Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this just strictly space play without any "ground" play?

NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253

I have been have been thinking about getting the Constellation ship or two Avengers (one for me and son), after looking at the videos on it (very impressed by it so far), and I am wondering how much of the play or story is strictly space/ground?

Considering, that I will be playing with son and possibly 4 or 5 friends, just debating about putting forth some funds to support the game and help reach its' goals (seems to be off to a good start).

Anyone know?

Comments

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

FPS ground combat was at 20 million.

They are at over 37 Million now.

Read the streatch goals to get familiar with the current scope of the project.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Last time the talked about this on Wingman's Hanger Rob Irving the game's lead designer stated that on average it should be about a 60/40 split as far as space and ground content goes. Of course this is entirely subjective to the individual as well. If you don't want FPS combat there will be ways to avoid it but you'll run into it still from time to time. In other words how much FPS is necessary will be up to the person's play style as well as through game mechanics.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• SerebrenSerebren Member UncommonPosts: 10
    This game is built on the Crysis 3 game engine, originally developed for ground FPS combat. Devs have stated it will have both ground and in-ship (boarding actions) FPS combat in addition to the ship to ship FPS. Of these, only the ship to ship FPS has to be built from a low level, as the Crysis game engine already has exceptional support for the other two.

Best thing to do is watch all of those Wingman's Hangar episodes, then check out the forums.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    It depends how much money you're willing to give them.  <wink, wink>
  • NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    It depends how much money you're willing to give them.  

Well, once they put in the Merc gunship and a Merc freight or freighter that's huge, I'll be buying it. was gonna get Constellation, but waiting on the Mercenary gunship as I plan on playing as a Bounty hunter with friends and family.