Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for people who are only strictly PC gamers POLL

2»

Comments

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

1 thing i dont like from X1 is that MS shown their greedy with it:

24h internet connection required.

kinec needed to play and can gather your information

and no trade games, they even made a vid for it.

even though they changed after, but it because of their sell, not because they do it on their free will. people fighting years for freedom and now they lock them up. so i'm sure not gonna support them.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Playstation & Sony, because that's the one some of my friends have. I would only consider a console to play stuff with friends at home.

And I'd cross fingers for emulation of older PS games on PS4, I always regretted missing out on Team ICO's titles etc.

Nintendo... Well, I have emulators for that atm :p

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I don't game on consoles, but I do own a PS3 in order to stream neflix and amazon.  I tried streaming through the TV and DVD players, but they always had stuttering issues, the PS3 does not  : )  It came with a free game, something something black box, but I've never been inclined to try it nor interested in any other games.  I hate controllers and fast action combat.

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

Though not "strictly" a PC gamer, i do most of my gaming on PC. I have a PS3 which i use mostly as a home theater system. I also had a 360 that RROD'd twice so i guess my vote will, unsurprisingly, go to Sony.  

I would also like to add that, having seen 1st hand what the Occulus Rift can do, I think this gen is gonna be really mean to consoles unless they can find some way to make the OR work with their hardware. The Kinect and Move crap can't even begin to compare with the experience you can get with the OR. 

Was gonna purchase the PS4 in June this year but now i'am just gonna save up to get a beastly rig + the OR kit. 

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

360 for last generation, PS4 for new generation. I haven't bought a console since the original Xbox but I am buying a PS4 for Destiny and the next iteration of Virtua Fighter for sure.

I haven't liked Nintendo systems since the GBA aside from the Mario game on N64 and Ocarina of Time I just don't like Nintendo systems for 3d games. 2d absolutely, 3d go away.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Just can't vote for any of those 3, none appeal to me for the same reasons, their primary UI is not a mouse and keyboard and I feel games designed around controllers are limited in ways I don't care for.  (i.e. Fallout 3 and especially Skyrim are great examples)

The new Steambox has drawn my interest, but mostly because I don't know much about it yet.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

If I had to I'd probably go with Sony.

Nintendo while fun is basically Mario and Zelda.  I don't see that changing anytime soon (though who knows with their next machine...though I wouldn't gamble on it, Mario and Zelda in cutting edge graphics...).

Microsoft's XBoxLive has always seemed greedy to me, and while PS+ isn't great either it's still not at the same level.  I don't feel like paying more to Microsoft for the privilege of going online, that's what I pay my ISP for.

Either way the PS4 and XB1 are not worth their asking price currently, in my opinion, as their game catalogue is still far too sparse.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Steam Machine.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• KatinkoKatinko Member Posts: 8
    I went with Sony because of XBL fees but really I'd probably only play some of the button-masher action titles like Devil May Cry 5 or whatever.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Sony

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Originally posted by squalleonaha
    Originally posted by Shaigh

I heard playstations online functions sucked for ps3 and I like the xbox gamepad so I guess that means I would buy an xbox one. Except I wont buy an xbox one.

I do know xbox did some really horrible presentations sounding like corporate assholes, so if playstation is equally good i would buy a playstation 4. But I wont buy a playstation 4.

I would never buy a nintendo console. Friend had a Gamecube and the gamepad was plastic crap, Wii was a fad and Wii U is a big joke.

well, you should ask yourself what do you need from a console. everything is base on personal need.

i personaly think, nintendo is awesome with their hanheld like 3ds, so many good game like zelda, pokemon, Fire emblem, harvestmoon, monster hunter, animal crossing. they might not focus into high end game, but their exclusive game is must play. and i think they are king in hanheld area.

as for X1 and PS4, they focusing into more high end game with good graphic. so it come to personal need. if you want quick action like FPS and dont like playing on PC then go for x1, they have good server since you pay for it. if you like JRPG, and dont want to pay for server for FPS then PS4 is your friend.

Its just that I never owned one, but if I did it would be for high end performance. As for x1 vs ps4, can't even get an x1 where I live so that would make ps4 a winner by default.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by squalleonaha

I heard playstations online functions sucked for ps3 and I like the xbox gamepad so I guess that means I would buy an xbox one. Except I wont buy an xbox one.

I do know xbox did some really horrible presentations sounding like corporate assholes, so if playstation is equally good i would buy a playstation 4. But I wont buy a playstation 4.

I would never buy a nintendo console. Friend had a Gamecube and the gamepad was plastic crap, Wii was a fad and Wii U is a big joke.

well, you should ask yourself what do you need from a console. everything is base on personal need.

i personaly think, nintendo is awesome with their hanheld like 3ds, so many good game like zelda, pokemon, Fire emblem, harvestmoon, monster hunter, animal crossing. they might not focus into high end game, but their exclusive game is must play. and i think they are king in hanheld area.

as for X1 and PS4, they focusing into more high end game with good graphic. so it come to personal need. if you want quick action like FPS and dont like playing on PC then go for x1, they have good server since you pay for it. if you like JRPG, and dont want to pay for server for FPS then PS4 is your friend.

Its just that I never owned one, but if I did it would be for high end performance. As for x1 vs ps4, can't even get an x1 where I live so that would make ps4 a winner by default.

The only non-PC gaming device I am even remotely interested in is the Nivida shield but even with that my PC is literally 3 feet from my couch....

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067

Sony of course have been since I played FF on PS 1. Don't play on the console anymore last one I bought was a PS 3 for my son.

Chamber of Chains
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

will depend on what games each console will offer, I tend to go for sony but only for shin megami tensei series ,Final Fantasy and gran turismo, xbox never show anything I'm willing to play with it don't have on PC or playstation, on nintendo I like the metroid (the old ones really) zelda (not the ones who link is cartooned though) and mario.

but I tend to stay on PC and don't see my buying a PS3 or PS4 or WII U, most games I play now are online, when I have internet problems I play my SP games, I also tend every once in while run my emulators and play the old snes games and given time all consoles will have a emulator to run on PC, so I would only require to buy the games and run on my pc.

so I don't even have a reason to buy a console

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Sony
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Played on a gaming rig. Got the ps4 + vita now and I like it soo much more!! I vote, Sony.

• Chili1179Chili1179 Member Posts: 1

Before the PS3 my last console was a Sega Dreamcast.

I like the PS3 but I am an avid PC gamer.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Im surprised at people voting steam machines.  Its just a PC using SteamOS with the steam logo somewhere on the case o.o  Im sure that you guys have much better pcs than that...Just download SteamOS and put a steam sticker on it! 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

If you buy any gaming console based solely off the specs you are an idiot... sorry but it's just the cold hard truth. The only thing that  a console can be measured by is the games it supports. I won't even consider a console choice until they've been on the market for at least a year and then I will base my choice solely off of what games are available for each. As for the rest of the BS they add to consoles these days... they can keep all of it. I have a dozen other devices for those things I don't need one more. To me a console is a gaming machine pure and simple. The fact that they are trying to turn the console into some half assed media center means that I probably will never buy a newer console as I think the console manufacturers have lost sight of the purpose of the GAMING CONSOLE.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }