Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad game

cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

A bad game by a software company known for poor customer service, a rigged and patented matchmaker system, and a development and QA team that introduce a lot of issues with each patch ( all of this in World of Tanks).

Flight mechanics are sloppy/annoying, and my lack of faith in WG steers me away from this game. War Thunder offers a superior experience. I was a Beta tester for both games by the way - so this isn't simply a rant.

Comments

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147
    I'm a World of tanks fan. Have to say World of Planes stinks. Warthunder is far superior in every way.  Only problem though with Warthunder is the lack of players at high levels. Above level 15 and it's all bots. Their playerbase is tiny in comparison to WOT. 

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

I like World of Warplanes better than War Thunder. I have more control over my plane in WoWP than I do in WT.

It's essentially a "very fast paced" PvP game that employs planes, which means you'd better have a fast connection, low ping and a good graphics card otherwise you'll be shooting at where the plane WAS.

It not bad for a new game. It lacks depth in that it's basically "shoot the other plane down" and one tires of that soon enough. Not bad for occasional play. After 1,500 battles I now log on just occasionally. It's F2P so no harm in trying. You might like it.

World of Tanks has terrain you can hide behind and is somewhat, I repeat, somewhat deeper but WoT is a PvP game that employs tanks and that gets old after 15k battles.

The comments that the match maker is rigged is ridiculous. Rigged for what?

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by cptndunsel

a rigged and patented matchmaker system,

Yup they spent millions of dollars to design a game and then put a matchmaker in it just to make sure YOU where always on a bad team and couldn't win. Those guys must really dislike you.

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Yup they spent millions of dollars to design a game and then put a matchmaker in it just to make sure YOU where always on a bad team and couldn't win. Those guys must really dislike you.

The MM in WOT is designed to push players into a range from 45% win rate to 55% win rate based on non-platoon solo pub play. The MM tracks a players current win or loss streak and stacks the deck one way or the other if the player is losing too many or winning too many.

Example - lose too many, find yourself at the top of the food chain in next match versus inferior opponent. Win too many, find yourself at the bottom of the food chain (say you are a tier 5 medium tank - you will likely be put in a tier 6 or 7 match where you will struggle to do much).

This is all well documented. WG intent is to keep players interested. Allow players to fail and drop below 45% and risk losing them. Allow players to dominate with win rates well above 55% and you face in-game issues where opponents may quit a match, team kill the guy, etc. because of the apparent inequality. This happens today in WOT even with the rigged system.

So why will WoWP be any different once its been out for awhile?

Numbers don't lie. When you are consistently on teams averaging BELOW 50% wins versus teams averaging well above 50% its MM trying to adjust things. It has nothing to do with an individual and everything to do with the WG mindset, game design, and their hopes that players will jump to the conclusion that if only they spent some real $ for premium this or that they would be able to improve their win %, efficiency score, and whatever the metric of the day is...

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by DamonVile

The MM in WOT is designed to push players into a range from 45% win rate to 55% win rate based on non-platoon solo pub play. The MM tracks a players current win or loss streak and stacks the deck one way or the other if the player is losing too many or winning too many.

Example - lose too many, find yourself at the top of the food chain in next match versus inferior opponent. Win too many, find yourself at the bottom of the food chain (say you are a tier 5 medium tank - you will likely be put in a tier 6 or 7 match where you will struggle to do much).

This is all well documented. WG intent is to keep players interested. Allow players to fail and drop below 45% and risk losing them. Allow players to dominate with win rates well above 55% and you face in-game issues where opponents may quit a match, team kill the guy, etc. because of the apparent inequality. This happens today in WOT even with the rigged system.

So why will WoWP be any different once its been out for awhile?

Numbers don't lie. When you are consistently on teams averaging BELOW 50% wins versus teams averaging well above 50% its MM trying to adjust things. It has nothing to do with an individual and everything to do with the WG mindset, game design, and their hopes that players will jump to the conclusion that if only they spent some real $ for premium this or that they would be able to improve their win %, efficiency score, and whatever the metric of the day is...

+100%

The MM's job is to keep the largest possible pool of players in the middle of the bell-curve. If almost everyone else has stats not too far from your own, you're more likely to continue playing. Even if you're "below average", the MM will manipulate your match opponent selection so that you still have some great win every now and then.

Designing the MM any other way would be foolish, because it would mean that you don't have the maximum possible amount of players in your game. For any F2P game, maximum players is the holy grail.

Of course their is also a not-so-subtle pressure to push the player towards the highest rank. In the top rank, the MM can't mess with the player as much, because it can no longer pit him against higher tier machines, because he is at the top of the food chain. Naturally, the game developer builds-in a strong incentive for the player to spend real money to get to the top tier faster...

• StumanStuman Member UncommonPosts: 71

World of Warplanes has all of the same problems as World of Tanks, matched with shitty and unrealistic artwork for the planes, a RNG driven combat system and an overall lack of fun.

Or if you are curious, treat the game like Wargaming.net treat their customer base - use it, abuse it and once you have had your fill, dump it into your recycle bin.

Avoid this game like the plague unless you want to see exactly how crap someone can make a - what they laughingly call a "historical" - flight sim game.

There are much better put together games in this space.