Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Landmark: Alpha System Specs Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has revealed the system specifications for those who will be participating in the EverQuest Next: Landmark alpha test set to commence at the end of January. Users will be required to have a 64-bit system as, according to Dave Georgeson, the game is not yet optimized.

Minimum System Requirements:

OS – Windows 7 64 bit

Processor – Intel i5 Dual Core or higher / AMD Phenom X3 or higher

Memory – 4GB RAM

Hard Drive – 20GB Free

Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM

Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 275 series or higher / AMD HD 4890 or higher

Sound Card – DirectX compatible

Internet – Broadband (10Mbit/sec or higher)

Recommended System Requirements:

OS – Windows 7 64 bit

Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher

Memory – 8GB RAM

Hard Drive – 20GB Free

Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM

Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher

Sound Card – DirectX compatible

Please be aware that throughout Alpha, we will continue to make adjustments and optimize system performance. As such, throughout Alpha (and Beta), these system requirements are subject to change.

Read more on the EverQuest Next: Landmark page.

imageimage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Recommended System Requirements:

OS – Windows 7 64 bit Check!
    Processor – Intel i5 Quad Core or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher Failed (AMD Phenom II X4)
    Memory – 8GB RAM Check!
    Hard Drive – 20GB Free Check!
    Video Memory – 1,024 MB RAM Check!
    Video Card – nVidia GeForce GTX 560 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher Check!
    Sound Card – DirectX compatible Check!
    Internet – Broadband (10Mbit/sec or higher) Check!

Ok! Just the CPU that is 1 step under recommended. I should be fine... Lets go already!!!

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Looks like recommended is quite easy on specs, actually. Just wonder what they consider "recommended". Can such a system run the game at 60 FPS with all settings maxed, or is it more like medium settings. My rig is far above the recommended, so should be safe, but still wondering.

We'll see in a month or so, I guess. I don't believe that anyone will be getting in alpha within January.

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Looks like recommended is quite easy on specs, actually. Just wonder what they consider "recommended". Can such a system run the game at 60 FPS with all settings maxed, or is it more like medium settings. My rig is far above the recommended, so should be safe, but still wondering.

We'll see in a month or so, I guess. I don't believe that anyone will be getting in alpha within January.

There were several articles in the past two days with SOE staff saying it would be out by the end of January.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

ok- never been an everquest player- i recently ran into an article here and started to inquire further into this game.

looks pretty amazing from the youtube videos on the forth coming 'everquest next'!!!

so i will be trying out 'landmark' for sure!!!- i finally was able to distinguish the the two.-lol!!!

this def could be the next gen mmo- if they deliver  what they showed for 'everquest next'!

im excited!

alpha is feb 28th!

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401

Alpha is Feb 28th, if I recall correctly. Glad I meet every spec except cpu for recommended, Looks like my 965BE, is getting dated. Happy my new computer is nearly complete, got over a month to finish tinkering.

• tasburathtasburath Member UncommonPosts: 47

You have got to be kidding me?  What information is this game passing?

I played EQ1 for years on dial-up and it was lag free.  This included 70 man raids and heal rotations, etc.

Every other MMO I've played recently runs fine on my 3 MB dsl and that is while using mumble or teamspeak at the same time.

SO once again, what is this game transferring that requires that much bandwidth?

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by tasburath

I played EQ1 for years on dial-up and it was lag free.  This included 70 man raids and heal rotations, etc.

Every other MMO I've played recently runs fine on my 3 MB dsl and that is while using mumble or teamspeak at the same time.

SO once again, what is this game transferring that requires that much bandwidth?

You can't be seriously comparing EQ one to Landmark in regards to bandwidth demands?

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

image   <--Me with a 3mb DSL connection. Sorry man, but games are simply more demanding these days. Same reason you need to upgrade a video card or a hard drive. More information requires more processing.

• ThulenThulen Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Normal mmo's dont allow you to drastically change the landscape or build giant detailed things, they need alot of bandwidth to keep up with all the changes to voxels and streaming.

Voxel data. That's why it also takes a ton of memory. This has been discussed over in the Everquest Landmark forums before and we suspected the bandwidth requirements will be heavy.

Originally posted by st3v3b0

There were several articles in the past two days with SOE staff saying it would be out by the end of January.

They're talking about their event at the SOE campus on the 31st, where people will be able to play. Nothing solid said about the alpha starting this month, unless I've missed something.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    No they have definitely said alpha will start this month. They are ahead of schedule.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Sounds like my old Windows XP isnt going to be able to handle some of the new "voxel" MMOs.......For some reason I dont think I am going to miss much.
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    No they have definitely said alpha will start this month. They are ahead of schedule.

Can you point me to a place where they definitely say that?

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Can you point me to a place where they definitely say that?

All we really have is a tweet from Smedley stating that alpha should begin by the second half of January.  It's in one of the mmorpg posts.  There was no official announcement.  Therefore this late in the month with no date announced, I doubt this will be true, but they could surprise us at the last minute.  I doubt we will have to wait long after Feb 1st though...

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by nuttob
    Here is the link of the Smedley tweet:  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/982/view/news/page/1/read/29491/EverQuest-Next-Landmark-Smed-Lets-Loose-Alpha-News.html

yes,indeed...i believe that maybe for the Jannuary 31st 2014 attendees in san diego event! they said some keys maybe distributed.

nevertheless- purchased my pack -so looking forward to this!!

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Eh, I'm sure for most situations sub-10Mbps will be fine, they're probably just trying to cover situations with lots of terrain modification going on in a small area with lots of players. Just running around exploring however? Doubtful that much is necessary.

If that is indeed required for average game play though, then they're excluding a large chunk of potential players.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    They said that the early alpha requirements would be huge. Once they have fully optimized the game those specs will go down.