Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

International Fee for subscription?

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

So I look on my bank statement today, and noticed it has a 0.45 international fee.   So I called my bank and they confirmed that my purchase with Age of Conan 14.99 sub,  I was charged an international fee because the bank they used to charge my subscription was in another country outside the U.S.

This really annoys me because game companies know what country you are from and they should be using the country your bank is in when they do transactions.   Idk why Age of Conan would do this and leave customers stuck with international fees but it should never be standard practice. 

At the very least they should be telling you that they will be charging your card at a foreign bank.  What do you guys think?

Comments

• Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395

I've just started playing AoC myself in the past week, so I' still f2p but I completely agree with you.  The company should make it blatently aware that if you take part in their sub, that they should disclose what country their bank is in and make the community aware that anyone outside that country will be charged a fee from their bank.

In all honesty, I am amazed that something wouldn't have been already said, so makes me think they might have put it in fine print somewhere but still it's pretty underhanded practice IMHO.