Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The future depends on us!

Pantheon is on kickstarter right now. If it doesn't get the min pledges it will die on the vine. Come over and pledge your support. At the $250 level you will pay 1 dollar annually for sub costs. This is a great opportunity to fight back against the large corporations that care only for the profit.

Pantheon is a lame name but it isn't about Greek mythology!

Please help us get a great game off the ground. We only have 26 days left to raise over 500k.

Design Tenets!

• An awareness that content is king.
  • A requirement that classes have identities. No single player should be able to do everything on their own.
  • A belief that game economies should be predicated on delaying and minimizing item value deflation.
  • A commitment to a style of play that focuses on immersive combat, and engaging group mechanics.
  • An understanding that a truly challenging game is truly rewarding.
  • An expectation that the path of least resistance should also be the most entertaining.
  • An understanding that player involvement is required for progression. All actions (or lack thereof) should have consequences. Positive actions should be rewarded. Apathy or lack of action should not be rewarded with bonuses. 
  • A mindset that designed downtime should be a part of a game, ensuring players have time to form important social bonds. 
  • A belief that an immersive world requires intelligent inhabitants.
  • An understanding that faction should be an integral part of interacting with the world and its citizens.
  •  A sincere commitment to creating a world where a focus on group play will attract those seeking a challenge.
  • A belief that the greatest sense of accomplishment comes when it is shared.  And earned.
  • An agreement that player levels should be both meaningful and memorable.

I cant link it here. Please google Pantheon kickstarter.

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'm not a fan of GW2 but why is this on the GW2 forums instead of the Pantheon?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245

I think we have a record for least amount of time it takes a fanbase to get obnoxious

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Ikonis

I think we have a record for least amount of time it takes a fanbase to get obnoxious

+1.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    There's a lot of good reasons people aren't backing Pantheon yet. You spamming other forums to pitch people to buy it isn't going to help. If anything it will turn more away.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Nope.. That title was won by CU.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

Nope.. That title was won by CU.

Took the words outta my mouth.

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

This is camelot unchained all over again, at least in regards to the "PR" being run by all the fans..

Camelot made it just above the goal, however I have my doubts with this one. And the kind of title for this thread does nothing to change that opinion.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776
    Originally posted by Druthlen

This is a great opportunity to fight back against the large corporations that care only for the profit.

You are kidding yourself if you think Brad is doing this out of the love of his heart.  He is doing it for the profit too.

MMO players have shown very clearly that they will throw money at a bag of shit if they think it is an MMO.  Brad want in on some of that money being thrown around.  But the way things are looking, Pantheon is the newest bag.

• Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202
    Backed...here's hoping others do too!
  • asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

Pantheon is Latin for "All Gods". Pan being all and Theo gods. Not necessarily Greek mythology. It was pretty widespread back in the days.

Why would you kickstart another indie MMO? It's not going to go well. Even if it gets passed its goal, chances are that they have severely miscalculated their budget. I doubt they hired economist to calculate the estimated cost of the project PRIOR to putting it up. Thing is that unless you manage to get a massive following a la Star Citizen you won't be able to afford it.

And even so, if the game launches successfully, it's still an indie team behind it. Doesn't matter how much experience the lead has because they won't be able to afford proper support for it. Whenever someone is hacked, there won't be any support staff to help out. They simply do not have the resources required for a relatively smooth experience. Not even triple A MMOs can do that.

Not to mention that the main demographic are old EQ fans. That's not really a massive demographic to being with. Although I'll admit I miss seeing some of the more unorthodox classes such as the ogre in MMOs. And if this game launches I'll purchase it. And I hope it does. But I don't think it should be kickstarted. They should find a publisher.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Replaceable, me-too MMO that's bound to make NO waves in the industry?

Thanks but no thanks. We have enough of those mmos floating around.