Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why?

Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

I've heard of milking titles but after the first F.E.A.R. game and the mess of the sequels: why is this game back again?

After what happen with canon and how everyone died (what a wonderful way to kill hope too), this is pushing it, truly.

Comments

• JoreelJoreel Member UncommonPosts: 148
    If they can still make a few bucks, they will of course :-)
  • Grimmjaw01Grimmjaw01 Member UncommonPosts: 12

i agree why make a mmo of a single player game (it makes no sence to make a single player into a mmo)

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Grimmjaw01

i agree why make a mmo of a single player game (it makes no sence to make a single player into a mmo)

actualy there was a multiplayer mode for FEAR.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Agree, see SWTOR

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Grimmjaw01Grimmjaw01 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    its called fear combat but thats old and i dont think u cant get it anymore plus the only game that has multiplayer is F.E.A.R 3 
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    its called fear combat but thats old and i dont think u cant get it anymore plus the only game that has multiplayer is F.E.A.R 3 

That is not true. I only played the first one, and I played it online. 

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

F.E.A.R.'s multiplayer was okay, but the story with Alma is shot. It got totally screwed up when Sierra went it's own way with it when Monolith went working on other work. When they returned to assume the F.E.A.R. IP again, all of the main characters were killed off. Monolith even went with a different pointman.

When lore gets that screwed up it's difficult to follow and even have an interest in it anymore. Alma loses her meaning, as all involved are dead. It's like killing all the Waltons, including John boy, then coming back with John boy's ghost. o.O