Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics Card Question

Although i dont belive so, i can play Horizons and FFXI [Benchmark] On my Pc with an ATI Radeon 7500 Werid o.o --------- FFXI doesnt even support that card.... something werid is going on. any comments?

Comments

• cyphorcyphor Member UncommonPosts: 131
    The list of cards on the final fantasy site arent the only ones the game supports just the ones the game has been tested on. So if u can run it then congrats image however just cause you can run the benchmark for ffxi doesnt guarantee the game will run well what was your score? Good luck and hope it works.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

chances are it will play but the makers did not test the card on the system.If the driver ie ATI one has been used  and tested for some other card it will work.

I think all newer games now test their systems with radeon cards and drivers unlike the mistakes of the past in AC2 where they only used ndvidia to test their systems.So yeah most likely it will work.

• EzikeilEzikeil Member Posts: 148

I ran the benchmark aswell just for the hell of it. Here are my Specs:

AMD ThunderBird 850 Mhz

512 MB SD-RAM ( pc 133 )

Hercules 3D Prophet 8500 LE ( 128 MB )

Those are the specs that matter :) , I ran it on the "low" setting and scored 2091, i figure on high it's less then half that and not worth running.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When You're Falling of a Cliff You Might Aswell Try To Fly.

• madnessmageemadnessmagee Member Posts: 69

Scored 1735 on low res

Intel Pentium 3 866 Mhz

128 MB RDRAM (pc 800)

Geforce 4 Mx 420

I recently got the game and it runs fine on default settings so most people shouldn't have any problems considering my setup image

Andromeda Server

• Sensei_KaelsSensei_Kaels Member Posts: 277
    Ya, Benchmark screwd me over, Because my card was listed on the test, and yet when i pressed play after installing and doing all of the patches it said that i didnt have the required T&L or something, so now I have to get a new $40.00 video card before I can play. Damn you benchmark!! and You Square Enix for your overly required information on our lives!!! Japanese are spying our nation..err