Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Queue??

Hey, i just bought world of warcraft today and i made an account and everything but i cant log in,

i was able to log in a few times until this queue message started to appear, and says i have to wait for

30 minutes, i changed my realms but still 25-30 min wait.

Anyone know how to avoid this?

Comments

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    What do you mean, is there a queue on the server? You can just pick a new server, if its something eles post a screen shot.
  • AgentMolderAgentMolder Member Posts: 31

i put my username and pass, then it says 56 people in queue or something,

then i have to wait

do i always have to wait?

• quietwolfquietwolf Member Posts: 79

You have to wait if you want to play on that particular server.

Try picking a low population server. You shouldn't have any queue ins.

Check the realm status page at the worldofwarcraft.com site to see which servers are low population.

"Whosoever shed last blood
    By man shall his blood be shed
    For immunity of God make he the man
    Destroy all that which is evil
    So that which is good may flourish
    And I shall count thee among my favored sheep
    And you shall have the protection of all the angels in Heaven."

• Firebird1Firebird1 Member Posts: 222

I must be playing at the wrong time myself. All the low realms are PVP....

::::04::

If i change realms, do i lose my characters?

cause the wait is 102 min.....................

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

Originally posted by AgentMolder

If i change realms, do i lose my characters?
    cause the wait is 102 min.....................

You will not lose your characters on that server that has the queue but if you pick another server to play in, there wont be any characters there. If you dont want to delete your characters you can wait till Jan. 3 when server tranfers open up to a new server from all the High Pop servers.
  • WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115
    Welcome to WOW. Queues and lag go hand in hand mate. They owe me days of my life just waiting in Queues. Switch to a medium Pop server, it will be your best long term bet.
  • paravionparavion Member Posts: 422
    My server the queue gets as bad as 900 something. 
  • RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611

So you're getting queues huh? As your first character, I would switch servers to one that has been developed. Let me try to explain.

There is a big list of servers you can choose from. Once you have a character made on one server, you cannot transfer it over to another unless that particular server if offering a transfer or you wait it out until they allow people to purchase a transfer.

At some moment when you've logged in, you can click on a button the says "View realm list". Once you do that, you can browse all the servers that the game has. You can sort it alpabetically, how many characters you have on that server, or by server population. If you really want to choose the right server, you can visit http://www.warcraftrealms.com/realmstats.php?PHPSESSID=4680b92caefd4ad6244694a771e460cb for a listing of all the realms available. With that site, you can get a good estimate on what classes are most popular, what type of server it is (PvP, PvE, RP, and so on), the population, the ratio of alliance to horde, and what the biggest guilds are. I have 2 level 60s on Gorefiend and that server is a little underpopulated. I wanted to reroll so myself and a few friends rerolled on Aegwynn. This server is more populated since people that got the game for Christmas were directed here. Its one of the newer servers and 60s are just starting to come up. But Aegwynn looks promising.

All in all, if I were you I'd roll on a server that has been out for a while. But before you do remember, (this is from 13 months of experience) Alliance tend to PvE more and Horde tend to PvP more. With that said, good luck in finding a server and enjoy.

• slaanislaani Member Posts: 14

The fact that queues to access the server you're paying to access still exist, a YEAR after release, makes me very happy I quit. Especially since I remember them calming us all down on the forums back at release, saying "It's only temporary, relaaaax, queues won't even exist in 2 months".

Anyway, welcome to World of Warcraft. Enjoy waiting in line.

• Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336

Omg I hate the Queue! I don't understand how they still get 4 million people to play when they still get Queue's during the peak hourse which is between 8pm to 11pm est for me at least.

Stop joining high population servers then. Problem solved.

I'm trying the ones that are even marked "new" and still can't get in...

Does anyone also get a problem when it says retriving character list and nothing happens? Like it gets stuck there...

i'm on the lowest populated server!!!...

Originally posted by Takata5

Did you even read what I wrote on page one? I said all the people that got the game for Christmas were directed to the new servers. When you look at the server selection, organize them by population and pick a medium server. The new servers get full because a lot of people suffer from altitus in the game; they start on a new server because they're bored, level to the 20s, then go back to their mains.

Originally posted by AgentMolder

i'm on the lowest populated server!!!...

My main server was marked "full" and I could log in any time I'd like (except maitenence) with no queues. Not sure how you have the same problem on a low pop server...

Originally posted by Rhevin
    I'm trying the ones that are even marked "new" and still can't get in...Did you even read what I wrote on page one? I said all the people that got the game for Christmas were directed to the new servers. When you look at the server selection, organize them by population and pick a medium server. The new servers get full because a lot of people suffer from altitus in the game; they start on a new server because they're bored, level to the 20s, then go back to their mains.

Yes i did read what you said and thanks but no thanks :P

Did you even read what I wrote on page one? I said all the people that got the game for Christmas were directed to the new servers. When you look at the server selection, organize them by population and pick a medium server. The new servers get full because a lot of people suffer from altitus in the game; they start on a new server because they're bored, level to the 20s, then go back to their mains.

Yes i did read what you said and thanks but no thanks :P

Then quit the bickering.

Originally posted by Takata5 Originally posted by RhevinOriginally posted by Takata5 I'm trying the ones that are even marked "new" and still can't get in...
    Did you even read what I wrote on page one? I said all the people that got the game for Christmas were directed to the new servers. When you look at the server selection, organize them by population and pick a medium server. The new servers get full because a lot of people suffer from altitus in the game; they start on a new server because they're bored, level to the 20s, then go back to their mains.Yes i did read what you said and thanks but no thanks :PThen quit the bickering.

Make me :P