Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of these games?

JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

Just curious really. I've taken a break from a number of mmos but I'm looking for something to keep me busy.

I'm also wondering if any of these will definitely be around for a while since games are shutting down left and right nowadays.

WoW?

Swtor?

Rift?

Firefall?

anyone have any suggestions for "good" games that are out currently? I have no idea what to play. I tried never winter just a little ago but idk,

are any of these even worth my time?

also, what are these complaints about eso?

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV

Comments

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231

WoW - barely surviving, about 8-10 servers with population left

swtor - been dead since month 2 of launch

rift - heard good things, heard bad things, havent played since launch

firefall - wtf is this?

when will a good game come out ;(

• MangonisiumMangonisium Member UncommonPosts: 23

Do you like action MMOs or tab-and-click MMOs?

If you like action MMOs, give Vindictus or Tera a shot. Also consider The Secret World, though it's not as action-y. I can't advise on tab-and-click because they bore me thus I don't play them.

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864
    Originally posted by Fearmeirl

WoW - barely surviving, about 8-10 servers with population left

swtor - been dead since month 2 of launch

rift - heard good things, heard bad things, havent played since launch

firefall - wtf is this?

when will a good game come out ;(

Yikes, you're clueless.

WoW - Still very popular. I don't understand why everyone thinks this game is dead, it's very much alive with dozens of populated servers.

SWTOR - Doing better as a F2P than it did as a P2P game. Not sure how it's dead.

Rift - Pretty decent population. I'd say it lowers than SWTOR.

Firefall - No idea. This games beta has been so bumpy that I've lost track of what's going on with it.

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Originally posted by Mangonisium

If you like action MMOs, give Vindictus or Tera a shot. Also consider The Secret World, though it's not as action-y. I can't advise on tab-and-click because they bore me thus I don't play them.

I like either or. TSW's combat animations turned me down when I played near launch.

I liked Tera but sadly the classes weren't my favorite.

as for vindictus, is vindictus I played before but is c9 better?

to the above user, you sure wow is dead? Doesn't it still have the most players?

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Tidel

I like either or. TSW's combat animations turned me down when I played near launch.

to the above user, you sure wow is dead? Doesn't it still have the most players?

I thought the guy was trolling. Wow still has 7 million players so.... yeah dead might not be the word I chose.

Try rift, SWTOR or wow again. All are very active and kind of the same but different. Try neverwinter if you want action. I hated it but it has an active following.

Blade and soul is one to keep an eye on if you're into action games. I'm looking forward to it. 

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231
    I'm playing WoW. Its fucking dead. New server merges every week, guilds disbanning/merging/quitting every other day. Its awful. You have 3 horde servers left, Illidan, M'G, and Tich. You have 3-4 Ally servers left... KT, Sage, PM, darkspear.... the rest of the realms are lucky to have guilds on them able to raid effectively, let alone do anything else the game has to offer. 
  • plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Rifts a good one, also haven't played since shortly after launch but the game was fantastic back when I was playing. it. 

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• MangonisiumMangonisium Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by Tidel
    Originally posted by Mangonisium

Well if you're asking for my personal opinion, Vindictus is way better than C9. The one problem people mainly seem to have with Vindictus is that you'll often visit the same instances to get different items for different quests, but because the combat is so fun, you may not mind it as much as some others do. I don't. Also the story is pretty top-notch. It's not your typical 'monsters have invaded the land you, the lone hero, will seal them'.

C9 didn't feel very polished or fluid when I played it, but that was literally day 1 of OBT.