Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SE can ban you for weeks if your critcal of them or the game.

2»

Comments

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

And no, the game isn't 'imploding' either. People saying that are just trying to spread negative word-of-mouth because they got their jaffa cakes 'stolen'.

What do you mean by that? The end is near because "so much shit has gone down"!

What's hilarious is that the way I got banned from the official forums would have been a much better example, instead of this tro- sorry, intellectual getting what he had coming.

You know what's even more hilarious? Some of the same intellectuals here consider me as some kind of fanboy yet as I said I got banned on the OF for criticizing the game. That's what fanboys do, right? Criticize the game and get the banhammer for it.

I guess in their confusion they assumed that since I call them out on their bullshit all the time that makes me a fanboy. This "neutral" forum has more than enough irrational haters that it leaves no room for real criticism. The only reason to come here is either to bash on an MMORPG you hate so much (or the genre as a whole) or to point out the biggest fallacies the haters like to claim.

That's kinda shocking since I've never seen you say anything non-complementary about FFXIV around here.

And yes this is a fairy neutral forum.  FFXIV gets a ton of hate here for the same reason ESO and SWTOR do:

A) They're not sandbox games and there are a lot of sandbox fans around here.

B) Nostalgia over previous games from the same IP that people had strong connections to which are significantly different from their modern incarnation.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by reeereee

That's kinda shocking since I've never seen you say anything non-complementary about FFXIV around here.

And yes this is a fairy neutral forum.  FFXIV gets a ton of hate here for the same reason ESO and SWTOR do:

B) Nostalgia over previous games from the same IP that people had strong connections to which are significantly different from their modern incarnation.

It shouldn't be shocking. This forum is far from neutral and you yourself listed the reasons. The biases are obvious and strong.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Originally posted by reeereee

It shouldn't be shocking. This forum is far from neutral and you yourself listed the reasons. The biases are obvious and strong.

Indeed, it seems like every thread the same people jump in to tell everyone that the game is failing.

And the same people, armed with insults and an opposing opinion, come in to tell them that it's not failing. This entire website is like a game of tug-of-war. On one side of the rope there are the haters, and on the other side there are the fanboys. Then you have the people not participating in the game that look at them like they're idiots for pulling each other through the mud to try and prove their superiority.

It wouldn't be so entertaining to come to this website if it weren't for that, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. 

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by simsalabim77

And the same people, armed with insults and an opposing opinion, come in to tell them that it's not failing. This entire website is like a game of tug-of-war. On one side of the rope there are the haters, and on the other side there are the fanboys. Then you have the people not participating in the game that look at them like they're idiots for pulling each other through the mud to try and prove their superiority.

It wouldn't be so entertaining to come to this website if it weren't for that, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. 

Yeah, if we assume that there's as many fanboys as there are haters.

I can count the fanboys with one hand's fingers for any game. The haters though are a dime in a dozen. That's how a website designed for people who don't like anything works.

It's a good thing we can always play a game where the two sides are completely equal. Always fun times, if delusional.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Their forums, their rules, it's why I never post on company or fan sponsored sites and prefer more neutral venues such as this one.

^

This.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

ok

for the twenty hundreth billionth time i will repeat this sentence yes its different game but same sentence applies

"its their game they can do what the fudge the like to the player base, heck if they dont like your whiny little voice they can ban you, your family, you mother, your great grandchildren"

And lets get this straight not a damn thing you can do.

So as the shopkeeper said to the little crying boy "here is a lolly suck it up bitch"

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043

It's been months now, but I remember receiving a 10 day suspension from their forums when I made a topic with pics and a video of the mining bots in action on the Ultros server. I made a topic title along the lines of "3rd party botting is running rampant" and despite it being a picture of the node-warping botting in action, along with a brief video, ended up getting flamed and trolled. I wrote a comment that said "What the hell is wrong with you people...? You can't possibly be this big of a white knight and just pretend the botting isn't happening at all..." and some random user just blatantly trolled me. "Maybe the problem isn't the botting, maybe you're the problem with this game. Just leave; no one will miss you." was along the lines of the response.

I wake up the next day and check my email, and it informs me that I've been suspended from the forums. When I re-visited the thread, there were around 5 more replies, all rude and venomous and consisting of "We don't want you here anyway".

It served as a reminder as to why I don't ever really use official forums. They are always filled with the LCD of the gaming population. There's no room for discussion or criticisms of any kind, and threads just constantly devolve into flamefests at the first sign of an opinion that isn't "THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!"

MMORPG.com definitely has it's share of haters, but I think the thing I can appreciate about this site is that there's a good ratio of dedicated haters vs. frothing-at-the-mouth fanboys. It keeps things balanced. Official forums are always just rabid fanboys attacking anyone and everyone who has anything to say about the game.

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Stop crying , 2 weeks is lol .  I got this email.

LIFE TIME BAN ,    for saying what I thought of the game.

Dear Customer:

This notice is to inform you that we have terminated your access to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum for one or more violations of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement that occurred on 1/27/2014. Specifically, you have violated following Section(s) of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.

Relevant sections from the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Forum Guidelines:

* Posting aimed to create a negative impact on the community or its members.

* Posting that constitutes discrimination against another forum member or group (also including forming groups for the purpose of discrimination), insults, slander, libel, harassment of a group or individual.