Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Witcher 3 to have 36 Endings...

DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

IGN interviews co-founder of the CD Projekt on the Witcher 3 : Wild hunt.

Main points..

- Game world 30 times the size of older Witcher games.

- Main story playthrough clocks at 50 hrs, 100-120 hrs with side quests

- More monster hunting

- 36 different endings

- Release of the REDkit after game launch for player made mods.

- Releasing this year.

Check out the article for more stuff.

This just gets better and better. I have no doubt that they will also release an Enhanced Edition for this like they did with the previous 2 games completely free. Just wish more game devs were like these guys and not like the money grabbing scum you'll find at EA and Capcom.

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

A missing one from the main points: it will be DRM-free (at least in sane and decent places, like gog.com or the boxed version in the stores. For those who plan to buy it on steam... well, those are already brain-steamed so who cares :) )

For the different endings, great to see that concept again. Based on their previous works it definitely won't be a ME-like "same ending in 36 different colours" :)

Good ol' times, my favourite was Shadow of Memories (though it's an adventure not an rpg), where the different endings opened up choice options in the next playthrough, and every ending added some pieces to the big picture.

On the bottom of the first page of the interview, I hope they don't referring a dumbing down...

(Snickers) We call this the Eastern European immersion curve, where we throw players straight into the deep end. On a more serious note, while I was going through some of the reviews, I read that certain Western journalists died multiple times in the prologue itself, and that wasn’t a good thing.   (sidenote: lol, the n00bz)

Obviously, our core audience is the RPG gamer, but we're looking to expand that demographic with gamers who just want to follow the main story, and have a satisfying hack-and-slash experience.     yep, that's a bit concerning.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    It's probably going to be 36 end states, not the endings themselves. I remember the same miscommunication happened with Witcher 2 and its 16 endings.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Pretty ambitious!

Go CD Project! (PS: Give us more news about Cyberpunk 2077!)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    damn 36?
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Course this is the witcher series. So 1 not too bad endings and 35 bad endings. :P

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Pretty ambitious!

Go CD Project! (PS: Give us more news about Cyberpunk 2077!)

When it comes to CD Projekt RED nothing is to ambitious they are the kings of Europe when it comes to RPGs. TW3 will be RPG game of the year imo or come second to Dark Souls 2.