Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox One versus PS4

2»

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

Xbox has always been marketed towards the average American teenager which is great for them hence why their popular exclusives are usually linear/competitive shooters with beefed up protagonist with big guns and simple plots (Gears of War/Halo for examples).  They tried to put in a few jrpgs and other types but never got much recognition.

While Playstation consoles have more variety of exclusives with more adult minded themes and complex plots through its history (Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, majority of Metal Gear series, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7 for examples)

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Dewguy79
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

Xbox has always been marketed towards the average American teenager which is great for them hence why their popular exclusives are usually linear/competitive shooters with beefed up protagonist with big guns and simple plots (Gears of War/Halo for examples).  They tried to put in a few jrpgs and other types but never got much recognition.

While Playstation consoles have more variety of exclusives with more adult minded themes and complex plots through its history (Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, majority of Metal Gear series, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7 for examples)

Hmm that would make sense except it's complete BS.

For one Metal Gear is coming to the Xbox one, then there is Destiny, ESO, Titan Fall, the Witcher , Fable, watch dogs, the division, dragon age,mass effect,dead rising 3 , etc etc.  Nice try but a complete joke.  

Not sure what the deal is they are both good consoles and to spout things with absolutely no proof and are just purely bias opinions as fact is ridiculous.  Both consoles will continue to sell millions you might as well get over it. 

I was talking about strictly exclusives, they are usually competitive shooters with beefed up characters and as I said "majority" of Metal Gear series has been on playstation consoles in the past and I will bet you MGS 5 will sell more on a PS4 than Xbox One.  And I made it pretty clear in my first sentence that I was talking about exclusives.  I also made it clear that most games that werent shooters didnt do any where near the success of the shooters on Xbox consoles such as JRPGs like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.  Tales of Vesperia Sold more on PS3 too.

Even on Xbox One the most hyped game they are promoting is another competitive multi-player shooter which is Titanfall.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,853

Originally posted by Dewguy79
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo Originally posted by Dewguy79 Originally posted by ElRenmazuo Xbox has always been marketed towards the average American teenager which is great for them hence why their popular exclusives are usually linear/competitive shooters with beefed up protagonist with big guns and simple plots (Gears of War/Halo for examples).  They tried to put in a few jrpgs and other types but never got much recognition. While Playstation consoles have more variety of exclusives with more adult minded themes and complex plots through its history (Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, majority of Metal Gear series, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7 for examples)
      Hmm that would make sense except it's complete BS. For one Metal Gear is coming to the Xbox one, then there is Destiny, ESO, Titan Fall, the Witcher , Fable, watch dogs, the division, dragon age,mass effect,dead rising 3 , etc etc.  Nice try but a complete joke.   Not sure what the deal is they are both good consoles and to spout things with absolutely no proof and are just purely bias opinions as fact is ridiculous.  Both consoles will continue to sell millions you might as well get over it. 
    I was talking about strictly exclusives, they are usually competitive shooters with beefed up characters and as I said "majority" of Metal Gear series has been on playstation consoles in the past and I will bet you MGS 5 will sell more on a PS4 than Xbox One.  And I made it pretty clear in my first sentence that I was talking about exclusives.  I also made it clear that most games that werent shooters didnt do any where near the success of the shooters on Xbox consoles such as JRPGs like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.  Tales of Vesperia Sold more on PS3 too. Even on Xbox One the most hyped game they are promoting is another competitive multi-player shooter which is Titanfall.
    Ah you continue your crusade against the xbox sounds like a very weird endeavor but to each their own.  As for non shooters how about, Fable legends, Forza, Quantum Break, Max Paine ect ect.  Well sorry to break the news but xbox just like the ps 4 will continue to sell millions of units even though ps4 is in 30 more territories then the xbox one and had only sold 300,000 more.  Looks like they are both extremely successful.  Hopefully it's enough to keep sony afloat, while the xbox one helps ms best expectations.  

As of December 31 2013 the PS4 was 1.2 million units ahead of the Xbox One worldwide.

As of December 31 2013

Sold to customers
    PS4 - 4.2 million
    XB1 - 3.0 million

Shipped to retailers
    XB1 - 3.9 million

Sorry to break the news to you but you are wrong.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Originally posted by grndzro

PS4 will emulate PS1 and PS2 games.

PS4 50% more powerful GPU

PS4 10% more powerful CPU

PS4 60% more bandwidth

PS4 has less OS overhead

PS4 has better API (OGL is faster than DX)

PS4 has replaceable hard drive

PS4 has online titles that do not require PS+

PS4 is less expensive.

Some of your points are wrong.

The Xbox One and PS4 use essentially the same CPU (eight AMD Jaguar cores), but the Xbox One clocks its CPU slightly higher.

The PS4 does have vastly more memory bandwidth than the Xbox One, but the Xbox One has a ton of ESRAM bandwidth to compensate.  On net, the PS4 would have more bandwidth for most purposes, but sticking any particular number on it such as your 60% is nonsense, as they're not cleanly comparable.

Given that Sony and Microsoft can write an API to fit their exact hardware, I'd be shocked if either has a vastly better API than the other.  It is probably easier to optimize code for PS4 because you don't have to worry about properly exploiting the ESRAM, but that's a hardware thing, not an API thing.