Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN man, the game looked like some decend thempark/sandbox mix but then they went full "EA" on it? wtf?

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Holy crap this dont sound good...  Man even with the cars and cargo shorts i was willing to play just for the exploraton and freedom.  Now im not so sure.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

While interesting, that is more of the Korean localization, or rather, re-localization.

I agree that buying power (labor points) in the cash shop is ridiculous.  If I recall though, Russia was proposed with this same plan as well, and the fans revolted, causing changes.

It's really a matter of whether Trion wants the burden of such dubious rubbish in their Western cash-shop.  So nothing really changes, until Trion announces their own variant.  XP rates, pack condolence prizes, and such can be adjusted for any region, without recoding the game.

Making a Korean game more grindy, for Koreans, isn't really that surprising (to me).  So I'm not going to get all huffy .. yet.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119

"The Cash Shop is now more P2W than it ever was. Costumes, Mounts, LP"

How in the world is that P2W, since when does Costumes and Mounts make you stronger lol

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

wow I was a huge archeage fanboy before I saw this post.  Now you're telling me the only way I can get a house is to do dailies?...DAILIES??? The one thing I hate more than raiding from WoW?

screw this.  I'll be waiting for the repop/ black desert.

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245

The changes to slow down piracy and limit the amount of land you have are actually good ones.

Everything I ever saw on the water suggested that you can not get out of sight of the beach before you had pirates after you. Piracy and PVP should be a possibility, something that could happen. It should not be guaranteed that you will be ganked and raped the moment you touch your toe in the water. People will just stop playing that aspect of the game.

On it costing more to hold multiple claims, good. A new player should be able to find a piece of land. We've all heard the stories of people being unable to find land because it is ALL taken. It doesn't bother me at all that players now have to work hard to maintain multiple properties.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by wangkom

How in the world is that P2W, since when does Costumes and Mounts make you stronger lol

LP = labor points.  It determines how much power and epic-ness you can acquire in a given play-session.  It affects everything from farming, crafting, up to PVP, gear consumables, etc.  It is hard-capped by region, with F2P having a lower cap than subscribers.  But it is still hard-capped.

Putting LP into the cash-shop makes it unlimited, bound only by someones bank account.  Trion should just stick to costumes, mounts, illusions, and house furniture :P [and avoid EA-ifying their version]

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Karteli

While interesting, that is more of the Korean localization, or rather, re-localization.

I agree that buying power (labor points) in the cash shop is ridiculous.  If I recall though, Russia was proposed with this same plan as well, and the fans revolted, causing changes.

It's really a matter of whether Trion wants the burden of such dubious rubbish in their Western cash-shop.  So nothing really changes, until Trion announces their own variant.  XP rates, pack condolence prizes, and such can be adjusted for any region, without recoding the game.

Making a Korean game more grindy, for Koreans, isn't really that surprising (to me).  So I'm not going to get all huffy .. yet.

While there isn't an official response yet from Trion or XL, based on what we know, version 1.0 will be a core upgrade for all regions. You must note that version 1.0 made changes to 75%+ of the overall game, very few game features remained unaffected. It is highly unlikely that there will vastly different versions that XL will have to support based on region. So unless version 1.0 get reverted or dramatically changed, XL Games just broke AA's back for everyone.

Also note that there is a HUGE revolt in KR to revert 1.0 so much can still change plus KR is always the test ground for the crazy KR ideas that sometimes never see the light of day. At the same time, we have reports that both RU and Trion will be localizing (or already are) the 1.0 patch soon.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    By the time AA is released in the west, it's already closed in Korea.
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    By the time AA is released in the west, it's already closed in Korea.

This is a very possible scenario, indeed...

• CreatorzimCreatorzim Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Called this about 2 years ago. It seemed like they had too many hopes for the game, trying to drive it in too many directions. Sad thing is I was thinking about checking this game out when it finally came out. I thought the castle aspect sounded cool but as everyone says, its not. A shame really.

• KeksXKeksX Member UncommonPosts: 47

Sorry, I forgot to mention that these are stealth mounts and also the fastest ingame. Only the PvP mount, which is extremely hard to get, is AS fast.

The costumes I meant are also not cosmetics costumes, I'm talking about costumes that are basicallly as good as a T2-T3 item with major boni.

Ty for pointing that out, will edit it.

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

This is really sad news.

Never even had a chance to give the game a try in its best days. Those days seem to be over for Archeage. Maybe trion will save the day, and reverts 1.0 for us. ={

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395

Well I have been looking forward to this game for awhile.  This post scares the living crap outta me thats for sure.  I read the link and I really can't say that if this is the direction this game goes that I will be playing it at all.  I loved the sandbox game and I thought this game really had a good chance at being huge, but if this is the direction they go, I agree with the previous people that it will be dead in korea by the time it gets to the west.

Extremely Sad

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Think someone will make a private server for pre 1.0 AA as people did for pre NGE SWG? 

Oh who am i kidding, they are coding it right now.

• tiagotbp190tiagotbp190 Member Posts: 28
    Its the end? Trion can change this aspects of the patch 1.0?
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

A child is waiting for more then 3 years for his dream toy, and when finally get it its broken...

This is pure evil... image

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Extremely disappointing. Black Desert is looing more and more attractive.
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Because the costumes have stat bonuses.

Anyway, I have already heard from several of the people I play with in Japan complain majorly about this. And when a Japanese person, born and raised in Japan go on a rant...........its big, because its not something they would normally do in public.

I know these themepark changes will end my tenure on the Japanese servers, poor Trion, they have no luck at all.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    The longer time goes on, the more im realizing that mmos are just not for me anymore. even AA could not over come to need to mainstream and cowtow to the greatest common denominator, casuals. It seems yet another promising MMO has sold out and its about time that i bow out.

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    The longer time goes on, the more im realizing that mmos are just not for me anymore. even AA could not over come to need to mainstream and cowtow to the greatest common denominator, casuals. It seems yet another promising MMO has sold out and its about time that i bow out.

Grind is not for casuals. Sandbox games cater more to casuals than any other type because you are not locked into any kind of grind, can log in for 10 minutes and actually accomplish something and log back out. Adding things like dailies, grind to crafting and a heavier aspect on gear is for hardcore western players.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Informer80

http://archeagesource.com/topic/2481-real-talk-10-and-the-true-westernization-of-archeage/

This is a post on the internet so it must be true...

Look, if it is true then indeed it is bad news. And even if this is not true there are a million other ways in which AA might not live up to our hopes and expectations. It wouldn't exactly be the first to be a disappointment. But seriously, this is one persons post and we know nothing about them.

Chill out.

Wait for NA or EU beta

Try it out.

If you have fun, buy it.

If you don't have fun... don't buy it.

really pretty simple.

All die, so die well.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    So another big budget game went after the largest market of players.... I'm so surprised by this news.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by VikingGamer
    Originally posted by Informer80

http://archeagesource.com/topic/2481-real-talk-10-and-the-true-westernization-of-archeage/

This is a post on the internet so it must be true...

Look, if it is true then indeed it is bad news. And even if this is not true there are a million other ways in which AA might not live up to our hopes and expectations. It wouldn't exactly be the first to be a disappointment. But seriously, this is one persons post and we know nothing about them.

Chill out.

Wait for NA or EU beta

Try it out.

If you have fun, buy it.

If you don't have fun... don't buy it.

really pretty simple.

Agreed.

When its getting close to releasing in NA then I will take a look and see if its worth the buy.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by tiagotbp190
    Its the end? Trion can change this aspects of the patch 1.0?

So far Trion couldnt even carry the game further than into some elusive friends and family alpha.

At this pace the game may very well not get old enough to ever reach 1.0 on the western market.

This discussion has been closed.