Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square-Enix Support Woes

AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I am venting here because I can NOT reach Square-Enix. Their customer support has me in an infinite loop, or catch-22, whichever you prefer.

I created an account for S-E for their FFXIV:ARR beta. After seeing the game was not for me, I DELETED my account on September 17, 2013. I am STILL getting "monthly newsletters" e-mails from them. Apparently not ALL my info was deleted. I am wondering what else is still on their records.

- I get these e-mails from "no-reply" so replying to them will accomplish nothing.
- Each e-mail has a "wonder button" called "unsubscribe/edit account where there is NO option to unsubscribe unless YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
- I go to their website to try to contact them to get my e-mail off their garbage list.
- In order to do ANYTHING on their site, you MUST have an account. well... mine is "invalid" because I deleted it.
- Forums are a no-go. Gotta have an account to even post there, too.
- No phone number listed that I could find.

So, in order to get my e-mail deleted from their database, I have to create an account. Then, I get to through all over again in order to get that new-mail deleted from their database.

This situation is not unique to Square-Enix. I have run into this problem in MANY, many websites. You can create an account with just a few clicks, but getting that account totally removed (to avoid future spam) is another thing.

I suppose if I reddit this, it may get a little more attention, but I'm not a fan of reddit.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by grndzro
    Use phone support.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=20&la=1&p=2&c=3&sc=18

Thanks for that link, but...
    "PlayOnline Registration Code" is *required* to move forward. Since I never bought FFXIV:ARR or paid them any subscription fees, my credit card info is also not on their files, which is also *required* to move forward.

[EDIT]
    It just occurred to me that they make players fill out a form for every type of contact (e-mail, chat, and phone - all using the same form)? Where is their support phone number listed?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    310-846-0345
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by grndzro
    310-846-0345
    Thanks. I'll give that a try :)

Where did you find that, if I may ask?

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR