Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think SC is getting too much in the direction of pay2win ?

apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273

Do you think Star Citizen is distancing to his original goals from kickstarter - no pay2win, play ships in one year etc  ?

Comments

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234
    Your little crusade is getting nauseating. How about you swallow your repeated attempts to demean a product that hasnt even released yet.
  • apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by atuerstar
    Your little crusade is getting nauseating. How about you swallow your repeated attempts to demean a product that hasnt even released yet.

You can always report my threads/posts to the mods if you think they are breaking forum rules. 

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

pay2win?

explain please.

Originally posted by Beanpuie

pay2win?

explain please.

is not like what they sell in cash shop is strictly cosmetic and is not like they are  forced now to raise more cash ....

• shellersheller Member Posts: 14

This game isn't pay to win.

Would be like me paying 20 dollars to have an awp in CS competitive play.  I have a pretty good weapon, but someone could just headshot me with an AK and make my 20 dollars worthless.  

In other words; Pay to win doesn't work with twitched based combat games.

Originally posted by sheller

This game isn't pay to win.

Would be like me paying 20 dollars to have an awp in CS competitive play.  I have a pretty good weapon, but someone could just headshot me with an AK and make my 20 dollars worthless.  

In other words; Pay to win doesn't work with twitched based combat games.

Beside this awp is not a fun weapon for everybody, i personaly liked ak47 more than awp.

But I hope you agree with me that in round 1 someone that bought ak47 with 20 bucks will win 9/10 if you go to him with your pistol (assuming appropiate skill level).

• Geebus80Geebus80 Member Posts: 92

Cant be pay2win when the ship sales will not be continuing over to the game itself.

The ships being sold are head starts for backers, there will be NO ship sales or even a cash shop after launch. Chris has stated exactly this multiple times not to mention the fact that he has said he doesnt support ANY p2w game or model.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Geebus80

Cant be pay2win when the ship sales will not be continuing over to the game itself.

The ships being sold are head starts for backers, there will be NO ship sales or even a cash shop after launch. Chris has stated exactly this multiple times not to mention the fact that he has said he doesnt support ANY p2w game or model.

Lifetime insurance is a permanent advantage though. That was a mistake. Selling ships is OK if they aren't the best in class but LTI was wrong.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by Geebus80

Lifetime insurance is a permanent advantage though. That was a mistake. Selling ships is OK if they aren't the best in class but LTI was wrong.

While this is true the real truth of the matter is we don't know how much of an advantage this really will be. If the regular insurance in game isn't that expensive over time it may only save us backers virtually pennies in the overall scheme of things.

Besides it's been made very clear from the start that ship sales will not carry over into the game. All the ships that are being offered now will be attainable in game through in-game mechanics to obtain through regular game play. After the Public Universe goes live THIS WILL BE THE ONLY WAY TO OBTAIN SHIPS. You will have to obtain ships by either purchasing them in game for UEC (The in game currency) or through other game mechanics like through the Boarding Mechanic. The only thing that will be able to be purchased with real money after the PU goes live will be the game itself and small amounts of UEC which will be severely limited to prevent people from simply buying their way to wealthiness in game.

Now... I think everyone here should take a long look at the OP's post history. It's a very interesting last couple of years he's been here.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Originally posted by Brenelael

While this is true the real truth of the matter is we don't know how much of an advantage this really will be. If the regular insurance in game isn't that expensive over time it may only save us backers virtually pennies in the overall scheme of things.

Besides it's been made very clear from the start that ship sales will not carry over into the game. All the ships that are being offered now will be attainable in game through in-game mechanics to obtain through regular game play. After the Public Universe goes live THIS WILL BE THE ONLY WAY TO OBTAIN SHIPS. You will have to obtain ships by either purchasing them in game for UEC (The in game currency) or through other game mechanics like through the Boarding Mechanic. The only thing that will be able to be purchased with real money after the PU goes live will be the game itself and small amounts of UEC which will be severely limited to prevent people from simply buying their way to wealthiness in game.

Now... I think everyone here should take a long look at the OP's post history. It's a very interesting last couple of years he's been here.

Bren

you are seriously deluding yourself. There is absolutely no way that, once the game launches, they stop selling all ships. absolutely no way. Maybe they will stop selling the current ships, but all the new ones they make will be for sale. And those will be the only ones worth flying because they will be better (otherwise what's the point of getting them?).

if you buy that bull crap you are the most gullible person i've had the pleasure of meeting in this forums. 

On top of that the in game currency will be purchasable with real money, and if that's not P2W i don't know what is. if someone can buy the necessities for pvp faster than you can farm them, than you cannot compete, and that is P2W. 

you do not just turn off a cash cow, and cash shops have been proven to make incredibly more money than subscriptions. dust out your wallet chumps, cause this game is gonna give it a workout. 

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Bren

you are seriously deluding yourself. There is absolutely no way that, once the game launches, they stop selling all ships. absolutely no way. Maybe they will stop selling the current ships, but all the new ones they make will be for sale. And those will be the only ones worth flying because they will be better (otherwise what's the point of getting them?).

if you buy that bull crap you are the most gullible person i've had the pleasure of meeting in this forums. 

On top of that the in game currency will be purchasable with real money, and if that's not P2W i don't know what is. if someone can buy the necessities for pvp faster than you can farm them, than you cannot compete, and that is P2W. 

you do not just turn off a cash cow, and cash shops have been proven to make incredibly more money than subscriptions. dust out your wallet chumps, cause this game is gonna give it a workout. 

When the game launches and I'm right... Are you going to come back here and admit it? I'll do the same for you but I seriously doubt I'll have to. I eagerly await your reply. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Locking this because although a little bit of discussion has happened in the last couple of posts, this really wasn't a discussion thread.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.