Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG should be removed from mmorpg.com

Comments

• MMO_MunkMMO_Munk Member Posts: 299

Why do people bash the people that bash $OE?

I always wondered, now honestly we are ALL GEEKS HERE.

And i KNOW DAMN WELL

That if anyone elses game dev's just took a giant crap ON YOUR CHESTS.

I would defend you guys, and not the guys plopping the poopy.

$OE has destroyed yet another MMO it was a long time coming, they just ran out of subscribers to nerfbat on EQ so moved to the next oldest game they had (SWG)

If you want to look at it evilly, maybe they changed the game to attract new players to SWG and boot the Vets to OTHER $OE games that are struggling like EQ2. But that's just a thought.

But honestly let people tear $OE a new one, yes i believe the community should band together, and all together as a gaming community: 

REMOVE THIS GAME AND ALL OTHER SOE GAMES FROM THESE FINE FORUMS.

Just imagine if it was your game taken away. Months and months countless nights, of work, destroyed.

We must show this large money Company $OE, Us gamers MEAN BUSINESS, and will not TAKE THIS LIGHTLY.

I APPLAUD EVERYONE THAT has CANCELED their other $OE Subscriptions.

God knows i gave up 6 years of EQ1 1 year of EQ2 and 1 year of SWG, although i haven't played SWG in a while, I tried their 15 day free trail, and almost threw up. Its not a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER its an MMO come now.

So to all of you gobbling down $OE'S newest abomination. Defending these TYPE OF DEVS. I'm Ashamed.

thats all i got to say about that..

Currently playing Eve-Online names Panpan

awaiting Vanguard Saga of Heroes

• SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094
    I hate SOE with a passion but I say leave their games here where they are so the appropriate reviews can be added and at least give them a chance to redeem themselves. I dont think they will ever change but if they did by some miracle open up pre-cu bug free servers I would think highly of them again as I used to before the NGE. When I played and enjoyed SWG I thought it was the best game ever made and the NGE made it the worst but that dosnt mean other people shouldnt get to know about it?

{(RIP)} SWG

• TalrocTalroc Member UncommonPosts: 28

Wow this whole post takes me back to the good old days of EnB.Now what EA did to that game was a true crime,but guess what,EA is still in buisness and rated #1 (I personally think the whole company should be brought up on charges of fraud,but thats just my opinion).Yes they changed your game,yes they could have let it keep going the way it was,yes they should have done a better job in the begining,yes they should have done a better job of explaining what they were doing to change the game.But the fact is it`s thier`s to do what they want with.End of that part.As for telling MMORPG.com what they should have to do,well dont you think your special::::08:: Instead of bashing a whole company(SOE) for only one game,each title in SOE has it`s own team of devs,animators,story,MONEY people,the list goes on but only one COO (chief operating officer)find out who he/she is and write a letter to SOE asking for that persons termination,the higher ups love to fire lackeys it makes them look good.As for MMORPG.com removing swg from their lists,no,this way everyone gets to watch as a game crashes.

just my thoughts

• StedfastStedfast Member Posts: 101
    Concur with Talroc, was there to watch EnB and now SWG, sighimage.  SWG is still a MMORPG that should be listed.image
  • ProfMarksProfMarks Member Posts: 3

SWG was the game that opened the MMO door to me, and while I have left SWG in the rear view, I am now I'm a complete MMO addict and have 2-3 on tap at any time.  To comment on the thread topic, as long as SWG servers are viable, it is my opinion it remain on sites like this and it's contemporaries.  As bitter as many are, it's a MMO, and in the post-mortem of the game I think the industry as a whole learned a great deal from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />SOE's bungling which makes it significant.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Now, a little comment on SWG and the NGE.  As a launch subscriber and a smuggler by trade, my bitterness towards SOE runs deep.  I do think how they treated their fan base was and continues to be deplorable.  Money is very clearly the driving factor over there, not pride in their product or love for the license. 

That said, I actually like the NGE.  If you look at where MMO's are going (see Tabula Rosa) a combination of other genres with MMOs may very well be the future.  I for one will cheer the revolution where new themes, new controls, new playstyles will all be introduced into the MMO world.  Variety is a good thing in my book.  If SWG were to launch in it's current state, I actually think it would meet with success and be hailed as a breath of fresh air to an MMO market defined by turnish style auto target and click combat (again, no judgment, I am a fan). 

So why do I think SWG is defunct?  The community.  The game is devoid of the fun buzz and excitement that meets a game at launch.  There are no eager or helpful people grouping together and forming a community while discovering the new world together.  The game feels used up, old and the bitterness of veterns hangs in the air like the polluted fog of COH's Crey's Folly. 

While I believe SWG has every right to remain on the MMO radar, I say rest in peace and shake my head at the promise of what should have been the revolutionary MMO that took the genre mainstream

Professor Marks - CoH
    Timberland - CoV
    Cy'ma Ranor (RIP) - SWG
    Hayden Marks - GW
    Ranor - Auto Assualt Beta
    Everett Marks - PotBs (on release)

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

Man, I hated the NGE, played it for nearly 6 weeks, still hated it, unsubbed, but even I say the OP has to chill, let go man, let it go. Move on to other games like I have. SWG will continue to have high sub rates with very low retention because SWG management (not the devs per se) sucks. Nothing will change that until they critically look inward at their corporate culture instead of trying to find fault outside themselves.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

My first thought was no of course it shouldnt be removed.  I mean there are plenty of other bad games on here as well, why should they be discriminated against for poor business ethics and general ignorance. 

But the more I think about it, its no longer Massive and no longer a Role-Playing Game.  So maybe as a Multi-player Online game it should be removed.  Shouldnt you at least have a majority of the features implied in the title of the site to be listed on here?

Is there a website for online first person shooters that suck?  Maybe they could be ported over there.  

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by MMO_Munk

Why do people bash the people that bash $OE?
    I always wondered, now honestly we are ALL GEEKS HERE.
    And i KNOW DAMN WELL
    That if anyone elses game dev's just took a giant crap ON YOUR CHESTS.
    I would defend you guys, and not the guys plopping the poopy.
    $OE has destroyed yet another MMO it was a long time coming, they just ran out of subscribers to nerfbat on EQ so moved to the next oldest game they had (SWG)
    If you want to look at it evilly, maybe they changed the game to attract new players to SWG and boot the Vets to OTHER $OE games that are struggling like EQ2. But that's just a thought.
    But honestly let people tear $OE a new one, yes i believe the community should band together, and all together as a gaming community: 
    REMOVE THIS GAME AND ALL OTHER SOE GAMES FROM THESE FINE FORUMS.
    Just imagine if it was your game taken away. Months and months countless nights, of work, destroyed.

Cheers,  imageimageimageimageimage..............five beers for you.

Ive been wondering the same thing for awhile myself.  It seems like fellow gamers would band together when an entire population is defecated on, instead of defending  the defecation fetishists who did it.   Strange phenomenon if you ask me, completely opposite of my way of thinking.  Oh well.   /shrug      image

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• Ranma13Ranma13 Member Posts: 747

Seriously guys, we get the point: SWG was ruined. We don't need 5 new posts a day for the next 2 years to tell us this. Continued flaming and ranting about SOE just turns you into a slighted fanboy. Find a new game, move on, and stop filling the forums with your own crap.

• jmd10222jmd10222 Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Ranma13

Seriously guys, we get the point: SWG was ruined. We don't need 5 new posts a day for the next 2 years to tell us this. Continued flaming and ranting about SOE just turns you into a slighted fanboy. Find a new game, move on, and stop filling the forums with your own crap.

You miss the point. These forums are here FOR us to vent and talk about what is happening in the MMO community. Devs read these forums, and that alone is good enough reason to for people to vent here. These types of forums are critical to helping to prevent crap like this from happening again.Sorry SWG vets i really do feel sorry for you. I can only imagine how i would feel if something i loved and given years of commitment to (not to mention money) had all vanished in a blink and then get a <shug> so what from the game company and devs. Anger comes to mind then dissapointment, and the saddness of the loss of friends. Ive made alot of RL friends playing mmo's (started in 99 with EQ) that i still talk to today. That is where alot of this angry backlash is comeing from, the loss of somehting meaningful and "special" to people, not the loss of uber gear or a game. So i dont think it should be removed, because this should not be forgotten. And the Vets have EVERY RIGHT to come here and let there feelings and thoughts be heard. WE the gamers make these games not the compaines, and this type of reaction just might change something for the better....we can only hope..

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by Darktongue

Originally posted by nexus42

Well, as the factual answer to your question, no it shouldn't be. MMORPG.com has always been viewed, by me at least, to have pretty fair journalistic standards. They were right on the money with Mourning, but SWG doesn't have that kind of scam feel to it, just blatant incompetence and hubris.
    For my other answer, hell no. Reading the SWG forums is a great source of entertainment. But then again, I'm something of a dick.

SWG devs scammed players imo. They made a game , got them invested in it then  made another game and switched the code. Experience may change online yes but how many would calmy sit back if, for example Blizzard redid WoW into tetris clone over night? none.

SOE are scammers and unless you played SWG for any length of time  you cant throw bitter comments at the OP to be fair.

I'll give you bitter. I personally hope that swg now bombs totally and becomes an albatross around SOE's neck. Lets hope it costs them $$$$$$ to do anything with it now.

Next thing SOE wil be transferring everyone from EQ/EQ2 to Planetside, oh dear game plays changed but oh well, suck it up.

Scammers.

Yes...back when they released the game they thought "We'll make it lik ethis, get people playing then change it all!!111" image.  They did what thought had to be done to SAVE the game.  Depsite what you say, the game ain't dieing.  And yeah, I've been playing since the first week the game came out.

Not one to rain on someones parade but SWG is dying.  It is dying a slow and painful death the way AC2 did.   You can deny it all you want, just like the faithful diehard players of AC2, but nevertheless SWG is dying.
  • ScorpesScorpes Member Posts: 830

Funny part is I think the latest issue of Computer Gaming World Magazine has a fluff article with Smedley and he's saying how he wants to turn SWG into a WoW killer. I mean how far is this guy in denial, SWG is dying, its giving SOE a blackeye in the industry it may never shake off and he still is thinking SWG is going to compete with Wow???? 5million customers versus maybe 200k for SWG?

This guy has to be one of the most deluded people in history or one of the best liars and misdirection artists around.
    Maybe he thinks Sony HQ reads it and they believe everything they read. Because seriously, if the HQ knew what was going on with SOE in all its full glory how could Sony not fire Smedley for his gross negligence and incompetance?

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Teala

Yes...back when they released the game they thought "We'll make it lik ethis, get people playing then change it all!!111" image.  They did what thought had to be done to SAVE the game.  Depsite what you say, the game ain't dieing.  And yeah, I've been playing since the first week the game came out.

Not one to rain on someones parade but SWG is dying.  It is dying a slow and painful death the way AC2 did.   You can deny it all you want, just like the faithful diehard players of AC2, but nevertheless SWG is dying.

You can hold on to that hope if you like, however from what I'm seeing in game it would appear the opposite is happening image

Originally posted by Obraik Yes...back when they released the game they thought "We'll make it lik ethis, get people playing then change it all!!111" image.  They did what thought had to be done to SAVE the game.  Depsite what you say, the game ain't dieing.  And yeah, I've been playing since the first week the game came out.Not one to rain on someones parade but SWG is dying.  It is dying a slow and painful death the way AC2 did.   You can deny it all you want, just like the faithful diehard players of AC2, but nevertheless SWG is dying.You can hold on to that hope if you like, however from what I'm seeing in game it would appear the opposite is happening image

Considering a few things your probably right in that maybe its not completely empty. But lets also put it into perspective.

#1 All veterans who have an account in the game, but inactive. SOE has now activated for 14 days. This is without consent or permission from those players.

#2 They have a free trial and download on major distribution site, FREE will bring in boatload of people but how many of them will remain after that? Having a bunch of free users is not indication of as soon to be flourishing game.

#3 They are giving out the game discs for free at retailers.

So of the major influx of players now in the game are old vets who quit before and they get to log on, find all their valuables are now junk, they have no profession and need to relearn a game they quit in the first place? Not exactly a winning formula for retaining veterans.

Or people who are playing for free, with a vas majority of them even if they wanted to couldnt pay tio play or they would have because they cant afford it, dont have a credit card, or just curious as to what all the bad press is about and want to experience it themselves.

Originally posted by Scorpes

Originally posted by Obraik Yes...back when they released the game they thought "We'll make it lik ethis, get people playing then change it all!!111" image.  They did what thought had to be done to SAVE the game.  Depsite what you say, the game ain't dieing.  And yeah, I've been playing since the first week the game came out.
    You can hold on to that hope if you like, however from what I'm seeing in game it would appear the opposite is happening image

Considering a few things your probably right in that maybe its not completely empty. But lets also put it into perspective.

#1 All veterans who have an account in the game, but inactive. SOE has now activated for 14 days. This is without consent or permission from those players.

#2 They have a free trial and download on major distribution site, FREE will bring in boatload of people but how many of them will remain after that? Having a bunch of free users is not indication of as soon to be flourishing game.

#3 They are giving out the game discs for free at retailers.

So of the major influx of players now in the game are old vets who quit before and they get to log on, find all their valuables are now junk, they have no profession and need to relearn a game they quit in the first place? Not exactly a winning formula for retaining veterans.

Or people who are playing for free, with a vas majority of them even if they wanted to couldnt pay tio play or they would have because they cant afford it, dont have a credit card, or just curious as to what all the bad press is about and want to experience it themselves.

1. Yes, but I'm going by what I see in game.  This is mostly based on Mustafar and Mos Eisley.  Not many if any 15 day vets will be on Mustafar as they won't have the expansion, and Eisley is mostly new players.

2.  The free trial people don't step foot off the noob station, and are not seen by the rest of the population.  Who knows how many are up there, unless you create a new char.

3.  They are giving a CD away that has the free tiral on it, just like WoW.  You still need to buy the game if you want to play further

I agree for the most part, Im definently in the camp of SWG should fail so the license can be freed for another company to make a new SW mmo. That being said, i dont think SWG is dead at the moment either. The power of free is a very powefull force versus the onslaught of the veteran population in revolt.
  • sktslimesktslime Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by DamonVile
    They didn't lie to anyone. One of the first things they tell you is game play may change during online play. Well it changed...alot ::::11::I think what they did to SWG sucks and I'll never buy another SOE MMOG but some shots at them just aren't true :)

Let me tell you how they lied, by advertising the Trials of obi-wan expansion as much as possible before it happened. They spent months advertising the new creature handler and other prof's content in the expansion then we find out the whole prof is gettin deleted..
    by this you can tell they were tryin to get everyone to purchase one last expansion before they quit.

Sadly i was on vacation when they announced players may get a refund if they dont like the change... does anyone know if its still possible, the links i find all are deleted posts now.. ::::07:: ::::26:: ::::27::

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

I downloaded SWG and logged in my account today just to see what the population was like. I have 151 people on my friends list and not a single ONE of them was on and it was during prime playtime.

In the major cities that were usually laggy and had tons of people around(I played on a high population server) there were less than 20 people in each.

I have to say from what I saw in this one-day impromptu looking over of the games population that it appears to have suffered extremely badly. I hope this is the case and that the bottomline at SOE pays dearly :)

I did this because I saw the posts about the population picking up. I have to say I just didn't see it but maybe I picked the one night everyone wasn't playing.

• admriker444admriker444 Member Posts: 1,526

I dont understand the posters here who claim SOE never lied to us ???? What game were you following ?

Lies....

1.) FRS - The force ranking system was disabled 7 months back to be worked on, or so we were told. This was the end-game for many. Hundreds of posts asked when are we getting our FRS back. The response from SOE was always the same...its being worked on. BIG FAT LIE, the NGE was being worked on.

2.) Smuggler Revamp - Should I even have to bring this lie up ? Or would you care to see some links for devs responses going back 2.5 years on the so-called smuggler revamp ?

3.) Capitol Ships - For the flyboys, this was what kept them around waiting for. The promise of capitol ships was very appealing. After dangling that bait for the players for half a year a dev casually mentioned that there never were any real plans for capitol ships. BIG FAT LIERS.

4.) Pearls - Premiums and flawless pearl drops were broken around the CU 7 months back. Repeatedly devs posted it was being looked at, worked on, etc. Total fat lie cause devs basically nerfed it to bring jedi in balance with other classes.

5.) Recent expansion - Devs tell Creature handlers buy this expansion cause there's a necklace that will allow you to tame higher level creatures. Devs tell jedi buy this expansion cause there's a lava crystal for your saber. 2 days after this expansion launches SOE spits in our faces with the news that creature handlers along with 25 other professions are being destroyed. And to this date from what Ive read no necklace (not that it would be usful) or lava crystal has been found. Talk about FRAUD.

I could go on for hours about the huge lies SOE repeats but that should be sufficient.

Now for SWG being removed. I support it 100%. SOE duped its players into investing time and effort and money into a game that no longer exists. They flat out refuse to refund players who paid for 3-6 or 12 month prepaid cards.

Also, its not really a mmorpg anymore regardless if you like the NGE or not. Its a FPS with a few hundred other players. Thats what I called multiplayer, not mmorpg. FPS alone should deny it the right to be classified a mmorpg. Skills, stats, levels, enhancements, gear, etc all the things a mmorpg player strives for are POINTLESS in a FPS.

• blade_uk_05blade_uk_05 Member Posts: 10

even though yea there has been all the lies with im not forgetting all of them but just look at the new combat system its alot better than the old one and yea the population is low on servers and lag is bad but i can only imagine that soe will make the game alot better from now it can only get better... and they are supposed to be bringing back some of the old professions any way like creature handler and bio engineer.

and why should it be removed from mmorpg.com i mean its a mmo isn't it there are games alot worse than swg that have less logins per day and every thing so if you are going to remove any thing from MMORPG.COM it should be them!

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

I don't think people care about other games being worse or having less subscriber's than SWG. I think they're calling for it's removal because they feel they've done something fraudalent and unethical. I think a lot of people score what they did the same as Mourning. I don't really care if they remove it or not... I didn't much care what they did about Mourning, either... though, I have to say, that's it's likely they removed Mourning because the devs from that game were becoming a big pain in the butt on this site. I think it's more a matter of honesty for most people.

5.) Recent expansion - Devs tell Creature handlers buy this expansion cause there's a necklace that will allow you to tame higher level creatures. Devs tell jedi buy this expansion cause there's a lava crystal for your saber. 2 days after this expansion launches SOE spits in our faces with the news that creature handlers along with 25 other professions are being destroyed. And to this date from what Ive read no necklace (not that it would be usful) or lava crystal has been found. Talk about FRAUD.

This is the sort of thing that makes me call shennanigans on SOE, regardless of whether or not they offer refunds. They obviously intended to milk their customers for another expansion, knowing full well what they were about to do.

Originally posted by admriker444

I dont understand the posters here who claim SOE never lied to us ???? What game were you following ?
    Lies....
    1.) FRS - The force ranking system was disabled 7 months back to be worked on, or so we were told. This was the end-game for many. Hundreds of posts asked when are we getting our FRS back. The response from SOE was always the same...its being worked on. BIG FAT LIE, the NGE was being worked on.
    Who's to say there isn't a NGE FRS down the line?  They have mentioned about developing a Dark and Light side to Jedi
    2.) Smuggler Revamp - Should I even have to bring this lie up ? Or would you care to see some links for devs responses going back 2.5 years on the so-called smuggler revamp ?
    Dunno if it was a Lie, they probably did intend to do it, but got too far ahead of themselves in what they were promising.
    3.) Capitol Ships - For the flyboys, this was what kept them around waiting for. The promise of capitol ships was very appealing. After dangling that bait for the players for half a year a dev casually mentioned that there never were any real plans for capitol ships. BIG FAT LIERS.
    Er no, they said they had no set date for Capitol Ships, not that they didn't have any plans for them.  They obviously have done some development hence the video.  They've made mention that the next expansion will hopefully be GCW related, so it makes sense that they could become a part of that.
    4.) Pearls - Premiums and flawless pearl drops were broken around the CU 7 months back. Repeatedly devs posted it was being looked at, worked on, etc. Total fat lie cause devs basically nerfed it to bring jedi in balance with other classes.
    Premiums are back in the game :)
    The Creature Handler necklace was never part of any official advertising, only made mention once in a Dev chat.  The Lava crystal was advertised, and just last week it was discovered by us players how to make it.  I have personally seen it in action, and you can watch a video of it here http://www.trgapa.com/images/lava.wmv
    I could go on for hours about the huge lies SOE repeats but that should be sufficient.
    Now for SWG being removed. I support it 100%. SOE duped its players into investing time and effort and money into a game that no longer exists. They flat out refuse to refund players who paid for 3-6 or 12 month prepaid cards.
    No, they didn't dupe you into investing time.  It's not like way back when they released the game they thought it'd be a cool idea to wait for everyone to get to what they want and then change the game, just to make you feel worthless.  I do agree however that when you cancel you should get credited for whatever time you haven't used in your subscription.
    Also, its not really a mmorpg anymore regardless if you like the NGE or not. Its a FPS with a few hundred other players. Thats what I called multiplayer, not mmorpg. FPS alone should deny it the right to be classified a mmorpg. Skills, stats, levels, enhancements, gear, etc all the things a mmorpg player strives for are POINTLESS in a FPS.
    The game is a MMO no matter what way you look at it.  Normal everyday games do not and cannot have have hundreds, let alone thousand of players on one server.  It's usually capped at 20-30ish, the amount you'll find in one single place in SWG.  Stats, levels, enhancements and gear still play a very important role in the game.  Getting stated clothing will increase your health and damage output.  Higher stated armour is obviously going to protect you better and foods/drinks will provide you with temporary stat bonuses that work in the same way as clothing stats.  Higher level weapons will help do higher damage (yes, the weapon stats DO matter). Ie, just like it used to.  The only part that resembles and FPS is the actual combat, everything else is pretty much the same.

• CymekCymek Member Posts: 340

You SWG fanbois just kill me.

Just for the record, I had played since 3 months after launch and was a pre-pub 10 jedi under the old hologrind system...27 professions, and I had to wait for pub 10 to be a jedi....anyways....mine are in green.

Originally posted by admriker444

Lies....
    Who's to say there isn't a NGE FRS down the line?  They have mentioned about developing a Dark and Light side to Jedi
    At What point does it become a load of crap?  I can say that "further down the line" I plan on learning to speak Greek.  But unless I am ACTIVELY PURSUING IT, it is just a bunch of rubbish.  I just goes back to them not wanting to piss the player base off even further than they already have...instead of saying they are not working on it, they say they are and 7 months later...still no plans....not even documents....LIES...THEY ARE NOT WORKING ON IT.  And to defend it by saying it is further down the line is meaningless.
    Dunno if it was a Lie, they probably did intend to do it, but got too far ahead of themselves in what they were promising.
    Oh, I am sure they "intended to do it" and it has nothing to do with "getting too far ahead of themselves"....it is because they were busy prepping the carpet-pull AKA the NGE.  I just can't imagine what would have been fixed in the original game given the same development effort that the NGE took to make.
    Er no, they said they had no set date for Capitol Ships, not that they didn't have any plans for them.  They obviously have done some development hence the video.  They've made mention that the next expansion will hopefully be GCW related, so it makes sense that they could become a part of that.
    OK,  I will consent this one.  It had always been stated that the capital ship video was a technology demonstration.  The only other time it was dangled in front of us as a possible feature was Smed's latest plea to the community.
    Premiums are back in the game :)
    Hmmm....OK, and what was the excuse for it being broke for 7 months?  It took FOREVER for them to even acknowledge if it was a bug or a change.  Oh, I forgot...how can you fix things in a game when most of your resources are re-writing it in secret.
    The Creature Handler necklace was never part of any official advertising, only made mention once in a Dev chat.  The Lava crystal was advertised, and just last week it was discovered by us players how to make it.  I have personally seen it in action, and you can watch a video of it here http://www.trgapa.com/images/lava.wmv
    This all doesn't change the fact that 25 professions were on the chopping block.  What about all the ranger and squad leader work?  This is a fact - THE NGE INVALIDATED HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PLAYER HOURS....INTENTIONALLY..AND IT WAS NOT TO "BALANCE THE GAME" IT WAS FOR A RE-WRITE...THE CREATION OF SWG2 WHICH THE CURRENT FAN BASE UNWILLINGLY FUNDED THE DEVELOPMENT OF.....THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WERE PAYING FOR...WE WERE SUBSCRIBED TO SWG1....THIS IS FRAUD.
    No, they didn't dupe you into investing time.  It's not like way back when they released the game they thought it'd be a cool idea to wait for everyone to get to what they want and then change the game, just to make you feel worthless.  I do agree however that when you cancel you should get credited for whatever time you haven't used in your subscription.
    No comment on this other than agree with subscription fee refunds
    The game is a MMO no matter what way you look at it.  Normal everyday games do not and cannot have have hundreds, let alone thousand of players on one server.  It's usually capped at 20-30ish, the amount you'll find in one single place in SWG.  Stats, levels, enhancements and gear still play a very important role in the game.  Getting stated clothing will increase your health and damage output.  Higher stated armour is obviously going to protect you better and foods/drinks will provide you with temporary stat bonuses that work in the same way as clothing stats.  Higher level weapons will help do higher damage (yes, the weapon stats DO matter). Ie, just like it used to.  The only part that resembles and FPS is the actual combat, everything else is pretty much the same.
    ....we could argue forever to no end about the semantics of what makes a MMO...no comment.

I really can't believe the excuses some fanbois make for SOE....some of your replies to the OP are so ludicrous, one has to wonder how many folks around here trying to prop the NGE up work for SOE.  It does not matter if the NGE was good or not...the fact is it destroyed the SWG community as we know it...it destroyed the game we knew.  This is not SWG any longer.

I support removing it from the list here and the one at stratics due to questionable business ethics from SOE.  This would send them and others in the future a strong message that the behavior of ripping players off is not acceptable.  I mean even SOE knows they ripped people off.  Do you really think they offered a ToOW refund out the of goodness of their heart?  They only offered a refund because THERE WAS A VALID CASE OF FRAUD ON THEIR HANDS...they didn't want a class-action suit on their hands in the midst of all the already bad publicity.  Soo....taking the refund into consideration, even SOE knows there is a valid fraud argument against them.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

/agree Cymek

Gamers need to show that committment to the "all mighty dollar" alone by companies like SOE won't be tolerated. To many mmo companies provide horrible customer service because they know they can get away with it right now.

• MMO_MunkMMO_Munk Member Posts: 299

well guys i made a hugely detailed post on how things suck and how we cant trust SOE and bashing on people, and calling SWG now SWG2 and just about yeah, proving the complete forms of life of an MMO. It was so perfectly made, yet this site got bugged wouldn't let me post refreshed, and wham, it was all gone,writing htis now right after making that masterpiece, i lost all my current humph to make a good post, but let me sum it up for you.

SOE doesn't LIE?!

SOE'S SWG2 DEV HAS STATED!!! THAT HE BELIEVE THIS GAME WILL BECOME A WORLD OF WARCRAFT KILLER! THE GAME TO END THAT GAME!

Now if that isn't lying at all costs, i don't know what is.

The man must of gone completely insane.

cause in the Real World were you and i reside.

200,000 Subscriptions does not in anyway threaten a game with over 5000000 (yes million) Subscribers. and mind you WoW didn't reactivate old accounts or give out free 14 day trials cause god knows SOE is counting those to their playerbase, even knowing how us in the real world would not count those. but yeah lost motivation sorry, it wa a post that would of made a flame to be remembered.