Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For people who claim end game can't be..

SirAoSSirAoS Member Posts: 203

For people who claim end game can't be played with a controller. I was laying in bed and got bored, so i just started searching FFXiV related stuff. Came across some reviews and what not. Then that lead me to read more reviews out of curiosity of what other people had to say about the game. I noticed with all i read, there was someone or multiple people claiming you could not play the end game with a controller. I don't understand why so many people are making these claims. I play FFXiV on my ps3 because my laptop is FAAARR from capable of running it. I've played MMos almost my hole entire life and about 4 years ago i had to sell my computer (personal reasons) so i havent been able to play mmos in a long time. When i got FFXiV, Naturally, it was very taboo to me because i was so use to play mmorpgs with keyboard and mouse. After playing it for awhile, not only have i mastered the controls, I prefer it now over keyboard and mouse. I plan on playing FFXiV till its very end. ( I have always loved FF and this is the best mmo IMO since Ultima Online ) If i ever play another MMORPG, wether it be on the PS4 or PC. I dont think i would want to play without the controller.

I never did get to my full point yet ( i don't want to go back and make edits *lol* ) I play end game as a healer, WITH A CONTROLLER and i own it. I do better than most of anyone i run with.

Please let me know how you feel about that and let me know if you have ever played the game or do play with a controller and how its working for you! Ty for reading

Comments

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    I've never heard anyone suggest, or even imply that you can't do endgame with controllers.  Most of the controller debate, at least around launch, was about whether it would be an advantage or disadvantage for PvP.
  • SirAoSSirAoS Member Posts: 203

Forgive me for implying that people claimed "IT can't be done". It was more of a " To hard" or " Very disadvantaged".

I'm just saying that ( I ) don't feel it is to hard or a disadvantage. I've played with both and they both to me equally work great. They just work in 2 different ways but neither or an advantage over the next.

I guess now i am just wondering, if anyone on here feels like the controller for them isn't comfortable.

Let me know your thoughts.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Every time we see YoshiP play it's with a controller and I imagine he tests end-game content ;).
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I play end game with a gamepad fine, I did Crystal Tower, Coil of bahamut, Primal HMs and other perfectly fine.  I kick ass in pvp too.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    The game is also on Playstation 3, why would it be too hard to play with a controller when the game is designed from the ground up to be played on a console?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by NetSage
    Every time we see YoshiP play it's with a controller and I imagine he tests end-game content ;).

Haha, the last time I heard Yoshi saying he was playing 'end game' it was Garuda and/or Titan still. It's also quite funny that almost every boss fight has been nerfed around the time he finishes them.

If he can't do it, NOBODY CAN!!

Its funny, everyone on here feels the same way i do. A lot of these people were from pc world website . They probably just suck at mmos