Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They refuse to fix exploits in the PvP system for about 1 year now...

First i will explain how their PvP system works:

- The game has 3 brackets, lvl 10-30, 31-54 and 55

- There is a bolster system in place, giving everyone level 55 stats

- The bolster system is also in place for the level 55 bracket and for Ranked PvP

Now the problem:

At 55, you can get normal gear - PvE gear -  from the GTN(auction house) and get better stats(via bolster) compared to the best available PvP gear. The number of people abusing this is increasing, as more and more people join the group since its clear that you can`t beat them.

This has been going on for a while now(1 year) and is breaking any ranked PvP and makes the PvP gear obsolete for anything but world PvP(bolster doesn`t work in world PvP).

BIOWARE is too busy adding new stuff in the Cartel Market(their cash shop) to even care, but i figured new people that want to try the game might want to know how things are... so here you have it folks.

I posted this hoping that once everyone knows about it/using it and gaming websites are reporting on this or at least asking them if its true, they might fix it. Crossing fingers... ;)

Comments

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    ....coz complaining here is gonna get it fixed?

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by apocoluster

No, complaining here will get people attention because SWToR made a bunch of money last year and there are a bunch of people who are apparently unhappy about it.

Anyway, that doesn't sound like an exploit.  That seems more like something setup by design.  Perhaps PvE is where they want the focus of the game.  Perhaps they want people buying things off of the GCN.  Both of these things are things that lie behind the pay wall, so from an outsider's perspective, it seems like they want people to get with buying a subscription.

Except most of the PvP lies behind a pay wall too.  This sounds more like the PvP system not working as some people expect, and rather than roll with the system they decide to go it their own way and *surprise!* it doesn't work.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

- The bolster system is also in place for the level 55 bracket and for Ranked PvP

Now the problem:

At 55, you can get normal gear - PvE gear -  from the GTN(auction house) and get better stats(via bolster) compared to the best available PvP gear. The number of people abusing this is increasing, as more and more people join the group since its clear that you can`t beat them.

This has been going on for a while now(1 year) and is breaking any ranked PvP and makes the PvP gear obsolete for anything but world PvP(bolster doesn`t work in world PvP).

BIOWARE is too busy adding new stuff in the Cartel Market(their cash shop) to even care, but i figured new people that want to try the game might want to know how things are... so here you have it folks.

I posted this hoping that once everyone knows about it/using it and gaming websites are reporting on this or at least asking them if its true, they might fix it. Crossing fingers... ;)

You, have no idea what you're talking about.  The bolster system is in place, but only provides half the stat necessary. The expertise is the determinate factor in pvp. It caps at 2018 . This offers more resists and mitigation. A fully geared 67 armor rating pvp player hits for ridiculous numbers vs non-pvp geared players. The difference between 65 pvp  gear and and 78 pve gear is not as large. Still in arena match play, non-expertise geared players die very quickly. I guarantee that in Ranked matches fully geared pvp players love to see non-pvp geared players. It's a quick win. BTW it does work in world pvp also , just head over to Makeb or Oricon and see how fast you get spanked. Chances are that it's the player and not the game that's the problem.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

Now the problem:

You, have no idea what you're talking about.  The bolster system is in place, but only provides half the stat necessary. The expertise is the determinate factor in pvp. It caps at 2018 . This offers more resists and mitigation. A fully geared 67 armor rating pvp player hits for ridiculous numbers vs non-pvp geared players. The difference between 65 pvp  gear and and 78 pve gear is not as large. Still in arena match play, non-expertise geared players die very quickly. I guarantee that in Ranked matches fully geared pvp players love to see non-pvp geared players. It's a quick win. BTW it does work in world pvp also , just head over to Makeb or Oricon and see how fast you get spanked. Chances are that it's the player and not the game that's the problem.

[mod edit]

The problem is that PvE gear is BOLSTERED so it has 2018 expertise AND more power/main stat/crit/hp compared to the best PvP gear available. 

So people in PvE gear get to have better stats compared to people in the best min/maxed PvP gear available. That is the problem.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Frankly I'm not a fan of two gear systems as I hate having to switch all my stuff around just to play the occasional warzone. The sooner that gets eliminated the better.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

Now the problem:

[mod edit]

The problem is that PvE gear is BOLSTERED so it has 2018 expertise AND more power/main stat/crit/hp compared to the best PvP gear available. 

So people in PvE gear get to have better stats compared to people in the best min/maxed PvP gear available. That is the problem.

Plainly and simply, you are absolutely incorrect.

Originally posted by troick

Now the problem:

[mod edit]

Hey can you post a link that's shows the stats because I believe  the other guy is correct and you are off on your idea of how it works.  So if you got some links it will help clarify your stance. 

There is no link, the players asked the devs for 2 years for an explanation about the system, we recently got one, but it is not any good - all they said we already figured out on our own.

You guys must not be in the loop, there are GUIDES on how to get PvE gear bolstered so its better than PvP gear up on the forums... its nothing new.

It only escalated today because people found out even more ways to cheat the system and get crap gear bolstered to be a lot better than the best PvP gear.

If you need any proof check SWTOR pvp forums right now, there are a lot of threads about it. I just figured i`d let the people here know what`s up in case MMORPG.COM staff wants to help out and ask the SWTOR developers questions about this... even a "is it true?" would do wonders, as they have to answer something, and they can`t say its not true because as i said, there are GUIDES detailing the process.

I will now quote from the STICKY post named "How to Become a Contender: Supplemental(Bolster, PvP Gear, and You)" from the SWTOR PvP forum:

PvE combinations for MH/OH are BiS for PvP. As much as it pisses me off something fierce, MANY PvE combinations are close/BIS for PvP on MHs/OHs. My surge and crit are pretty much the same across the board(19%/76%). As long as you don't sacrifice Bolstered EXP, these are more favorable than Obroan MH/OH. Here are some screens:
    Crafted 58 Purples: Force Scream: 3008
    http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3077d8fa.png
    Classic/Crafted 61 Purples: Force Scream: 3010
    http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4da5419c.png

What is basically saying is that PvE Items are BIS(Best in slot) for PvP. That is a small example showing it can be done, truth is he most likely did not want to show everything as there are ways to bolster the PvE gear to be a lot better than the PvP one.

Hope this makes it all clear. As i said, the SWTOR forums are full of people raging about this right now, as it is becoming wide spread. Until now most people did not think this is true/possible, but now they are beginning to see the light. :)

Now the problem:

[mod edit]

Hey can you post a link that's shows the stats because I believe  the other guy is correct and you are off on your idea of how it works.  So if you got some links it will help clarify your stance. 

There are no screenshots, which would be helpful, but basically people are taking gear that shouldn't give them the best PvP stats, walking into the battlezones and seeing the best PvP stats.  It doesn't sound like a tremendous difference, and the difference has only been noticeable for about a week or so.

Again, no screenshots so not sure if it's true.

It is true, just follow the guide i quoted above and you can see for yourself.

The ranked PvP crowd has been screaming about this for a while now, but since they are a small community and only a few of them decided to share this and not just use it... most people figured its either nothing significant or its a lie.

Truth is, you can wear full PvE gear and be bolstered to a lot better stats than say somebody who has min/maxed his PVP gear. Nobody will link a screenshot due to obvious reasons, how would it look for them if people realized some of the TOP PvP players have been using this exploit to get better stats than anyone else?

Hopefully now that it is getting attention it will get fixed sooner rather than later.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Better get used to it. The dev team is known for wild oscillations that typically break something pretty bad when they attempt to fix something else. There are big warning signs all over the internet about what to expect from the game: Customer Service, Technical Problems, Content Issues, and inability to fix problems. It's definitely play at your own risk, and if you don't like something don't hold your breath for it to change.

It's a great game other than that.  

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Now the problem:

You are 100% wrong.

It is true, just follow the guide i quoted above and you can see for yourself.

The ranked PvP crowd has been screaming about this for a while now, but since they are a small community and only a few of them decided to share this and not just use it... most people figured its either nothing significant or its a lie.

Truth is, you can wear full PvE gear and be bolstered to a lot better stats than say somebody who has min/maxed his PVP gear. Nobody will link a screenshot due to obvious reasons, how would it look for them if people realized some of the TOP PvP players have been using this exploit to get better stats than anyone else?

Hopefully now that it is getting attention it will get fixed sooner rather than later.

Well, that's not "proof".  Proof would be screenshots or a video showing the difference and then showing it in action.

If it is true, the developers know, but that doesn't mean it's going to get fixed quickly.  They'll fix it based on their priorities which are "?".

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159

Now the problem:

[mod edit]

this is wrong. pve gear is not beter then pvp there is only 1 item atm that is. thats 78 weapen. gives you more dmg but you lose dmg mitigation. if you min max your pvp gear . you will own ppl inn pve gear

Originally posted by Shodanas
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Dude, the only thing your links show, is that its possible to get a 2 point crit increase using PVE main hand or offhand.

Thats a FAR diff discussion than PVE gear in general being BiS, or your previous claims of being bolstered to exp cap wearing all PVE gear.

And to even try to claim that 1 or 2 PVE items being BiS for PVP is a SWTOR/Bioware issue, you clearly have never played a tiered gear themepark. To this day, PVE trinkets are BiS in WoW/Rift.

Your whole arguement is disengenous at best.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Ok, let's assume that this is true. I'm not certain of all the logistics of it, but wouldn't it simply be better for people to grind for PvE gear instead then? If that's the case then I don't see why it's an issue. 

Also, it's fair to mention that people who are boosted don't get things like talent points, skills, etc. that someone actually at or beyond level 55 might have, meaning that they don't have the more powerful skills. That's how I remember it anyway.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    If pvp was super important to you, you wouldn't be doing it in this game.

Now the problem:

[mod edit]

There is no link, the players asked the devs for 2 years for an explanation about the system, we recently got one, but it is not any good - all they said we already figured out on our own.

You guys must not be in the loop, there are GUIDES on how to get PvE gear bolstered so its better than PvP gear up on the forums... its nothing new.

It only escalated today because people found out even more ways to cheat the system and get crap gear bolstered to be a lot better than the best PvP gear.

If you need any proof check SWTOR pvp forums right now, there are a lot of threads about it. I just figured i`d let the people here know what`s up in case MMORPG.COM staff wants to help out and ask the SWTOR developers questions about this... even a "is it true?" would do wonders, as they have to answer something, and they can`t say its not true because as i said, there are GUIDES detailing the process.

I will now quote from the STICKY post named "How to Become a Contender: Supplemental(Bolster, PvP Gear, and You)" from the SWTOR PvP forum:

PvE combinations for MH/OH are BiS for PvP. As much as it pisses me off something fierce, MANY PvE combinations are close/BIS for PvP on MHs/OHs. My surge and crit are pretty much the same across the board(19%/76%). As long as you don't sacrifice Bolstered EXP, these are more favorable than Obroan MH/OH. Here are some screens:
    Crafted 58 Purples: Force Scream: 3008
    http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3077d8fa.png
    Classic/Crafted 61 Purples: Force Scream: 3010
    http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4da5419c.png

What is basically saying is that PvE Items are BIS(Best in slot) for PvP. That is a small example showing it can be done, truth is he most likely did not want to show everything as there are ways to bolster the PvE gear to be a lot better than the PvP one.

Hope this makes it all clear. As i said, the SWTOR forums are full of people raging about this right now, as it is becoming wide spread. Until now most people did not think this is true/possible, but now they are beginning to see the light. :)

You're whining about sub 55 pvp combat. Since 30 to 54 combat is bolstered gear is pretty well irrelevant. The specific reason, pvp is used as a leveling mechanic. The whole thread is about something that becomes irrelevant at 55. So good luck with that , it's not worth any further discussion. All that rage for something people don't comprehend and you brought it here like it's some giant gamebreaking revelation, which it's not. Come back once you've hit 55 and actually skilled up and let me know how you're fairing. these are 55 toons fighting in sub 55 WZ's that haven't skilled up. Saw one in 55 pvp , absolutely useless. Not even useful as dps goes and generally weak. So it's basically a useless troll build.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    PvP system in SWG better by miles.
    Originally posted by LoverNoFighter
    PvP system in SWG better by miles.

lol

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Are you dumb? 

What makes you think he believes posting it here will "get if fixed"  Apparently you just had some snarky remark all queued up and were just looking for the first available thread to dump it in.

Its pretty clear he was posting this to people thinking about playing.  Since he also made it very clear that Bioware doesn't seem to care and is too busy loading up the cartel market rather than working on things that don't directly translate into a cash shop sale

Originally posted by goboygo

Are you dumb? 

What makes you think he believes posting it here will "get if fixed"  Apparently you just had some snarky remark all queued up and were just looking for the first available thread to dump it in.

Its pretty clear he was posting this to people thinking about playing.  Since he also made it very clear that Bioware doesn't seem to care and is too busy loading up the cartel market rather than working on things that don't directly translate into a cash shop sale

Except that he was completely wrong, so I am not sure where you come off stating "he also made it very clear that Bioware doesn't seem to care", and calling others dumb.

Updating this thread with the latest info:

They did not bother to respond regarding this issue while the exploiter, ÝólòØüêúèßãdåss (yes that is his name, most likely trying to make it so people can`t report him) is now rank 52 world wide.

I tried posting in a thread a developer posted - the thread was about a PvE bug, obviously - and posted a link to a thread in the PvP forum and said that it has been a while and that the player is ruining the game for everyone playing ranked PvP.

My post was deleted within minutes... so i posted again asking why was it deleted and if they plan to fix it or just hide the information. I am now banned for 3 days from the forum.... and some of the threads made about the exploiter on the PvP forum have been deleted too... all of this after i posted in the PvE part of the forums.

So i guess nobody even read the PvP forum, and when they saw my link they went into panic and are covering everything up.

I will post here in case they fix the issue/ban the exploiter, but it looks like so far they are just trying not to let people know the truth.

I posted this here as they can`t delete threads on this website, and i never had problems with threads vanishing here as long as what was said in them was true - good or bad.

Also, what is EA thinking... this is basically against any freedom of speech i know of... fixing the exploit would have been a lot better for them and the game, but instead they do this.

At least now there is a record here of what they did. 

Updating this thread with the latest info:

They did not bother to respond regarding this issue while the exploiter, ÝólòØüêúèßãdåss (yes that is his name, most likely trying to make it so people can`t report him) is now rank 52 world wide.

I tried posting in a thread a developer posted - the thread was about a PvE bug, obviously - and posted a link to a thread in the PvP forum and said that it has been a while and that the player is ruining the game for everyone playing ranked PvP.

My post was deleted within minutes... so i posted again asking why was it deleted and if they plan to fix it or just hide the information. I am now banned for 3 days from the forum.... and some of the threads made about the exploiter on the PvP forum have been deleted too... all of this after i posted in the PvE part of the forums.

So i guess nobody even read the PvP forum, and when they saw my link they went into panic and are covering everything up.

I will post here in case they fix the issue/ban the exploiter, but it looks like so far they are just trying not to let people know the truth.

I posted this here as they can`t delete threads on this website, and i never had problems with threads vanishing here as long as what was said in them was true - good or bad.

Also, what is EA thinking... this is basically against any freedom of speech i know of... fixing the exploit would have been a lot better for them and the game, but instead they do this.

At least now there is a record here of what they did. 

Regardless , it's a useless pvp build. You're not min/max'd and don't deal/heal enough to be effective even compared to a 65. It's not worth getting you're panties in a bunch. It's on par with a 72 geared pve build. You're beating this horse , why ?

I forgot i did not mention the exploit here in the OP, i only mentioned it on the SWTOR forum.

What the post above is about: a player is exploiting leaving the ranked arena area and avoiding the other players/the acid mechanic that is supposed to kill everyone if a tie occurs. So he is winning every time. I should have made a new thread about this, and i will now.

EDIT: made a new thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/forums/post/6151526/thread/403816#6151526 detailing the exploit and how it was handled so far.

About the bolster, i still think we need them to fix it, as it invalidates any point of having PvP gear. They could just remove PvP gear if they want... or fix the current system... just you know, do something.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

OP

Do the Star Wars devs know pvp is supposed to be a feature of the game ?