Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Exodus will start... FFXIV: ARR: Patch 2.2 FAIL

LipstickpaddyLipstickpaddy Member UncommonPosts: 22

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.

This MMO will bring an exodus this year as the devs simply aren't listening.

Patch 2.1 brought things no one wanted:

1) Housing that affects nothing in the game, other than where lore players can have meetings.

2) Arena PvP in a game that is PvE focused and Black Mages rule the roost with their AOE sleep... 30 secs long... good luck getting out of that.

3) And did nothing to fix crafting in the game:

3.1)  Crafting is awesome until you get to endgame.  You spend weeks getting say Weaving to level 50 where you can make level 70 gear.  This lasts no longer than a couple of days as end dungeon drops are better. 

3.2)   Whoa 'White Knights' the crafting gear is good when you put material in it.  Let me discuss in 4)

3.3)  No crafted gear at level 90 to compete with end raid gear.  (Allow a drop in the Raid to use for crafting to make end game crafting work)

4)  Materia

4.1)  Materia in the game can only be purchased in the Auction House.  As the end raid stat that all classes needs is Vitality, the price is stupid high for top level material.  You should be able to buy these with currencies instead of the system that is in place.

4.2)  I have a Intellengent top level 4 material.  Can I put it in my sockets on my gear.  NO!!!!  Why, because of a cap!

'Yes says the chest piece, I will not let you put what you want in me.'  This is just the tip of the iceberg of gating that is in the game.

5)  Combat Animations since Beta 3 complained about boss ability animations are synched probably.  'I was well out of that!!!' is the shout from most players.  The cast bar is not tied to the animation!!! is the complaint... Sorry the devs are not listening.

So, 2.1 came and all the above didn't get fixed.  Okay no worries, they wanted to add things no body wanted.  So here comes Square's chance to fix these issues in 2.2

Well the live letter today made no attempt to fix these things, so good luck Square in the future with your head in the sand.  I wasn't aware a Japenese Osterich existed.

I hereby predict the mass exodus from XIV this year, as the veterans get to end game and experience the above.  With ESO and Wildstar coming out very soon, Square you either fix it or die.  Not that they care, otherwise they would be reading the English Forums and here complaints and many more on the lodestone. (XIV ARR: Forum)

So White Knights that are blinded by your shiny armour... give me hate below and just realise that there will be an elephant in the room this year, be it ESO or Wildstar.  So look forward to your server exodus where you White Knights can come together in you tea party wearing your tin foil hats.

Comments

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Three Words:

FAT CHOCOBO MOUNT!  

SE JUST TAKE MY MONEY!

This game will have a very long and prosperous life!

• ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251
    Dont discuss with fanbois. I played ff14 beta saw massive copy paste stuff. Usuall "it's beta" from fanbois. didnt bought it of course. Year later they released ofc didnt buy it either. Because i kinda knew what they gona do. And today i got confirmation. Today games have 0 quality.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,650

Most of the player base wanted housing, just not for it to be so expensive.

There are quite a few people who really enjoy the PVP in the game, I myself do not partake.

The problems you go on after this point however, are all design choices by SE.

They will not be 'fixed' as they are not a 'problem.' 

Check out what 'Server Live-state' is, and that is what Square is using for FF14, this is why a lot of the 'issues' you have arise.

As for crafting?  It's not going to ever compete with end game drops, again, SE made this choice.  Materia will always be a side thing, never a main part of the game for min-max.  SE has made that design choice.

In closing, most of the 'problems' you have listed have been in the game since launch, so I'd imagine most people who take issue with them will have left by this point already.

Mass Exodus?  Hardly.

My server still can't have characters created on it because there are too many people playing on it.

Let's all chicken little further folks.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 958

Hey look, most of the content is the same crap we already have...just more coming! Who cant be excited for more hard/extreme modes to be recycled? How about more new tome collecting with weekly caps? more dungeons that all go trash >boss >trash>boss>trash>boss? More primals that are in small arena's and use a "kill it so we dont die from their big attack like all the others" mechanics? More turns on coil...who woulda thunk? 

no care for crafting, pvp, materia, skills or classes, housing, new high end content that isnt the same or recycled as hard/extreme. Who cant wait to do their rotation and dodge red circles...what joy!

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    Originally posted by Hatefull

Ahhh yes, another doom and gloom, "it's not the way I want it so it's going to die" thread. These always go so well. Let me grab a beer and some popcorn.

Or, you can really say: it's another WoW-lite change.

When traditional RPG PvE games add PvP to attract the worst in gaming to play their games instead of improving the PvE issues..."Houston, we have a problem".

I never played Final Fantasy as it's so group orientated and I resent any MMO that requires group play (those type of devs want to define MMOs are group play only, yet know darn right that over 20% of their game population ONLY plays solo. Any company that denies a larger chunk of their player population because "raiding [or arenas] is the only game in town, sink or swim" I hope dies on the vine for being so non-flexible in 2014).

PvP is cheap filler for devs, as players are the content. ANY MMO that introduces PvP in a PvE game has game mechanics problems, or simply want cheap filler to keep players busy. This is why you won't find PvE games, it's not that they can't be popular, it's harder to upkeep a PvE game as it REQUIRES innovation. PvP just requires that the players don't exploit existing systems, otherwise the devs let they do as they please (and thus, ruining the very PvE game in the first place).

When I saw EQII with PvP, the game died to me. When I see EQN being built with PvP in mind, I look at EQII. Thus, I really have no desire to play PvE games gone to the cheap programming side.

I'm confused Zan, they have a new Primal, not a recycled one, a new dungeon, not a recycled one, and 4 new bosses in the raid with new loot and a new DKP token coming out to match it.  Seems very standard, yet at a quicker pace than every other gaming company I've seen.

Yeah they have a few fights that have a 'hard' mode coming, most of those dungeons that are 'hard mode' though are entirely redone on the inside, both in decor and in content, monster type and mechanics. 

I really don't understand your complaint...

It seems like if you look hard enough you'll find anything to dislike.

Originally posted by Kevyne-Shandris

I never played Final Fantasy as it's so group orientated and I resent any MMO that requires group play (those type of devs want to define MMOs are group play only, yet know darn right that over 20% of their game population ONLY plays solo. Any company that denies a larger chunk of their player population because "raiding [or arenas] is the only game in town, sink or swim" I hope dies on the vine for being so non-flexible in 2014).

This paragraph proves you've done 0 research on ARR.

Sorry.

(hint, it's not forced grouping or grouping centric, you are thinking that 14 is exactly like 11, meaning you've done no research at all)

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 958
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

I'm confused Zan, they have a new Primal, not a recycled one, a new dungeon, not a recycled one, and 4 new bosses in the raid with new loot and a new DKP token coming out to match it.  Seems very standard, yet at a quicker pace than every other gaming company I've seen.

Yeah they have a few fights that have a 'hard' mode coming, most of those dungeons that are 'hard mode' though are entirely redone on the inside, both in decor and in content, monster type and mechanics. 

I really don't understand your complaint...

It seems like if you look hard enough you'll find anything to dislike.

they are recycling plenty...you saw the live letter stuff right? levi is new, but he will play out pretty much the same as the rest, small arena, preset mechanics..the obvious "nail" mechanic as they all have....then do an extreme version (recycling early)

then we have a new dungeon that will play out the same as i said: trash>boss1>trash>boss2>trash>boss3.

the more recyled or just added stuff like maps, moggle extreme, 2 old dungeons being recycled for hard mode (brayflox and hatali) more coil turns..ect

then just lots of pointless fluff like even more mounts, minions, housing stuff next to noone can use, hairstyles..ect

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Sure a few of those are, you know, your opinion? I mean you don't like housing but a lot of players like housing. 

That and you cry 2.2 exodus, yet you state nothing about it that would cause people to leave? Dunno, why not name this 2.1 fail instead since that seems to be your focus, minus not mentioning anything at all good and just the negative? Just a little bit of a pointless thread about what you dislike about 2.1 rather then actual valid reasons why people would exodus in 2.2 

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

The naysayers are getting more and more desperate as time goes on and their crazy predictions still haven't come true.

Soon the hate will reach WoW level proportions, and we all know how WoW did despite the massive amount of hate it received.

It is really telling that the doom & gloom posts have reached the general discussion. If it was any other MMO the game would have failed by now and there would be no reason to leave the game specific forums to state the obvious. Too bad that hasn't happened yet and the desperation has started to kick in.

A failed MMO is a forgotten MMO.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".

Sorry.

(hint, it's not forced grouping or grouping centric, you are thinking that 14 is exactly like 11, meaning you've done no research at all)

What point of "I never played Final Fantasy as it's so group orientated" do you not understand?

FF has always been, from it's inception a group based game. It's the traditional MMORPG of the EQ lineage (where too many EQ players play due to it). I simply have had enough of forced grouping concepts from the MuD to early MMOs to be sick of it completely.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by fs23otm
    Originally posted by Viper482
    I didn't even know a lot of people still played this game personally. 

FFXIV is currently the best game on the market. People just love to doom and gloom it though. 

Ok, show me this proof you have that this is the best game on the market?

• MrJimLaheyMrJimLahey Member Posts: 24

FFXIV is currently the best game on the market. People just love to doom and gloom it though. 

How exactly is it the best game on the market?  I think this is just your opinion.  You should probably mention that.

• Birdy1988Birdy1988 Member Posts: 14

Sorry.

What point of "I never played Final Fantasy as it's so group orientated" do you not understand?

FF has always been, from it's inception a group based game. It's the traditional MMORPG of the EQ lineage (where too many EQ players play due to it). I simply have had enough of forced grouping concepts from the MuD to early MMOs to be sick of it completely.

Ugh, I'm seeing you pop in and out of forums with this weird "rebellion against Multiplayer gaming" nonsense and I'm sat here thinking "why are you even playing MMOs?" pleanty of single player RPG's out there more suited to what you are looking for... unless you like loner grinding....

Seriously? how hypocritical is your post, if you play World of Warcraft, all you can do solo is craft/gather .... and level. there is NOTHING else that you can do that doesn't force player interaction.

Oh sure, you can wander around the timeless isles I suppose doing your farm ... but still many people interfering... and no doubt you do to.

I can't comprehend why you want to make such a statement about MULTIPLAYER GAMES to the point where any multiplayer interaction is a disease .... its ... unthinkable.

Why are you playing a genre you hate? RPG's is what you are looking for. Skyrim sounds about right... great game, no one forces you to ... actually play multiplayer... in a multiplayer advertised game.

I would'nt be making a fuss, but your opinion is what drags these games into the dirt.... too much is already possible alone. anythihng you can solo in these crappy little MMORPGs is easy, without challenge, you are limited to your stats and a move rotation...

What do you even do in World of Warcraft? "forced partying" .... god it would be me buying an MP only shooter and complaining that I need teamates to capture a friggin flag.

mind blown.... WHY ARE YOU NOT PLAYING SP RPGS.

ANYWAY BACK TO THE POINT:

FFXIV is EXACTLY like world of warcraft, so why are you holding a double standard? it is exactly the same in terms of solo play and multi play.

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

Sorry.

If you love Single player in Rpgs so much

and hate Multiplayer in Rpgs so much

Why in the seven hells are you playing MMO's??????

Go play KOTOR, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout, any of the other 12 Final Fantasy's, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG:The Seven Stars,Titan's Quest, King's Quest, Diablo, Dragonquest or Xenogears!

Seriously, stop playing games designed for people that like multiplayer, and you might have a better gaming experiance. . . .

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Originally posted by ZizouX

Three Words:

FAT CHOCOBO MOUNT!  

SE JUST TAKE MY MONEY!

This game will have a very long and prosperous life!

Majestic.

Originally posted by Birdy1988
    Ugh, I'm seeing you pop in and out of forums with this weird "rebellion against Multiplayer gaming" nonsense and I'm sat here thinking "why are you even playing MMOs?" pleanty of single player RPG's out there more suited to what you are looking for... unless you like loner grinding....

August, 2013 player with 6 posts.

Question: who's your daddy?

Originally posted by sayuu

Sorry.

If you love Single player in Rpgs so much

and hate Multiplayer in Rpgs so much

Why in the seven hells are you playing MMO's??????

Go play KOTOR, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout, any of the other 12 Final Fantasy's, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG:The Seven Stars,Titan's Quest, King's Quest, Diablo, Dragonquest or Xenogears!

Seriously, stop playing games designed for people that like multiplayer, and you might have a better gaming experiance. . . .

Maybe this is his daddy?

I treat MMORPGs as single player games that have longer than a 2 year patch cycles (it's all about updates).

Have a problem with that? If so, don't play a game that has masses of different people with different play styles.

Problems solved!

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,486

Originally posted by Hatefull Ahhh yes, another doom and gloom, "it's not the way I want it so it's going to die" thread. These always go so well. Let me grab a beer and some popcorn.

I never played Final Fantasy

As soon as I read that, every word of your post became: blah blah blah blah, irrelevant, blah blah.

So anyway,

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Lipstickpaddy
    FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. This MMO will bring an exodus this year as the devs simply aren't listening. Patch 2.1 brought things no one wanted: 1) Housing that affects nothing in the game, other than where lore players can have meetings.2) Arena PvP in a game that is PvE focused and Black Mages rule the roost with their AOE sleep... 30 secs long... good luck getting out of that.3) And did nothing to fix crafting in the game:3.1)  Crafting is awesome until you get to endgame.  You spend weeks getting say Weaving to level 50 where you can make level 70 gear.  This lasts no longer than a couple of days as end dungeon drops are better. 3.2)   Whoa 'White Knights' the crafting gear is good when you put material in it.  Let me discuss in 4)3.3)  No crafted gear at level 90 to compete with end raid gear.  (Allow a drop in the Raid to use for crafting to make end game crafting work) 4)  Materia4.1)  Materia in the game can only be purchased in the Auction House.  As the end raid stat that all classes needs is Vitality, the price is stupid high for top level material.  You should be able to buy these with currencies instead of the system that is in place.4.2)  I have a Intellengent top level 4 material.  Can I put it in my sockets on my gear.  NO!!!!  Why, because of a cap!'Yes says the chest piece, I will not let you put what you want in me.'  This is just the tip of the iceberg of gating that is in the game. 5)  Combat Animations since Beta 3 complained about boss ability animations are synched probably.  'I was well out of that!!!' is the shout from most players.  The cast bar is not tied to the animation!!! is the complaint... Sorry the devs are not listening. So, 2.1 came and all the above didn't get fixed.  Okay no worries, they wanted to add things no body wanted.  So here comes Square's chance to fix these issues in 2.2 Well the live letter today made no attempt to fix these things, so good luck Square in the future with your head in the sand.  I wasn't aware a Japenese Osterich existed. I hereby predict the mass exodus from XIV this year, as the veterans get to end game and experience the above.  With ESO and Wildstar coming out very soon, Square you either fix it or die.  Not that they care, otherwise they would be reading the English Forums and here complaints and many more on the lodestone. (XIV ARR: Forum) So White Knights that are blinded by your shiny armour... give me hate below and just realise that there will be an elephant in the room this year, be it ESO or Wildstar.  So look forward to your server exodus where you White Knights can come together in you tea party wearing your tin foil hats. 

Didnt you post something similar just the other day?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288

Wait... So what actually got changed?

I'm assuming something "SWG nge-like" had to have happened for your OP to have made any sense whatsoever, and yet, all I'm seeing are additions to the game. They might be shitty additions, but why would added features be what cause people to leave en masse.

Why is the reason you give for the sounding of the death knell to the game this patch in particular and not what the game lacks in general? Why make it part of your title at all if it doesn't actually support your theory?

Originally posted by Hatefull

Originally posted by Hatefull Ahhh yes, another doom and gloom, "it's not the way I want it so it's going to die" thread. These always go so well. Let me grab a beer and some popcorn.

I never played Final Fantasy

As soon as I read that, every word of your post became: blah blah blah blah, irrelevant, blah blah.

So anyway,

Still hurting from the PS2 spanking I see. Trolling for more? =:o

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

People have different tastes, and you can't make everyone happy.

That's okay, and it's okay to dislike what other people like because of that.  I look at Pantheon and obviously  it is not for 99% of you, but what 99% of you like is garbage in my opinion.

I get frustrated with FFXIV's mainstream focus personally, it has some things I like but a lot that I don't and that is because the game appeals to people who have diametrically opposed views of what makes an MMO enjoyable to me.  But even understanding that, it helps to come to this forum of all places and see that the "worst" of you still hate it.  So its not my perfect MMO, and Pantheon would certainly fit my ideal more but at least it must be doing something right because I don't have to play with some of you.

I don't want to play with some of you, and that's okay.  It's okay that you hate the game, and that I think you have poor taste, because we will never agree on what makes a good game.

@all the grouping is evil, entitled, Cash shop *&^%&#@, anti-endgame, anti-RPG, sandbox, Action combat!, Oh no I died, your game sucks", you've all certainly gotten your way in the Western MMORPG industry at large.  If there are still games that piss you off, at least I know I have a chance of continuing to find some enjoyment in the genre.

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by remsleep

Best game on the market - by whom?

Was there some huge event and award that I missed?

http://zantetsuken.net/news/ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-wins-igns-best-overall-mmorpg-award

http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2013/12/19/massivelys-best-of-2013-awards/

Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley
    Originally posted by remsleep

Best game on the market - by whom?

Was there some huge event and award that I missed?

http://zantetsuken.net/news/ffxiv-a-realm-reborn-wins-igns-best-overall-mmorpg-award

http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2013/12/19/massivelys-best-of-2013-awards/

From Massively...

Best Studio in 2013: Sony Online Entertainment

That should start a flame war in itself!

This discussion has been closed.