Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Beta keys go out today?

ringobrownringobrown Member Posts: 5

Hello,

I'm referencing the post they put out that they give out keys regularly at the beginning of each week.

That being said to anyone who has gotten one in previous weeks, was it on Monday or Tuesday and if you can give a time that'd be extremely helpful. This is so I don't have to keep checking all 12 of my emails every 5 mins.

Thanks!

Comments

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

From what I can gather from the subreddit it seems like there has indeed been another wave sent out today.

Good luck with your 12 emails; here I feel the fool for only signing up with one.

• ringobrownringobrown Member Posts: 5
    damn...Alright thanks man, maybe next week.
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    I also only signed up with one and think it's a shame they don't have a way to track and disqualify duplicate entries.  By disqualify, I don't mean remove just the extra entries, but remove all entries that come from a duplicate source period.  So if you sign up with a few email addresses, your effective chance of a beta invite becomes zero.  Oh well, that's not going to happen, but 3-6 months isn't really THAT long of a wait anyway.
  • ringobrownringobrown Member Posts: 5
    I don't think signing up with multiple email addresses matter. Someone said they just take one from the same IP address. Whether thats true or not, I have no idea.
  • Void425Void425 Member UncommonPosts: 170
    I would much rather see them actually sell beta keys.  Start with X amount per week..lower the price each week as they sell.  They can put all that extra money towards the game development.  Maybe toss in a few free keys like they are doing now to go with it..  I can not wait to pre-order, even if no key is included I just want to get this game ordered so I do not have to worry about paying for it later.
  • doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by Lorgarn

From what I can gather from the subreddit it seems like there has indeed been another wave sent out today.

Good luck with your 12 emails; here I feel the fool for only signing up with one.

Often times they'll filter it by IP addresses to help minimize the number of people farming keys to sell. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    It's sad when you see people on other sites selling 15 of them yet the people who actually want to test cannot get an invite.
  • YuniqueYunique Member Posts: 12
    Wouldn't mind getting a key to try the game out before ordering it once the option is available. It does look amazing, but I've been let down before...
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Void425
    I would much rather see them actually sell beta keys.  Start with X amount per week..lower the price each week as they sell.  They can put all that extra money towards the game development.  Maybe toss in a few free keys like they are doing now to go with it..  I can not wait to pre-order, even if no key is included I just want to get this game ordered so I do not have to worry about paying for it later.

While I understand your feelings, as I too want to play this game so bad , I am not agree with the idea to .. sell keys. Not everyone is going to live with the "closed beta" status of the game. For some it may ruin the experience and then they decide not to buy it, because for X reasons while they played CB. Not you, not me, but for others yes.

But I think Carbine is very aware of this, and that's why they are not selling keys or just .. "spam them" to everyone who wants to try.

We will get to play WS before he enters the Live Status, I am sure of that. Yes, waiting is a fucking pain in the ass, but I am very positive that this will be my home for a very long time.

Also, I kinda like Carbine strategy , you do know who they are inviting ( beside others ) , right? I .. know/found some interesting things about how they handle some of their keys ! :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• ekkeekke Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Void425

Yeah i think that sounds like a good idea as well...

I see the keys sells for about $90US .... on from what i can gather from some sites there is a lot being sold.. so yeah they can make some money ... if nothing else beer money hah

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Being able to get on a beta is a privilege. Not a right.

I've signed up. If I get in. Great! If I don't get in. Great! Don't mind either way.

Just don't expect it nor worry about it.

• RoweinRowein Member Posts: 44
    I can't believe anyone would buy a beta invite. I really really want a beta key and I would never buy one. How can NCSoft trust you or the person you purchased it from. Hell I'm betting on open beta in a couple months any how.
  • scion018scion018 Member UncommonPosts: 11

Here is how we receive a bunch of beta keys.

If you signed up a while ago and receive an survey; finish that I did the survey in my 3 emails and all of them got beta keys. note that you have a chance to receive 1-3 keys per email. The extra key are friend keys people who used this has a high chance of receiving a another key to give out.

I sent out my keys to all my guild mates in GW2 and last week 5 of them receive 1 key each.

• tarkaitarkai Member Posts: 5

buying beta keys is not the best idee becous its actually not allowd according to the  agremend therms 

• RoweinRowein Member Posts: 44

Well another Monday came and went

My email checks have left me spent

As soon as it comes I'll roll a Granok medic

I'll make other toons look quite pathetic

When the third comes around

My Gmail will sound

It's an invite from planet Nexus

saying Rowein come join us.