat is active, but still follows the trinnnity

- there is humor all over this game

- there are more group dungeons then in any other released game

- there are missions for smaller groups

- there is customisation everywhere.. 

- it comes with awesome mounts from the start

- there is housing, and customisation

-there are endgame raids

- there is instanced directly accessible fun PvP, which is a hell of a lot of fun with the positionall combat system

- the graphical style is cartoony and with bright colors, which really adds to the atmosphere the game wants to set,

- character details and armor textures are much more detailed then WoW..

- it has great naturall lookingannimations 

- it has the biggest mob diversity of all MMOs

- and more

So, does it not have any weak points?

- 2 sides PvP has had its time... Its the easy way out, sure it works, but thats about it.

- Stories and quests have not a lot of depth... For RPG players its a sad thing

- No voice overs, with the allready weak quests and stories...  They missed a chance to add real depth to the world, and voice overs could have added so much to the obvious humor in this game.

-character advancement seems to stop at max level

are there any worries?

- i really hope they can somehow make gameplay challenging again, but does that fit the fun setting?

all in all, its my personal opinion, but so far as a fun game, this seems the bestchoice at the moment...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

I agree with you OP.

Lots of great things has already been said about this game, so I would only add some shortcomings to your list: only 2 battlegrounds and no warplots at launch. 

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Nice list, but... biased. I am sure you could expand on your con list some.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by DeniZg

I agree with you OP.

Lots of great things has already been said about this game, so I would only add some shortcomings to your list: only 2 battlegrounds and no warplots at launch. 

They need to make choices, or the game would be delayed indefinately... And an mmo is an evergrowing game, so there needs to be more and more stuff to add..

the warplots itselves are a great idea, and it sounds like somthing i promoted overhere some time ago named hexwars.. I wouldnt be surprised if they even derived the idea from my orriginal post...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Heavy-armor-warriorHeavy-armor-warrior Member Posts: 222

Wild star seems ok but i like RPG's and i think i am going to try TESO first. 

Nice list OP.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Yalexy

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

If you want to chamge the things you dont like, there is allways the beta forums where you can discuss these with the developers listening...... Breaking the NDA overhere leads nowhere, espescially since other beta players with possitive experiences can not react because they do live up to the NDA.

tough what you describe is a lot like TSW combat, and that did not work for me either... For the same apparent reasons... But since its still beta, i guess they might change all of this.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

- 2 sides PvP has had its time... Its the easy way out, sure it works, but thats about it.

**GW2 has shown that 3-sided PvP isn't per se perfect either, though maybe it was just the WvW setup that broke things? Maybe with shorter matches it would have worked.

- No voice overs, with the allready weak quests and stories...  They missed a chance to add real depth to the world, and voice overs could have added so much to the obvious humor in this game.

**In SWTOR, people couldn't space bar fast enough through the VOs after a few weeks.

-character advancement seems to stop at max level

**Yea, that sucketh. Maybe they could introduce some currency you earn at max level whenever you would have leveled. Like GW2 skill points that you can use in advanced crafting.