Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is your update working

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I just reinstalled the game from discs and tried to update it.  It is not working at all.  I am getting "the station launchpad is unable to connect to the network at this time"

Anyone have any ideas. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• LiltihiaLiltihia Member Posts: 19
    IF it hasent all ready happened, this game is all ready or is getting shut down.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

it shuts down in july.

The launcher may have changed from back when the disc where sold so it may not connect anymore. You may have to DL the game from the site or they may have a patched launcher you can install.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I know ,that is why I am trying to get it up and going.  I want to play it again, while I still can.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• differentdifferent Member Posts: 180

It's not shutting until July 31st. The game is working fine but you will need to download from the VG website and not the disks. I don't think the Sony Launcher even exists in the form it did years ago.

I installed again this morning to and will spend time until shutdown travelling the world and getting some nice screenshots

Do you have the link?

--John Ruskin

• differentdifferent Member Posts: 180
    https://www.vanguardthegame.com/home clicking on play free will download the setup
    DL now.  thanks

--John Ruskin

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Steam is also an option.