Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussions, discussions, discussions.....

2»

Comments

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Those in beta are busy playing, those not in beta are busy watching the streams?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis
    Those in beta are busy playing, those not in beta are busy watching the streams?

I think i am ready, just let someone send me a beta invite

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233

The bulk of WildStar conversation is going on via other sites - mainly WildStar fansites in fact, like my own, WildStar Core, WildStar Roleplay, etc. There's a sticky at the top of this forum that links on up to them if you want to get on involved in actual game discussion.

With regards to external to the community itself - discussion from the general MMO playing populace - I feel like most of the wider potential fanbase can't see WildStar for the glare coming off TESO and EQNext. Just a personal opinion.

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

I'm actually quiet happy that this game doesn't get too much attention and hype currently, and the devs seem to actually know what they're doing taking their time not announcing a release-date just yet.

And even if it's not the best MMO in the world, it'll be enjoyable for a couple of month.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

BTW, the NDA isn't super tight anymore, right? Obviously they have people streaming as they are playing the beta.

I want to say it's something like no NDA for any content < level 15.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Many upcomming games forums are booming with discussions... yay vs nay...   Good versus bad..   Just look at EQN or ESO, so much controversions...

but why are these boards of the most fun upcomming themepark silent as death?

is it the silence before the storm?

We are discussing WildStar on other forums that are devoted to such.

"I still expect wildstar to release before TESO... it still says first quarter of 2014..."

Nope. That would be old info.

• Zap-RoboZap-Robo Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

BTW, the NDA isn't super tight anymore, right? Obviously they have people streaming as they are playing the beta.

I want to say it's something like no NDA for any content < level 15.

NDA is in place for everyone but a few hand-selected press and streamers who can only show (any) content up to L15. Aside from those individuals the NDA remains in place and unchanged.

--
    Admin @ http://wildstar-central.com/
    ZapRobo (PlanetSide 2) | Zap-Robo (The Secret World)
    @Master Zaprobo (City of Heroes) | Zaphod@Zap-Robo (Star Trek Online)

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by Drakynn

The game is under NDA,there is no release date for this game...the devs have not made any controversial statements for people to argue over,the publisher/developer has not made any controversial decisions in their game mechanics or business model at this stage that haven't been discussed.

Basically there nothing to grab onto and argue about about this game right now....that will probably change once we get a release date and we get nearer it,or the NDA lifts.

Oh, I beg to differ, sir.  You want controversial?  THEY SCALED BACK BOOB SIZE!!!!  

/ragequit

What?!?!? Those dastardly scoundrels!!!!

Well....of to wethepeople.com to start a petition to get the government to make them scale it back up!!!!!

Why? I like em small.

Well I do.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Gardavsshade
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Many upcomming games forums are booming with discussions... yay vs nay...   Good versus bad..   Just look at EQN or ESO, so much controversions...

but why are these boards of the most fun upcomming themepark silent as death?

is it the silence before the storm?

We are discussing WildStar on other forums that are devoted to such.

"I still expect wildstar to release before TESO... it still says first quarter of 2014..."

Nope. That would be old info.

Thank you, which would nean i get to play ESO before tasting wildstar...

now thats a reason to get my lazy ars intoo beta...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Im actually super excited about watching red shapes on the screen to avoid instead of watching anything else. It's what I've always wanted in my combat. I'm also am super excited about the exclamation points at quest hubs followed by the wall of text and then telling me on the map exactly where I need to go. Why there is so much silence is beyond me. The fact that the graphics are going to push my GTX 780 to its limits is exciting in and of itself.

There Is Always Hope!

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

While I'll probably check out wildstar, I've heard / seen nothing about it that really interests me.

Just seems like it'll be an average MMO really.

hard to say until i get to play, but nothing about it has made me want to get excited or talk about it.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

With my extensive experience of MMOs spanning years, there are certain things that i've come to realize as fact....some MMOs are good and some are bad. Also, some people like certain MMOs, while others do not.

That's all. Thank you