Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What age groups are going to be playing this game? Poll.

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

I'll be playing this game when it comes out.   I'm really curious on what age groups are looking to play this game given the M rating and following.   Feel free to say why do you think your age group likes this game?

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I think there are 2 problems with the poll:

1) You're going to get age groups of MMORPG.com users

2) You're going to get age groups of those who have made the decision to play ESO before the NDA has even been dropped

As result, I'd say it's unlikely that you'd get age groups that represent ESO players in any meaningful way.

• AppokAppok Member Posts: 20
    I think the same age group as all the elder scrolls fans over the years.
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Vrika

1) You're going to get age groups of only MMORPG.com users

2) You're going to get age groups of only those who have made the decision to ESO before the NDA has even been dropped

Small demographic as you said - but I'm still interested in the results.

BTW: 

99-150 - 15.4%   HILARIOUS!

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    I voted for my age (32), but I can't really speak for my entire age group.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by Comaf

BTW: 

Maybe it's about how mature they think they are?

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    awesome ,there are 99-150 larger group ESO players
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    my age group likes every type of game...
  • srsnoobsrsnoob Member Posts: 44
    *Cough*Cough*Weeze*Huuuu* You youngsters don't know what you're getting yourself into. I remember back when me and buddies fought in WWII. There was freezing winters, 1 minute cold showers, and more mud in your boots than you could clean out! You fellers don't stand no chance us against us vets! We may be 100+ years old but we ain't no yellow bellies and Cyrodiil is gonna be ours! Now get off my lawn! *Huuuuuuu*Cough*Cough*
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

1) You're going to get age groups of only MMORPG.com users

2) You're going to get age groups of only those who have made the decision to ESO before the NDA has even been dropped

Small demographic as you said - but I'm still interested in the results.

BTW: 

Thats the age group 13-25 ...LOL

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I don't see this game appealing to the younger mmo generation that much from my experience (experience could mean anything... nda) - but definitely to the older crowd I think.  I'm 35 and I'm there at launch.  Would I have been at 15, 18, 21?  Hard to say, but most likely at that time I would have been more interested in Wildstar.
  • fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Margulis
    I don't see this game appealing to the younger mmo generation that much from my experience but definitely to the older crowd I think.  I'm 35 and I'm there at launch.  Would I have been at 15, 18, 21?  Hard to say, but most likely at that time I would have been more interested in Wildstar.

Hell at 15-21  RPG dice rolling and D&D was the thing we did.  IF tthis game came out back then... This would have been the ONE hands down!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Rusque
    I voted for my age (32), but I can't really speak for my entire age group.

I went with the 31-40 age group as well (and I'm part of it).

Surveys and other such research have also shown that the majority of gamers are in that bracket, and most of the people I've met on MMO's have supported the surveys' results.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

BTW: 

Maybe it's about how mature they think they are?

They think themselves to be senile? image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by fistorm
    Originally posted by Margulis
    I don't see this game appealing to the younger mmo generation that much from my experience but definitely to the older crowd I think.  I'm 35 and I'm there at launch.  Would I have been at 15, 18, 21?  Hard to say, but most likely at that time I would have been more interested in Wildstar.

Hell at 15-21  RPG dice rolling and D&D was the thing we did.  IF tthis game came out back then... This would have been the ONE hands down!

Yeah but it's all different now.  So much of the mmo community was brought up on WOW and knows nothing else but that game.  I can't tell you how many "There is no minimap!!?/!?!?" or "There are no damage numbers on npc's heads!?!?!?" FAIL!!!! statements I've seen on threads for ESO.  And obviously it's not a universal thing but I'm guessing the older mmo crowd is WAY less likely to be screaming those sorts of things than the younger crowd.  And ESO has quite a few of those system elements that people who played EQ1, Vanguard, etc are probably going to embrace but that the Wow generation will cringe at.  And in general the EQ1 and Vanguard players are an older population of gamers.

I'm sure there will be a mix as there is in all games, but  I would suspect the ESO and Repopulation crowds to have a much higher population of older gamers than a game like Wildstar. 

• Niall18Niall18 Member Posts: 31
    I don't really see how it matters what age plays the game? If you dont wanna deal with 13year olds if your 30+ then dont join a guild made of them. Thats pretty much problem solved lol.

Check out my Blog for MMO News, Rants & Fun!

http://MMO-Elitist.blogger.com

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

Me personally I would love as many kids as possible to play the games I love.   The reason is they will grow up and buy games I love.   Not to mention,  I hope parents who play ESO only buy their kids ESO, so one day you don't get blindsided by the next generations games you don't like.  Just my opinion.  

Bottom LINE:  BUY YOUR KIDS WHAT YOU LIKE!  least you have to play something you dont like when they grow up, like Free Realms and eq next as a great example.  If you knew free realms was going to be eq next someday and ruin your dream game, would you have let them play it?   

They don't call it next generation games for nothing,  so make sure your kids are on your side when they grow up.   YES, I REALLY DID SAY BRAINWASH THEM.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I don't really think that it having an M rating will affect it that much at all.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX
    I don't really think that it having an M rating will affect it that much at all.

Nope..

The MMO crowd is in general 30+  espescially the people that love to play these less flashy deep lore and story based PvE games..

And then if you get an M rating, make use of it... add depth to the stories with sexual intrigues and adult humor..  And some lucious temple ladies and guards...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SonicBorgSonicBorg Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by fistorm

Me personally I would love as many kids as possible to play the games I love.   The reason is they will grow up and buy games I love.   Not to mention,  I hope parents who play ESO only buy their kids ESO, so one day you don't get blindsided by the next generations games you don't like.  Just my opinion.  

Bottom LINE:  BUY YOUR KIDS WHAT YOU LIKE!  least you have to play something you dont like when they grow up, like Free Realms and eq next as a great example.  If you knew free realms was going to be eq next someday and ruin your dream game, would you have let them play it?   

They don't call it next generation games for nothing,  so make sure your kids are on your side when they grow up.   YES, I REALLY DID SAY BRAINWASH THEM.

To be honest you might be onto something here with regards to parents and kids.

I often hear how parents make sure their kids are friends with them on facebook etc so they can keep an eye on things that go on. Why not have the same mentality in gaming. If you child enjoys playing games like MMO's you can spend 'quality time' with them by joining them, ensuring they grow up with manners and respect, something that got lost on the internet.

Oh 31+ btw, my best years are yet to come!

• GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172

What a silly poll!  You can't select more than one age bracket and most games I play appeal to multiple age brackets.  And it has age brackets like 99+ 

This game will appeal to most every age and I don't think a single age bracket will be its primary audience.   Just for fun I voted for my age bracket, 41 to 60 year olds.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by Grunim

You can't select more than one age bracket and most games I play appeal to multiple age brackets. 

Ok I'll bite:

Why would you want to choose more than one age bracket?

Do you have more than 1 birthday?

You stay sassy!

• RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149
    Me (30) and 6 friends (30-32) will be playing it at launch.
  • RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by Tamanous

You can't select more than one age bracket and most games I play appeal to multiple age brackets. 

Ok I'll bite:

In his defence, the title isn't clear.

What age group(S) are going to be playing this game?

^ Implies that the OP wants to know which age groups we feel will play the game. He doesn't ask in his title what age group we are in, specifically. 

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by RabbiFang
    Originally posted by Tamanous

Ok I'll bite:

In his defence, the title isn't clear.

What age group(S) are going to be playing this game?

^ Implies that the OP wants to know which age groups we feel will play the game. He doesn't ask in his title what age group we are in, specifically. 

"Feel free to say why do you think your age group likes this game?"

I thought his intent was perfectly clear. One choice confirms he wants you to post YOUR age group and to feel free to discuss your choice.

The trick to any competent discussion it to understand the meaning and purpose behind the subject and not quibble over difficulty in expression. Failure in this is largely why we get multiple pages of arguments on these forums because so many dispute semantics instead of bothering to understand meaning and intent.

"What age groups are going to be playing this game?"

This isn't asking you to guess the total age groups. It is reference to the what the final result of the poll will be after people make their choice. It would be a completely pointless poll if it asked for "guesses" which does not result in a measurable collection of facts.

You stay sassy!

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Alone that  the game offers a monthly subscription will draw attention to more mature players. Everyone knows how a community looks like in so called "F2P" games.